Hopes for a Robert's Rebellion Spinoff

Ciarzard27

I think HBO would be idiots not to make a show based on this time period. It has some of our favorite characters who were killed off too fast like Ned and Robert, and at their prime no less. We would also get to finally see some of the legendary knights like Rhaegar (how would they find a man beautiful enough to play him), Arthur Dayne, younger Barristan, and some legendary villain's for us to hate for killing the newly introduced Brandon and Rickard Stark. We can see how the prophecy plays in and likely how Jon Snow came to be as well as getting to see the two beautiful ladies Ashara Dayne and Lyanna Stark. Hell they could drag this spinoff to at least three seasons and make just as much money as they are now if they do it right. What do you guys think? Will this ever happen after the end of the series? What parts of this era would you like to see the most? Rhaegar vs. Robert, The Battle of the Bells, Jaime killing Aerys?

A part of me goes HELL YASSSS and the other part of me goes "Okay but can someone else adapt it this time and not the current team that's adapting ASOIAF?" (I said the latter in the politest way possible.)

Since it's pretty much confirmed that we won't get a Robert's Rebellion Era book/series from GRRM, maybe the HBO team will decide to do something with it. Granted GRRM gives them permission. But I think it's pretty much a pipe dream at the moment.

I like this idea because it's simple. I think it could be easily done with 1-3 movies, easily. I think you'd need at least 1 movie to set up all the attrocities and love triangles, then 1-2 to close up the battles and whatnot.

Sadly, the scope of Westeros is too epic for any kind of one shot tale, I think. Unless you really just told the rescuing of Lyanna from Ned's POV, and picked up the movie at the exact moment of Robert killing Rhaegar at the Trident. But I think the powers that be like to weigh the costs and everything beforehand, and they're not gonna make a one shot movie that will just leave people wanting more. They'll do it as a trilogy, or they'll use Dunk and Egg.

So yeah, one shot, no way. A trilogy, hell yes.

I want it so much but I think that they are going to adapt Dunk and Egg's tales.

Even for HBO, it would be more bankable to adapt RR and all the crazy stuffs that happened during that era than the wandering of a hedge knight and his squire. The audience would be far more interested by the rebellion especially since it explains a lot of things about the "present", characters motivations and all, showatchers would have already encounter a part of the characters and it would be easier to understand the story of Robert's rebellion and GOT. Imagine their reaction to R+L=J ! They would have the impression that, even if it is prequel, the plot is thickening. If they watch Dunk and Egg, they would be like : "yeah that cool but what the point ? We want to know what's going to happen next on GOT, not what happened to some knight and squire (who will become king but they can't know that).

I saw an interview with D&D and they shot down the idea of them doing any other work on this - but I think that HBO would be dumb to pass on this. As it is right now, the day after the show airs I cancel HBO until the next season. I think a lot of people do. If they were to do a spin off to run in the fall - it would mean keeping more people subscribed for longer.

A single movie would definitly not be enough for Robert's Rebellion. They would need three I think. Or they could do a whole season on RR, buying for GRRM a year to advance on the books before the show completly catch on them.

A single movie would definitly not be enough for Robert's Rebellion. They would need three I think. Or they could do a whole season on RR, buying for GRRM a year to advance on the books before the show completly catch on them.

That's what i was thinking about him needing to catch up. After the next two seasons there is no way in hell he will be able to finish ADoS before the final one or two seasons. I feel that the Rebellion would be a great mini series and could do some foreshadowing on the mysteries that will be solved in the final book

I'd much rather see something else entirely, like the Blackfyre Rebellion, than have something which would kind of be handcuffed due to the present series in terms of artistic creativity.

There's alot that would be great in GRRM's world the Blackfyre Rebellion included however i think for the sake of less hardcore fans like tv watchers Robert's Rebellion would be the most relevant to the current show and has been mentioned the most so they may at least be like "oh yeah that Jaime killed a king and stuff, i'd like to see that" it would also be amazing for hardcore fans simply because Rhaegar is the man to us

I think HBO would be idiots not to make a show based on this time period. It has some of our favorite characters who were killed off too fast like Ned and Robert, and at their prime no less. We would also get to finally see some of the legendary knights like Rhaegar (how would they find a man beautiful enough to play him), Arthur Dayne, younger Barristan, and some legendary villain's for us to hate for killing the newly introduced Brandon and Rickard Stark. We can see how the prophecy plays in and likely how Jon Snow came to be as well as getting to see the two beautiful ladies Ashara Dayne and Lyanna Stark. Hell they could drag this spinoff to at least three seasons and make just as much money as they are now if they do it right. What do you guys think? Will this ever happen after the end of the series? What parts of this era would you like to see the most? Rhaegar vs. Robert, The Battle of the Bells, Jaime killing Aerys?

What they are doing now is horrible enough. It would just grind it even further into the mud.

I would love to see Roberts Rebellion in some form- book, TV, film? The characters are intriguing and knowing their future fates (particularly Robert and Ned) would add more weight and tragedy to their story. Just imagine Ned coming home and Catelyn presenting him baby Robb...cute, he has a son and some happiness...BAM, oh wait, that baby will grow up and attend a wedding... :bawl:

If it is a series (before R+L=J is revealed) they could have Lyanna pregnant, Ashara pregnant and some other random woman who Ned may have been affectionate with (lead audience on that something happened behind the scenes... Jon Snows mother?) so the audience aren't sure who Jon's mother actually is and then at the end "Promise me, Ned" and we know.

My only problem is I usually don't like two different actors playing the same character. Sean Bean will always be Ned so another actor playing a young Ned would feel weird.

George Martin has "supposedly" hinted at a movie. Imo roberts rebellion would most definetly take place as a movie. And since the series is pretty big already there would be a massive profit margin for a movie. I wonder who they would line up to play the younger versions of Robert, Ned, Jamie and Tywin?

Charles Dance could still play Tywin, right? I really can't imagine anyone else in that role now, even young Tywin.

<snip

My only problem is I usually don't like two different actors playing the same character. Sean Bean will always be Ned so another actor playing a young Ned would feel weird.

But Sean Bean could play Rickard Stark!

Like I said...miniseries! There are miniseries' that are longer than a season of GoT.

Archived