Who will the faith choose against Ser Robert Strong and is there any-way to defeat him

Zoravar Singh

Daemon is said to fight like a GOD with a Valyrian Steel sword which is said to be equal with Dawn

Daemon needed 1 hour to defeat Gwayne Corbray, is Gwayne also a god? Or we'll just agree that Daemon is obviously overhyped?

Robert Strong is not human, he's stronger,taller, more durable and has limitless stamina;.

And since when Blackfyre is equal to Dawn?

I have become completely convinced that Sandor is alive and sort of wanted it to be him. But then I thought more about it and what people were saying about how whoever fights for the faith is basically fighting for their ridiculous and horrible rules and morals, so I'd rather not. Also, I'd sort of like him to be his own person and not obey loyally with little question like he did with Joffrey for so long. And if he did face Robert Strong he'd likely die, and I'm not sure I like that idea. I'm not opposed to his death overall, but I think if he were to die 'again' (ah my heart) I'd like it to be in peace, content with himself, and possibly involve helping the starks. Or be alive and choosing to serve the stark sisters in some way. (Sorry I got a bit carried away so this may not be so relevant).

Daemon needed 1 hour to defeat Gwayne Corbray, is Gwayne also a god? Or we'll just agree that Daemon is obviously overhyped?

Robert Strong is not human, he's stronger,taller, more durable and has limitless stamina;.

Dawn is said to have been made from the heart of a fallen star, and is also as sharp and durable as Valyrian Steel so Dawn essentially equals a VS blade

I have become completely convinced that Sandor is alive and sort of wanted it to be him. But then I thought more about it and what people were saying about how whoever fights for the faith is basically fighting for their ridiculous and horrible rules and morals, so I'd rather not. Also, I'd sort of like him to be his own person and not obey loyally with little question like he did with Joffrey for so long. And if he did face Robert Strong he'd likely die, and I'm not sure I like that idea. I'm not opposed to his death overall, but I think if he were to die 'again' (ah my heart) I'd like it to be in peace, content with himself, and possibly involve helping the starks. Or be alive and choosing to serve the stark sisters in some way. (Sorry I got a bit carried away so this may not be so relevant).

If he fights Strong it won't be for anyone else but them. He won't give a damn about the High Septon or Cersei or the whole realm while his at it (exculding a certain bird). It'll be between him and Gregor, won't matter if it was even a piece of him its still Gregor.

Of course it'll be kinda lame to have an unbeatable monster destroyed before he unleashes so I hope we get to see some prowess from Strong.

You need Dawn.

Neither Daemon nor Dayne would beat Robert Strong if with equal weapon;

And you know this how?

Obviously Dayne and Daemon will be equipped with Dawn/Blackfyre.

Daemon fought atleast 3-4 warriors before fighting Corbray. Also, after the fight Corbray was severely injured (blind as well). Daemon wasn't implied to be wounded. He had enough stamina/strength to continue until he got killed by the arrows.

The main problem with most Dornish plans is that Doran keeps a lot of it to himself. Sure hes spilled some of the beans, but not all of them. If he dies all their plans go up in smoke

You're right about that, but if Qyburn is truly working for the Martels I'm not sure why he'd creative an undead, indestructible giant for one of their biggest enemies. He is either a pushover, or has a weakness that will be exploited in a later trial after his identity is revealed in Cersei's trial

'Robert Strong' still has Gregor's head. It is hinted that the scull that was sent to Dorne belonged to a dwarf, one of those who were killed in place of Tyrion and brought to Cersei. I think he was the one who met with Brienne.

I don't believe that the High Septon cares much to prove Cersei guilty. I believe they thought that after the walk of shame she would be pliable and useful. They'll choose someone without any chance to win, if there was ever any who could, that is.

I don't think it will be Lancel. Defeating your cousin's champion in a trial by combat is awfully close to kinslaying and even the faith frowns on that.

My guess is Garlan Tyrell. By now the Tyrell's know that Cersei is out to get them, so the only way they can stay in power is to get rid of her. And GRRM has already established that Garlan is a much better swordsman than Loras and Loras was good enough to finish second in the melee at Bitterbridge. Garlan might be the best fighter who's still alive and healthy in Westeros (other than Wun Wun of course). If anyone can "kill" Strong it would be him. And if he loses and Margaery also wins her trial the story would get a lot more interesting...that would be the real start of the War of the Three Queens.

Could the Faith pick Ser Robert Strong before Cersei? They make him out to be pious with his vow of silence ect although I imagine him being a Kingsguard would disqualify him from fighting against the royal family.

Has anyone ever though of Theon Greyjoy?

Full plate of armor protects you against many weapons except for piercing ones; Oberyn had already vanquished the living Gregor with a spear but only died because of his arrogance. Theon is one of the best archers seen in the series, his arrows with goose feathers were deadly, so why not give him a chance?

Bloodraven rained arrows over the best warrior of Westeros and his sons to extinguish the first blackfyre rebellion, let Theon redeem himself by putting seven goose feathers in Ungregor, a couple to the knee and his a goner.

Has anyone ever though of Theon Greyjoy?

Full plate of armor protects you against many weapons except for piercing ones; Oberyn had already vanquished the living Gregor with a spear but only died because of his arrogance. Theon is one of the best archers seen in the series, his arrows with goose feathers were deadly, so why not give him a chance?

Bloodraven rained arrows over the best warrior of Westeros and his sons to extinguish the first blackfyre rebellion, let Theon redeem himself by putting seven goose feathers in Ungregor, a couple to the knee and his a goner.

except Theon is ironborn and therefore has no connection to the faith of the seven

except Theon is ironborn and therefore has no connection to the faith of the seven

True, I forgot about that.... Then the faith is completely fracked. With no one proficient with piercieng weapons, only Sandor can put a stop to Ser. But will he?

I don't think it will be Lancel. Defeating your cousin's champion in a trial by combat is awfully close to kinslaying and even the faith frowns on that.

My guess is Garlan Tyrell. By now the Tyrell's know that Cersei is out to get them, so the only way they can stay in power is to get rid of her. And GRRM has already established that Garlan is a much better swordsman than Loras and Loras was good enough to finish second in the melee at Bitterbridge. Garlan might be the best fighter who's still alive and healthy in Westeros (other than Wun Wun of course). If anyone can "kill" Strong it would be him. And if he loses and Margaery also wins her trial the story would get a lot more interesting...that would be the real start of the War of the Three Queens.

Wouldn't Garlan Tyrell be as related to Cersei as Loras?

I don't know. I know it being Sandor seems to make sense, but I wouldn't like it plot-wise. The way things are, it's actually a nice ending for Sandor. I mean, there are so much characters, some have to go away and it's the best we can hope for him. Maybe he shows up in the end, but not for something as important as the trial.

That guy from the Quiet Isle seemed genuinely worried about Sandor. Why would he inform that prick the High Sparrow he's the Hound?

I don't think that he necessarily will tell the guy that its the hound, but Sandor will either be asked or volunteer to champion for the faith since he's a McBaddass and is now at least listening to what they have to say. Maybe he's reformed but because of his size and prowess, he's the only champion the faith could name that might not just be brutally slaughtered in a few heartbeats. Whether or not he will win will depend upon if Tommen and Mercella have died before the trial by combat. I always envisioned the champion of the faith winning, Cersei being sentenced to die and then something happening in the intervening time, maybe she even escapes somehow, before the Valanquar arrives to strangle her.

Well, we've had three trials by battle so far. Everytime the opponents were previously introduced characters that surprisingly or shockingly decided to fight, twice for the accused and once for the accuser.

Average twist level: Garlan, Loras, Moonboy, Lancel, Kettleblacks

Great twist level: Jaime, Tyene, Sandor, Blackfish, JonCon, Arya, Brienne

Improbability drive twist level: Lady Stoneheart, unTywin, unJoffrey, Jaime's swordhand, Nymeria, Mance Raydar, Wun Wun, Mycah's father, Garth the Gross

Archived