#1 digiKhel

digiKhel

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Valar Morghulis!

I'm a game developer, making games as digiKhel (http://www.facebook.com/digiKhel), and love the Game of Thrones series like everyone here. :)

I can't help it, but I really *really* wanna make a game which gives us some sort of feeling like being part of Game of Thrones. Before that though, I was wondering.... would you fans be interested to play it?

http://i.imgur.com/jQJZFHy.jpg

Valar Morgamis.

#2 Lyanna<3Rhaegar

Lyanna<3Rhaegar

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

I would! What type of game r u thinking?

#3 Ser Scot A Ellison

Ser Scot A Ellison

My children's daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,228 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

I'm thinking HBO and GRRM might have something to say about such a game.

#4 polishgenius

polishgenius

The Good Doctor

• Members
  • 8,206 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

It really depends on what you mean by a game that gives you that Game of Thrones feeling, right? That's a really broad term.

I'd be far more interested in something trying to capture the courtly politics aspect than just a standard-but-gritty RPG or epic fantasy strategy game. But getting the gameplay and the story (given the amount of options you'd need to open to make it worthwhile) right in something like that could be incredibly tough.

I'm thinking HBO and GRRM might have something to say about such a game.

Why? From the wording I don't get the impression that OP wants to make a game that's actually trying to be in Westeros.

#5 digiKhel

digiKhel

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

So, I know that I can't really use any GoT characters. But I'm really more interested in seeing what happens if we give players control over other players. A chance for players to form alliances, kill each other, compete... to become the one King of the Land.

Imagine anything between 100 players and 1 million jostling every week, or every month - to become the one King of the Realm.

While just one person can be King/Queen, a certain subset could be like Lords who have control over other players in the realm.

#6 digiKhel

digiKhel

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

I'm trying to give people a semblance of control, of life and death, over other people's fictitious lives. Does that sound interesting?

#7 felice

felice

just the girl next door

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

The problem with this as multiplayer is that most players would be controlled, not controlling, and I'm not sure how appealing that would be. Or how you'd get all the players to stay in character. The concept would work better with NPCs, I think, though that would of course be far, far more work to implement.

#8 Jaystation

Jaystation

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

Id definitely be interested - the only problem is, it sounds very similar to a lot of other games/concepts I've either heard of or played.

With myself - These games always start off as fun to start with - but I tend to quickly lose interest as, I find I just keep doing the same things day in and day out.  It tends to be the players the only thing that is changing - not the world around me - and this just dulls me quickly unfortunately.

#9 digiKhel

digiKhel

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

@ felice - The plan is that players have to do a few tasks every week. It's their mission - by doing it, they accumulate gold/power, which in turn they could use to order people around. I'm assuming it wouldn't matter to people if their orders came from the game, or another player - just as long as they were making their gold. But that's an interesting point you raised about NPCs, I could consider controlling NPCs to do activities.

@ Jaystation - It'd be really cool if you tell me which these games are? I could look at them, and figure out what to avoid. It'll also help me see what about these games can turn someone away, like how you're getting bored.

Reply to this topic