ACROPHOBIA 7: Fan Theories - Game Over

Dany Lannister

Greetings! Welcome to the 7th edition of Acrophobia!

Previous Acrophbia games // their winners:

The theme of this game will be fan theories. Westeros.org has some amazing theories, and some that are less than, but all the same, I very much enjoy reading ALL of them. So, I am very much looking forward to this round! I’ll probably throw a few in that are generally accepted and a few that are tinfoily (IMO). If anyone has any they think simply MUST be included, please send me a PM.

I’m anticipating great entries this game - whether you are adding to the theory, refuting the theory, providing a clever perspective, etc. of course, it's up to you on what you want to submit.

Here are the rules:

1. There will be 7 rounds. The theme of each round will be an ASOIAF fan theory. Your job is to take the acronym provided and assign a word to each letter to form your entry. Creativity, cleverness, and humor will usually win, at least, a point.

• Entries must only contain words that begin with the letters the Acronym provided; therefore, you may not stick in a word like a, the, of, and, etc or &, @. to make your answer make sense. Players will be asked to re-submit their answer if this happens. However, punctuation may be used, which may help increase meaning.

2. Players will most often be given ~48 hours for entries each round. I will try to avoid 48 hour periods taking place solely over weekends, as a result, some deadlines may be extended. This is due to prior game having extended deadlines so everyone could participate.

3. Entries should be PM'd to the game host (Dany Lannister). Please title your PM Acrophobia 7 - <insert your Board Name> and keep all communication to one thread so the host's inbox does not reach overload.

• You may change your entry until the submissions window is closed.

4. When all submissions are in, I will post them on this thread.

• Entries are to be anonymous, so don't reveal which is your entry. Revealed entries will be disqualified.

5. Players will then have ~48 hours to vote for their top 3 favorite answers.

• Please vote in thread by putting your favorite entry first, preceded by the numeral 1. Then put your second choice preceded by the numeral 2. Finally put your third ranked entry third, preceded by the numeral 3. Please bold your selections and include the submission’s number (each round each submission will be numbered).

For example:

1. <Submission #> Funny thing tinfoily theory

2. <Submission #> Slightly less funny thing about theory

3. <Submission #> Mildly amusing thing about theory

• You may not, of course, vote for your own entry.

• You may change your vote up until the voting window closes.

6. After Round 1 submissions are over, voting and the submissions for a new round will run simultaneously.

7. Points will be awarded as follows:

• 1 point for a submission

• 1 point for voting

• 3 points for someone choosing your answer as their top choice

• 2 points for someone choosing your answer as their second choice

• 1 point for someone choosing your answer as their third choice

• 4 points for having the answer with the most 1st place votes

• Points will be added across the 7 rounds and the person with the most points will be the winner

8, New players may join at any time, both during the submission and voting.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please PM me. Or if I totally fark up the score, please point it out!

Thanks for hosting, Dany Lannister! I've been plagued by migraines this weekend but will try to get a submission in for the first round.

Oh no! I hope you get to feeling better!!

I'm a first time player and my submission is in. Good luck to you all.

:cheers:

Welcome!! Glad you are playing!!

Likewise, I know nothing, but i just read the long quote 'Yeade said' sitting in the post you get to if you click on the link Dany has included. It seemed to give a pretty good idea.

Gah, I know next to nothing about the GNC and simply cannot read 3 entire threads about it. Is there a link to the (very) short version?

Gah, I know next to nothing about the GNC and simply cannot read 3 entire threads about it. Is there a link to the (very) short version?

The first post in the link gives a pretty good idea of what it's all about. The North is secretly uniting to overthrow those who have attacked it.

there is a lot of lengthy info out there about GNC - Fragile Bird's one sentence description is a really good high level summary

The surviving elements of the army that was broken at the Red Wedding made contact to the units that were sent to secure passage North with Howland Reed. The BWB also gets involved in most versions. In the North Wyman Manderly secured permission from Bran early in the story to build a fleet. He has a huge force and has been waiting for the Lannisters to return his sons before attacking the Boltons. Pretty much every other house in the North, except the Karstarks, has a reason to hate the Boltons and have just been waiting for their hostages to come home before they attack. In my opinion this is second only to R+L=J in the realm of plausible theories.

Archived