Photo

which character do you indentify most with?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 The Second To Last Dragon

The Second To Last Dragon

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

lets hear it..

#2 King Tyrion I

King Tyrion I

HRH Spam King 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

It's actually a tie between Tyrion and Tywin Lannister, although I also have a great deal of Ned Stark in me.

#3 Witch

Witch

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

I feel I can identify with a lot of characters. It depends. From Cersei to Quentyn.

#4 Queen of Whores

Queen of Whores

Pimp of all Sultry Dornish Ladies

• Members
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Tristifer Botley I guess

#5 Roxy Carmichael

Roxy Carmichael

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

I've never identified with a book character, even the ones that share some characteristics or experiences as I have. Never understood it. Always seemed a bit self-obsessed. 

#6 Queen of Whores

Queen of Whores

• Members
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

I've never identified with a book character, even the ones that share some characteristics or experiences as I have. Never understood it. Always seemed a bit self-obsessed. 

Wtf, maybe some people just happen to relate to a character, what's so weird with that? :dunno:

#7 The Second To Last Dragon

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

cynic.

#8 Bryden Tully

Bryden Tully

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

Loras-just because of this 'when the sun has set no candle can replace it'

#9 The Second To Last Dragon

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

Loras-just because of this 'when the sun has set no candle can replace it'

that line has ALWAYS stuck with me

#10 Ser Madruga

Ser Madruga

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Stannis the mannnis: his grindy teeth and pessimist "humour".

#11 Bustard

Bustard

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

Combination of Tyrion and Davos, I would say. I try to be more like Davos but usually end up more like Tyrion... 

Edited by Bustard, 13 July 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#12 James Arryn

James Arryn

Vice President of the Autocracy

• Members
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

Rhaegar, or some other pretty polymath.

#13 Lion-in-Black

Lion-in-Black

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Jaime Lannister. 

My frustration over the world not being like the beautiful stories I love so much tell me it is...
 "So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

My constant questioning over the existence of God...

“If there are gods, why is the world so full of pain and injustice?"
“Why would the stars want to look down on such as me?” 

The perverse sense of power and arrogance I get when I play a person just right...
Jaime smiled knowingly. Men will read all sorts of things into a knowing smile if you let them.

And the fact that I would do horrible, life-damning things to protect the one whom I love...
"The things I do for love."

#14 JonCon's Red Beard

JonCon's Red Beard

The one with the Targaryen Entitlement™

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

<-

#15 DogLover

DogLover

Priestess of the High Seas

• Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

As much as I love the badass warrior chicks like Brienne and Asha, and the assassin Arya, I think I identify with Sansa the most. She's just so realistic to me. As a child I was enamored with fairytales and the idealization of romance. I couldn't get enough of it. But as I grew older, I quickly became much more cynical--depressingly cynical. However, I didn't have a Hound in my life to teach me hard truths when I was young, just straight-up experience and empirical observation as I grew older (which Sansa also learns from).

#16 James Arryn

James Arryn

Vice President of the Autocracy

• Members
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

As much as I love the badass warrior chicks like Brienne and Asha, and the assassin Arya, I think I identify with Sansa the most. She's just so realistic to me. As a child I was enamored with fairytales and the idealization of romance. I couldn't get enough of it. But as I grew older, I quickly became much more cynical--depressingly cynical. However, I didn't have a Hound in my life to teach me hard truths when I was young, just straight-up experience and empirical observation as I grew older (which Sansa also learns from).

Yet again proving that you can take the cynicism out of the dog, but you can't take the dog out of the Cynic.

Edited by James Arryn, 14 July 2014 - 01:31 AM.

#17 Universal Sword Donor

Universal Sword Donor

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

As much as I'd love to say someone like Robert (the good parts), but I totally lack the "balls to the wall" approach to which he lived. I also don't go whoring, drink myself to sleep, or call my SO the wrong name.

If I had to pick one, it would probably be Stannis or Jon Snow. Perfectly capable in my own right, but overshadowed by my siblings. My sister is smarter. My brother is the better athlete. It kind of ground my gears that I couldn't match her grades, and my brother far exceeded my athletic achievements while working half as hard. Luckily for me, I was smart enough and lucky enough to position myself well and develop a pretty easy going, approachable personality. So far, no one has stabbed me in the back and I haven't had to sail to the end of the world to salvage my life.

#18 SomeDeadMan

SomeDeadMan

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

Tristifer Botley I guess

Seems like a really weird choice, but I'd actually agree. He's effortlessly relatable. 

#19 Queen of Whores

Queen of Whores

• Members
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

Seems like a really weird choice, but I'd actually agree. He's effortlessly relatable. 

Yeah, he's pretty much the ASoIaF equivalent of me. Not as stupid as many around him, is actually sensible and intelligent and mature, would prefer to find ways around physical violence, and of course is in love with a girl that is already taken. 

*Sigh* Why couldn't I be someone awesome like Stannis or Davos...

#20 Jon of the (Evil) Dead

Jon of the (Evil) Dead

Up-jumped Schemer

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Littlefinger - pedophilic and murderous tendencies + Dany - questionable taste regarding romantic interests = Me