How will Daenerys meet Tyrion?

I remember reading somewhere that GRRM said a main plot point in TWOW will be the relationship between Dany and Tyrion, but I can't work out how they're going to meet?

At the end of ADWD Tyrion has joined the second sons and is planning to turn them to Dany's cause, fair enough. But Dany is off in the Dothraki Sea somewhere and is presumably going to have to escape/control the Dothraki that have discovered her. So they're not exactly on a collision course.

The only way I can think up would be if Tyrion successfully turns the second sons, wins the battle at Meereen, reveals himself to Barristan and ends up helping to rule the city. Meanwhile Daenerys manages to control the Dothraki using Drogon and makes her way back to Meereen with them, so they then meet.

I think this theory is pretty unlikely though as it's a bit dull, and it doesn't take into account what could happen with Victarion and the Iron born, so does anyone have any better theories?

Here's the quote from the EW interview.

“Well, Tyrion and Dany will intersect, in a way, but for much of the book they’re still apart,” he says.

Archmaester Marwyn should be arriving in Meereen sometime after the battle finishes, and Quaithe is still hanging out somewhere. Perhaps one or the other will set up a glass candle communication link between Dany and Tyrion.

I like the idea of having Dany dealing the the presence of Arya both in the same room when Tyrion is brought in and introduced as Tyrion Lannister and at that momment have both Arya and Dany turn their attention on too Tyrion like a lamb led to the slaughterhouse.

And then?? Cyvasse à trois? Fine dining? Truth or dare?

I like the idea of having Dany dealing the the presence of Arya both in the same room when Tyrion is brought in and introduced as Tyrion Lannister and at that momment have both Arya and Dany turn their attention on too Tyrion like a lamb led to the slaughterhouse.

I don't think Arya will want to kill Tyrion (unless its her assignment). She only kills people whose wrongs she personally know. She doesn't have the ironborn or the Freys in the crossing in her prayer, because she doesn't know their names (or crimes). For all she knows, Tyrion is accused of killing Joffrey. But Dany alone is enough to be feared as a salughterhouse for any Lannister. Though I would love to see Arya, Dany and Tyrion meeting. (The chances grow thin with every new press release)

• 1 month later...

I believe Tyrion will become an advisor to the Queen's Hand (Barristan).He will manage to organise the situation there and crash Yunkai.I doubt they will trust each other.Tyrion will think she is Aerys's mad daughter and Daenerys will remember he is a Lannister.But they have common goals for now.

They may fly by each other on their own dragons. That would be intersecting in a way. lol

Haha, a man can dream.

But seriously they may not meet at all, hopefully at the end of the book they will meet literally, that would be great. I'm sure Dany will hear a lot about what Tyrion's doing in Meereen becuase of the battle but I imagine she'll still be considered AWOL for a lot of the book by everyone else in Essos.

Archived