How will Daenerys meet Tyrion?

Hmm that's a very tough question, I have a feeling Dany won't be heading back to Mereen because for one Drogon refuses to go in that direction. The outcome of her meeting with the Dothraki is not set in stone, if Drogon abandons her or she's unable to control him then she's in deep trouble. If she takes control of the khalasaar they won't make it to Mereen until probably the end of the war which Tyrion (Barristan will be dead by now) wins for her then he'll introduce himself and she'll spare his life for helping her. Of course this sounds too simple to happen

Hopefully Dany doesn't even go back to Mereen and events take her west. And after the battle, what's left of her entourage also travels west to find her. I think Dany and Tyrion meeting will be more of a tease or another near miss.

• 3 weeks later...

If Dany returns to Mereen it won't be the soft and good peace loving Dany from ADWD, but a Dany remembering her words, that she is there to bring fire and blood, not plant trees.

Tyrion teamed with two people the new Dany is unlikely to forgive, Mormont and Brown Ben.Two betrayers, the worst possible people to introduce him to her.

Also I feel like there will be some bad interactions between the two groups of people who will try to save the hostages (Brown Ben's team and dornish/Tattered Prince's team) not aware of each other plans, misunderstanding that will result in Daario and other hostages death.

As a result I see the trio being fed to dragons if Dany returns.

It's here that Tyrion's knowledge of dragons, or his possible Targaryan blood, will come into play. He'll manage to survive and prove he can be usefull to Dany.

I'm less positive about Mormont not ending roasted.

Tyrion teamed with two people the new Dany is unlikely to forgive, Mormont and Brown Ben.Two betrayers, the worst possible people to introduce him to her.

It's here that Tyrion's knowledge of dragons, or his possible Targaryan blood, will come into play. He'll manage to survive and prove he can be usefull to Dany.

I'm less positive about Mormont not ending roasted.

Tyrion in DWD has learned to adapt and study the actions of his companions.

He has seen the effect that Dany had on the exiled lord and on the greedy sellsword, but unlike Jorah he is not after love and he is not as greedy as Ben.

Tyrion's main motive is revenge.

It would be very interesting to see whether the Tywin-Aerys dynamic will be duplicated with Tyrion and Dany.

What puzzles me though, is GRRM's use of the word intersect to describe their interaction in WOW.

I saw a slender girl with silvery hair wrapped in a tokar, he might have told them. Her face was veiled, and I never got close enough for a good look. I was riding on a pig. Daenerys Targaryen had been seated in the owner's box beside her Ghiscari king, but Tyrion's eyes had been drawn to the knight in the white-and-gold armor behind her. Though his features were concealed, the dwarf would have known Barristan Selmy anywhere. Illyrio was right about that much, at least, he remembered thinking. Will Selmy know me, though? And what will he do if he does?

They have already intersected in a way, but Dany just watched two dwarves jousting whereas Tyrion saw a silver haired girl, wearing a tokar.

I don't think that their next meeting will be similar. I believe that they will meet, under different circumstances but Tyrion will introduce himself as Hugor Hill or Yollo.

• 1 month later...

And that would be the other stupid thing she would do, which is nothing knew - when it comes to truth about the past, she behaves and thinks like an idiot!

Towards the end of the book, Danerys probably will get back to her people. And she will be presented with Tyrion. She will sentence him to death by dragon. He will survive and fly a nose-less Viserion.

What is Tyrion good at?

The Game of Thrones of course. Reading people. Making friends and spotting enemies. Using his goddam brain, which is what Dany stubbornly refused to do the entire time in Meereen. When she comes back, she will be welcomed by the new Meereneese overlord - Tyrion - presenting her the Harpy in chains and slaver heads - something she was unable to accomplish. He will have it under control in a single chapter, mark my words. Just like in Lannisport when he was in charge of all the drains and sewers, the mess will be cleaned.

What will Dany do?

Well she cant be in Meereen forever, Westeros awaits! So after some angry arguments, she will find out that he is actually useful and witty guy (and he killed Tywin, so that must be a bonus point). He will give her Dragons 101, and up-to-date Westeros news, his suspicions about Faegon ..., and she'll let him live.

What next?

He will stay to take care of Meereen and be Danys' Essosi governor, I doubt that he would want to return to Westeros again (immediately, at least). So, he will either become less important POV from now, having only a few chapters about raising turtles of finding where do whores go, AND/OR Dany will leave him some army and missions to accomplish. I think that Dany will have to go to Westeros ASAP, so he will deal with Volantis (he knows it there already, right?), either just to neutralize the danger they pose, or even better, to have them support Dany.

His ultimate fate?

It may be a little crackpot, but I think Cersei will hear that a dwarf is in charge of Meereen and send a faceless man (ehm... woman) to kill him. It will happen just after he is rejoined with his lost wife. I think he will die in the next book.

• 3 weeks later...

What is Tyrion good at?

The Game of Thrones of course. Reading people. Making friends and spotting enemies. Using his goddam brain, which is what Dany stubbornly refused to do the entire time in Meereen. When she comes back, she will be welcomed by the new Meereneese overlord - Tyrion - presenting her the Harpy in chains and slaver heads - something she was unable to accomplish. He will have it under control in a single chapter, mark my words. Just like in Lannisport when he was in charge of all the drains and sewers, the mess will be cleaned.

What will Dany do?

Well she cant be in Meereen forever, Westeros awaits! So after some angry arguments, she will find out that he is actually useful and witty guy (and he killed Tywin, so that must be a bonus point). He will give her Dragons 101, and up-to-date Westeros news, his suspicions about Faegon ..., and she'll let him live.

What next?

He will stay to take care of Meereen and be Danys' Essosi governor, I doubt that he would want to return to Westeros again (immediately, at least). So, he will either become less important POV from now, having only a few chapters about raising turtles of finding where do whores go, AND/OR Dany will leave him some army and missions to accomplish. I think that Dany will have to go to Westeros ASAP, so he will deal with Volantis (he knows it there already, right?), either just to neutralize the danger they pose, or even better, to have them support Dany.

His ultimate fate?

It may be a little crackpot, but I think Cersei will hear that a dwarf is in charge of Meereen and send a faceless man (ehm... woman) to kill him. It will happen just after he is rejoined with his lost wife. I think he will die in the next book.

Please God no. The only thing I want to happen to Mereen is for it to burn to the ground. Hopefully as soon as the battle is over everybody leaves a destroyed Mereen and the city is never talked about or thought about again.

I dunno, I think Tyrion's going to start setting up some dominoes to fall within the Second Sons so he doesn't have to make good on all those promissory notes. It's possible that if Barristan survives the upcoming battle that Tyrion may be able to reveal himself. Certainly selling himself to Barristan would be easier than showing up to Dany directly as the brother of her father's murderer and the son of the man who had her mother and siblings killed.

I think I recall GRRM mentioning in an interview that Dany and Tyrion's paths would indirectly cross, so him setting up shop in Mereen and cleaning house, maybe even convincing Barristan to mobilize Dany's forces in her absence to follow (f)Aegon could be in the works.

Archived