Blaming the Starks!

lyannaisalive

I am not entirely sure about that. Armies have fought in winter conditions, and it is possible. Difficult yes, but to say that nobody can is just not accurate. If anything, the unsullied are not physically prepared, and their gear is not proper for the conditions which will be a huge disadvantage. Then Northerners are better dressed for the climate, and even if it kills many of the northerners, they will still be able to last longer unless Dany refits her army. They still have to make it across the sea without sustaining significant casualties. I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that Dany is going to need a Westerosi army to succeed, and it may be better for her to leave her unsullied in Mareen to watch over the city there. Obviously she isn't going to walk away from her army without the guarantee of another, but I don't see the unsullied doing very well in Westeros.

But a final point that should be obvious. The armies of Westeros are fighting in winter regardless of what anyone thinks. Martin isn't going to have several books of hibernation until Spring comes. They will fight, and as it stands those in the North are better prepared to withstand inclement weather. They will be hindered by the cold as any, but they are better prepared to fight during the cold. Even the slightest advantages can instrumental in the end result.

Im not just talking winter conditions im talking during winter IN THE NORTH. There is a reason the North was the only kingdom that remained independent until they bent the knee to Aegon and his dragons. The north is a frozen tundra and I have a very hard time seeing any army from places such as the westerlands or the reach (knights of summer.......) having any success in the north. Winter is much very different in the north than in the south.

Disagree. Ned still rebelled and helped Robert win his war, regardless of the circumstances. She has reason enough to hate him and House Stark. Do I think she should go after Ned's children? No. Should she ever let them rule the North? Nope

People who say she should forgive the Starks would never do so in her position

well then she will rule for about as long as joffrey...a good ruler knows when to forgive someone for past transgressions. if she cant do that than she doesnt deserve the IT

If Rickon becomes the King in the North and Dany first sees him riding Shaggy, there's a good chance that she might change her House words to Fire and Hugs, because that would be absolutely adorable.

Hugging Rickon/Shaggy could also get Dany's throat torn out, so...Fire and Hugs may not be a good idea.

Im not just talking winter conditions im talking during winter IN THE NORTH. There is a reason the North was the only kingdom that remained independent until they bent the knee to Aegon and his dragons. The north is a frozen tundra and I have a very hard time seeing any army from places such as the westerlands or the reach (knights of summer.......) having any success in the north. Winter is much very different in the north than in the south.

Yea and that reason is they happened to be the last one he dealt with. Dorne held out far longer than them anyways.

Yea and that reason is they happened to be the last one he dealt with. Dorne held out far longer than them anyways.

1. I dont see how being the last one to be dealt with has anything to do with armies in the north, Tohrenn didn't even meet Aegon in the north he marched south and met him at the trident then bent the knee.

2. And you are forgetting about the invasions of the Andals, the North was the only kingdom to withstand that invasion and did so until Aegon arrived hundreds of years later.

3. I do agree about Dorne but it just goes to show that Dorne is a different (cant think of the right word, climate?, landscape?) and that's a big reason they remained independent for so long because of the harsh deserts.It would be the same in the North. I just think its misguided to say Danys army would be just fine in the north, no army would do just fine in the north. Look at Stannis, half his army is freezing and dying because of the harsh northern weather and grounds but half isn't because they are all northmen which shows the northern army is much more acclimated to fighting in winter.

Archived