TWOW - 2015 release date

jaimereborn

I'm confused, and do correct me if I'm wrong.

But wasn't 2015 one of the sure bets already? Seem to recall people psyking up about a 2014 release, though that ship has obviously sailed a while back. Now it's 2015 that's the "too good to be true" deadline? I always thought of 2015 as the year he couldn't possibly be later than.

I always thought of 2015 as the year he couldn't possibly be later than.

There is no such thing. When the book is done, it will be published, that's the only thing we can really say for sure.

Well, maybe not blogging frees up more time for writing on the book. ;D /crosses fingers

Sadly, I think the reason we haven't seen anything since then is because he's been in France/Sweeden since then. :( Little hope that he's been working on Winds in that time...

Well, maybe not blogging frees up more time for writing on the book. ;D /crosses fingers

That is how I choose to see it. :)

I'm confused, and do correct me if I'm wrong.

But wasn't 2015 one of the sure bets already? Seem to recall people psyking up about a 2014 release, though that ship has obviously sailed a while back. Now it's 2015 that's the "too good to be true" deadline? I always thought of 2015 as the year he couldn't possibly be later than.

Lately I've been hearing 2017 and that he has 400 of 1,500 planned pages submitted and etc.

That is how I choose to see it. :)

Lately I've been hearing 2017 and that he has 400 of 1,500 planned pages submitted and etc.

pretty sure he had 400 pages almost done in like 2012... he will have come a fair way since then!

from the wikipedia - 'By October 2012, 400 pages of the sixth novel had been written, although Martin considers only the first 200 as "really finished"'

i found the most recent comment from the editor to be very encouraging: "George is hard at work, and we hope to have it reasonably soon"

next year seems like a good bet to me. will be awesome marketing for season 5 too and will allay some fears about show outpacing books etc for the time being

Until I see on George RR Martin's website a confirmed release date I will take any other release date with a grain of salt. If George wants the books to stay pace with the show Winds better be out sometime next year or early 2016 though.

Trying to imagine what it'll be like around Westeros.org when TWOW is released. I was not on the boards when ADWD came out. Will it be silent as the the grave, or frenzied activity (read then post, read then post!)?

pretty sure he had 400 pages almost done in like 2012... he will have come a fair way since then!

from the wikipedia - 'By October 2012, 400 pages of the sixth novel had been written, although Martin considers only the first 200 as "really finished"'

i found the most recent comment from the editor to be very encouraging: "George is hard at work, and we hope to have it reasonably soon"

next year seems like a good bet to me. will be awesome marketing for season 5 too and will allay some fears about show outpacing books etc for the time being

Manuscript pages aren't the same as real pages. Storm of Swords was like 1,500 manuscript pages and 1,100 real pages.

And 704 pages isn't an outlandishly short length, especially if GRRM decides to go to 8 books. After all, A Game of Thrones was 835 pages and Clash of Kings was 784 pages. If the final two books were supposed to be 1,000 pages apiece then splitting them into 3 gives us about 700 pages.

Not that I buy this, of course, but don't confuse manuscript pages vs. actual pages and don't discount it because of the 704 count either.

Trying to imagine what it'll be like around Westeros.org when TWOW is released. I was not on the boards when ADWD came out. Will it be silent as the the grave, or frenzied activity (read then post, read then post!)?

All I know is, I'm resolving to stay off the boards till I've actually read the damn thing. When ADWD came out, I had to wait like a week to read it (was broke, borrowed friend's copy but she obviously wanted to read it first) and spoiled every single plot point for myself before reading. :rofl:

Isn't George travelling at the moment? I seem to recall him still exploring Europe, but maybe that is wrong.

Archived