Female thor announced on the view?

Starkfaithful85

Okay I am all for creating super hero characters for women to relate to, but a female Thor? Of all of the character in the marvel universe, except maybe wolverine mainly Bc wolverine is just a plain badass, he has always appeared to me to be the one of the most masculine heros. Am I wrong in thinking this? There are so many great superhero characters that are female: ms marvel, invisible woman, she-hulk, rogue, jean grey, psylocke...Marvel has storm, who has the ability to manipulate the weather. Why would they change thor? Thor has always been one of my fav characters...his overly developed chivalry has always been entertaining to me.

Keep in mind that the inscription on mjolnir reads, "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-thor-will-be-a-718648

I think it's an interesting new spin on it, but they're probably doing it for all of the wrong reasons.

It's like with the reboot of Spiderman, they made him mixed race (Hispanic/Black I think). Again I think it's a great new spin on it, but It's their motives I'm not too clear on.

For me it would be much better to create new superheroes, rather than try to cater to all races/religions/genders with existing superheroes.

It's like with the reboot of Spiderman, they made him mixed race (Hispanic/Black I think). Again I think it's a great new spin on it, but It's their motives I'm not too clear on.

That's Ultimate Spider-Man, not regular Spider-Man.

Also, they have Frog Thor. I don't think Lady Thor is all that crazy.

I think it's an interesting new spin on it, but they're probably doing it for all of the wrong reasons.

For me it would be much better to create new superheroes, rather than try to cater to all races/religions/genders with existing superheroes.

What exactly is unclear about their motives? So..you liked the spin but the motives were suspect because it was Spider-man? I've seen this argument before and it wasn't convincing then.

What exactly is unclear about their motives? So..you liked the spin but the motives were suspect because it was Spider-man? I've seen this argument before and it wasn't convincing then.

Not necessarily because it was Spider-man and I'm not really putting forth an argument, I'd just rather see fresh ideas in the form of new superheroes rather than rebooting old ones.

I'd much rather they pushed one of their existing women heroes or invented a new one if they really must, but I think they really want a Wonder Woman and Thor is basically their equivalent of WW in a lot of other respects anyway, so...

I know there's previous for this sort of thing in Thor, with Loki, but it feels a bit of a gimmicky, awkward thing, designed to draw attention to the good use and presence of women in the Marvel Universe rather than actually doing something solid to push that presence. Does anyone think it'll last? I'd much rather see more attention drawn to Scarlet Witch's involvement and more time given to Black Widow (both of which would make marketing sense in the run up to Avengers 2, as well), and perhaps more emphasis placed on the likes of Storm and others. I haven't been paying much attention to Marvel (or comics at all really) recently, but I gather they've been pushing Carol Danvers a bit? Do more of that.

Not a reboot. There was Peter Parker in Ultimate Universe, he died, then Hispanic-Black boy with similar gained powers take his part. I assume She-Thor will be simmilar situation.

The kind of reactionary disposition someone has to have to be upset by a thing like this, it shocks the mind.

Absolutely shocking considering that really large, maybe even majority of human population are reactionist more or less. Unbelievable.

Also, they have Frog Thor. I don't think Lady Thor is all that crazy.

"Every frog worth of this hammer will weild the power of Thoad".

I'd much rather they pushed one of their existing women heroes or invented a new one if they really must, but I think they really want a Wonder Woman and Thor is basically their equivalent of WW in a lot of other respects anyway, so...

They could always used this Wonder Women dark version from Squadron Superme.

Archived