Female thor announced on the view?

Starkfaithful85

I would point out that this character is not the original Thor with a sex change, but instead a woman who was found worthy to lift Mjolnir. Other people picking it up has happened before with Jane Foster, Brunhilde, Beta Ray Bill and Eric Masterson. Even Storm picked up the hammer once. Thus, this is nothing new at all and in fact, rather old hat. As I said elsewhere, an actual sex change would have been far more interesting.

Just a gimmick. Thor is back in testosterone mode in six months. Pretty sad that they feel they have resort to this to get sales for a female superhero though. Both Valkyrie and Sif fills the female Thor slot already and are interesting characters in their own right.

I guess the fact that it has its own thread proves why Marvel have done it. I'm amazed it's actually newsworthy. Disney and Marvel know how to pull the strings of the media.

Like I said in the comic forum it's hardly worth bothering - they always return characters to their status quo for a movie (even the ones they don't own in movie form). Hemswoth is Thor in Avengers 2 in April so the comic counterpart will be a big blonde male at that point too. Along with the black captain america and evil Iron man that's just been announced. It's a very temporary gimmick. But it has worked.

I guess the fact that it has its own thread proves why Marvel have done it. I'm amazed it's actually newsworthy. Disney and Marvel know how to pull the strings of the media.

Now, a male Disney princess. That would be something.

...why?

Apparently it was recently announced that Thor and Loki have a previously unknown sister (which is how they've incorporated Angela, the character Neil Gaiman liberated from that tit Todd McFarlane into the mythos), so if it turns out to be her that kinda makes sense.

Haven't stuff like this gotten a fairly big news treatment for years? I remember there was quite a lot in the news when Captain America got bumped off.

Haven't stuff like this gotten a fairly big news treatment for years? I remember there was quite a lot in the news when Captain America got bumped off.

That's partly why it surprises me - Marvel pulls this stuff annually and they always revert back. You'd think the journalists would be skeptical of such changes by now. Then again it fills space and most people don't care enough for a follow up anyhow.

That's partly why it surprises me - Marvel pulls this stuff annually and they always revert back. You'd think the journalists would be skeptical of such changes by now. Then again it fills space and most people don't care enough for a follow up anyhow.

Well, it's never in the news when they come back.

Well, it's never in the news when they come back.

win. win for marvel.

One of Marvel's editors is betting $100 the characters don't revert back in time for the movie. I'm guessing it happens the month after or they simply have both versions running around,

Boring, don't like it. Do like they idea of Thor having a sister though, yet to be revealed, but not the idea of axing the great Thor character and changing him into a female for the foreseeable future. Come on. Much rather they'd expand the cast than do that.

Boring, don't like it. Do like they idea of Thor having a sister though, yet to be revealed, but not the idea of axing the great Thor character and changing him into a female for the foreseeable future. Come on. Much rather they'd expand the cast than do that.

Thor's not getting a sex-change (although, that wouldn't be unheard of in Norse mythology—he was disguised as a woman at one point), he's had a falling out with his hammer, no longer worthy to pick it up for some reason. This new female Thor; however, has been found worthy to pick it up. Thor Odinson isn't going anywhere either, he'll still be part of the Avengers, carrying a battle ax.

Thor's not getting a sex-change (although, that wouldn't be unheard of in Norse mythology—he was disguised as a woman at one point), he's had a falling out with his hammer, no longer worthy to pick it up for some reason. This new female Thor; however, has been found worthy to pick it up. Thor Odinson isn't going anywhere either, he'll still be part of the Avengers, carrying a battle ax.

So how the fall out between him and the Hammer occurs, is yet to be shown? In what comic will that be shown then?

Is this change scheduled to occur this year already?

So how the fall out between him and the Hammer occurs, is yet to be shown? In what comic will that be shown then?

Is this change scheduled to occur this year already?

That's what I understand. Falcon's also going to be the new Captain America, Wolverine's going to die, and Iron Man is apparently going to be slightly evil.

Archived