The Fall (TV series)

AncalagonTheBlack

Oh yeah, I caught that bit with the female detective but I figured she must have a particular reason for picking the young male guy too. I mean, she could have had any of her team arrest him to avoid showing up herself (which is definitely the right decision). Well, maybe it'll be pointed out in the last episode.

Oh yeah, I caught that bit with the female detective but I figured she must have a particular reason for picking the young male guy too. I mean, she could have had any of her team arrest him to avoid showing up herself (which is definitely the right decision). Well, maybe it'll be pointed out in the last episode.

I'd guess that she doesn't have a lot of confidence in the people already on her team. Also the new guy is a DS so maybe a bit more experinced than her other team memebers.

I'd guess that she doesn't have a lot of confidence in the people already on her team. Also the new guy is a DS so maybe a bit more experinced than her other team memebers.

I think it's also pretty clear she likes attractive men at hand. They made a point of the other policemen rolling his eyes when she asked for him.

I think it's also pretty clear she likes attractive men at hand. They made a point of the other policemen rolling his eyes when she asked for him.

Yeah, and the whole lying about him wearing a mask when they met and not seeing his face.

Was that a finale? I thought this was going to be the finale, but it felt like a deliberate cliffhanger to me! Anyone else? Argh, just tell us how it ends!!

That was a really abrupt ending. As a finale it really didn't satisfy as an end to the whole story... Was that the finale or not?? If it was, then damn that was some bad editing.

suspension of disbelief is one thing, but that finale made no sense

In what way? It's pretty awful as an ending of a season (so was the first season) but I'm not sure that the events were utterly unreasonable. Although the journalist/thug knowing exactly where they'd be based on the tip off was convenient.

I just don't see how they'd spin out another season from this point and it still feels as if Spector is defeated rather than him having some game plan. I really can't see how, after confessing, he'd remain out of prison as surely it's perverting justice if this is a "ruse"?

If that's what doesn't make sense I'm inclined to agree.

I did like Spector's dissection of Stella as someone who hates men - not that she has any reason not to.

1) How did the wife beater's friend happen upon the battered women's home? Just coincidence?

2) Why did the show go through all that effort to show Spector destroying hard drives and escaping the police to dump a laptop? But he has all sorts of incriminating evidence right on his phone that he made no effort to delete?

3) The sideplot of Jim confessing to Stella while Spector was in the closet. What was the point of that? It went nowhere.

1) How did the wife beater's friend happen upon the battered women's home? Just coincidence?

2) Why did the show go through all that effort to show Spector destroying hard drives and escaping the police to dump a laptop? But he has all sorts of incriminating evidence right on his phone that he made no effort to delete?

3) The sideplot of Jim confessing to Stella while Spector was in the closet. What was the point of that? It went nowhere.

1) co-incidence it happened at that point in the plot but I was strongly of the impression the guy and his gang were on the lookout for her.

2) This is the part that I find hard to swallow too. It had me thinking he was playing a bigger game but from what we've seen he's up shit creek without a paddle as far as not being convicted is concerned.

3) I think it was largely to show that there is a large spectrum of men who treat women as targets/objects. I was/am hoping Spector was there so he could use the fact they were on to him to his advantage - although point 2 has me non-plussed.

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this show but yea, point 2 above really bothers me. I thought there was some larger game plan but really, just seems like he's an idiot. So careful for so long, destroys everything then leaves all sorts of shit on his phone that's in his possession? Did he think he wouldn't get caught? I don't know. That was dumb.

Other than that, still love the creepy factor of the show. It it's really compelling.

I'm about to start this. How good is it?

Do you mean you're starting right at the beginning? Series 1 and series 2 are both brilliant. Just make sure you don't read any more of this thread until you've seen every episode to avoid spoilers. Also if you are watching long after the show's been broadcast then you have the advantage of being able to manage your expectations somewhat compared to those of us who were watching as soon as it came out: Firstly, don't expect any resolution at the end of the first series. Second, don't expect any resolution at the end of the second series either. It's one long ongoing story which (I think) is being split over 3 separate series rather than just one series per story, which I think a lot of us were expecting. I don't want to say anything else at this point, but come back here when you've finished!

Do you mean you're starting right at the beginning? Series 1 and series 2 are both brilliant. Just make sure you don't read any more of this thread until you've seen every episode to avoid spoilers. Also if you are watching long after the show's been broadcast then you have the advantage of being able to manage your expectations somewhat compared to those of us who were watching as soon as it came out: Firstly, don't expect any resolution at the end of the first series. Second, don't expect any resolution at the end of the second series either. It's one long ongoing story which (I think) is being split over 3 separate series rather than just one series per story, which I think a lot of us were expecting. I don't want to say anything else at this point, but come back here when you've finished!

Ok thanks. I watched the first episode the other night and about half of the second episode. I'm going to watch more this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished it and thought the series was great. Any other shows like this you'd recommend? Has a third season been confirmed?

If you want an OTT version there's Hannibal.

If it's more BBC style shows though not necessarily about serial killers I'd strongly reccomend "in the line of duty" (internal affairs cop show) and "the missing" (mystery about a missing child).

If you want an OTT version there's Hannibal.

If it's more BBC style shows though not necessarily about serial killers I'd strongly reccomend "in the line of duty" (internal affairs cop show) and "the missing" (mystery about a missing child).

I've watched both seasons of Hannibal and I've watched The Missing. Loved both of them. I'm also caught up in Broadchurch. I'll check out In the Line of Duty.

Just finished it and thought the series was great. Any other shows like this you'd recommend? Has a third season been confirmed?

Something similar... Erm, erm... Dexter?? Or should I take it you've already seen that, seeing how it finished years ago? Well anyway Dexter is sitll awesome, especially the first series, so always worth a re-watch.

What did you think of the series 2 ending then??? (The Fall I mean) Did you think they left it on a cliffhanger, or do you think that's supposed to be the end of the whole thing? None of us can work out what they could actually do to make a third series worthwhile, but it did end very abruptly / cliffhangery no?

I've watched both seasons of Hannibal and I've watched The Missing. Loved both of them. I'm also caught up in Broadchurch. I'll check out In the Line of Duty.

It doesn't revolve around a killer but it's of high quality like the others. The Shadow line was another strong BBC outing from a few years back. Utopia is another UK show that punches above its weight but it's more of a conspiracy show.

Something similar... Erm, erm... Dexter?? Or should I take it you've already seen that, seeing how it finished years ago? Well anyway Dexter is sitll awesome, especially the first series, so always worth a re-watch.

Dexter is tricky because of the fact it gets really bad and ends terribly. If you can avoid watching beyond season 4, then go for it. TBH I thought there were problems turning up in season 3 but 4 is very strong.

I also thought of another show worth checking if you like shows focusing on a villain and someone trying to catch them. Death Note - the anime. It's excellent and while the last third isn't as strong it's still a very well thought out game of cat and mouse.

What did you think of the series 2 ending then??? (The Fall I mean) Did you think they left it on a cliffhanger, or do you think that's supposed to be the end of the whole thing? None of us can work out what they could actually do to make a third series worthwhile, but it did end very abruptly / cliffhangery no?

Yeah I've watched all of Dexter. As for The Fall season 2 ending...that can't be the series finale. That's what i thought at least.

Archived