When someone has 15 items in the 10 item only lane...

Ser Scot A Ellison

Every item that must be scanned separately counts as it's own item. So a 12 pack is one item because it only takes the cashier one swipe to ring it up. Twelve individual bottles of wine are 12 separate items.

This is one of my pet peeves. If your with in a few items, fine what ever, but some people just really abuse the system. This is especially true of the store nearest my house that always has long lines. There's always one guy who seems to not see the "10 items and under" sign and has a whole freak'n cart full of stuff. I have only said something once, it didn't help and I felt like an ass after words. Truly first world problems, but still annoying.

I freely recognize that this is quite the "first world problem"'. It's just an irritant that if you complain about it in person makes you the asshole.

:(

Well, it shows the others are inconsiderate. Today, I just wanted to buy one single stuff and go home. But nooooo... other people before me wanted to pay their bills there, make use of their coupons and blah.

Generally agree that this should be a murderable offense. However, I have been in situations where I was waiting patiently with a full cart of items in a regular lane and then was flagged over to the express lane. I would hate to be murdered in such a situation.

That doesn't get me too peeved, though I don't go to the supermarket all that often.

However, I do often think "get the fuck outta my way" when I'm there because apparently people forget how to walk correctly. And carts just make it worse.

Usually it's the checking out and paying part not scanning that takes the longest, 15 or even 25 items is probably not going to make the line run a lot slower with an experienced cashier if the customer isn't using coupons or WIC (and anyone complaining about people using WIC is really an asshole). I often find that the line with less people in it is usually faster even if those people have full carts.

Archived