Jaime never mentions Bran!?

MikeMartell

I just think its strange Jaime never mentions anything about pushing Bran out of a window. Like he's quick enough to tell Brienne about he had to kill the king to save King Landing. And that's how he justifies it to himself. Well how does he justify pushing a child out a window?

Is he just not too bothered that he did this? Forgiven himself for it, but killing the king still haunts him?

I'm sure killing a child is no more honourable than killing a king you are sworn to protect. Especially considering that he violated the guest rights of the Stark's, attempting to kill one of them under their own roof.

This is one of those things that keeps me hating Jaime. Whenever he thinks about his honor and all that he seems to only be concerned with what he's done that everyone knows about, like the killing of the king, but he doesn't seem concerned with the fact that he was banging the Queen of a king he was sworn to protect while under a vow of celibacy or crippling a boy by pushing him out a window.

By "referencing" do you mean telling other people or thinking about it in his pov?

In AFFC I think he mentions how he'd do anything for cersei back then as killing arya if he got there first.

He doesnt remember since BR controlled his body during 2sec to push Bran then left right away. There was an abnormal number of bird around that tower and BR may have needed Bran in a coma to be able to talk with him in his sleep.

Or Jaime just was never asked so he never talked about it. When you killed dozens of ppl , who wants to remember their own failures to kill a 8year old.

I don't care for Bran. His storyline bores me to tears. So while it was wrong for Jaime to have pushed him out the window, meh who cares. I wish Bran had died and Robb had lived

I don't hate Bran. I just get so bored when the story goes to his sub-plot

Because it's not a defining moment of his life? It is for Bran, for obvious reasons, and for many readers, because it's almost literally the first thing Jaime does when he appears. But it's really myopic that so many people see this as his "worst thing ever", and that they tie success or failure of "redemption" to it. The man killed probably hundreds of people in his life, some of them no doubt little older than Bran. And you can object to it all you want, at this moment it was a not unreasonable thing to do - what Bran saw jeopardized the life of Jaime, Cersei, and their three children.

Killing Aerys, on the other hand, was the most formative moment of his life. He himself considers it his greatest deed, and literally everyone else considers him a disreputable monster because of it. And in the scene you referenced, Brienne is the one bringing the kingslaying up.

Yeah I agree with the above where it's just not a huge deal for him. He mentioned he feels bad about it and all but what can he do about it.now, as far as the world's concerned bran is dead. Moreover I don't think Jaimies trying to make up for past misdeeds as much as just putting them behind him and trying to be better.

Jaime has never admitted to anyone other than Illyn Payne about his affair with Cersie. He does slip up in front of Tom O'Sevens in Riverrun though and says a little, little bit too much. So, Jaime is still guarded in regards to the twincest because his kids Tommen and Marcylla's sake I think although he does not see to think of his daughter at all

I suppose Jaime is now trying to "heal" and redeem the mistakes he has committed related to Cersei and his honour. At some point he might face Bran and the Starks.

No one knows about what he did, but everybody knows about the "Kingslayer", and he does mind because it wasn't some simple action based on ambition or betrayal: he did tried to save the city. Then, there is Riverrun and the Tullys: his main concern now is trying to honour the promise he made Catelyn and not hurt them. It hasn't yet come the time when he has faced his actions towards Bran, but it will now that he's going to meet Lady Stoneheart and she knows.

There is the scene in the Riverrun cell with Cat where he talks about everything: Incest, Bran and Aerys (minus wildfire). [ aCoK - CatelynVII ]

One of my favourite chapters in the books.

For the most part he is sober, but at the end the wine gets to him, and just like Cersei, he is extra entertaining when drunk.

He mentions Bran a few times, notably when he says basically it serves him right for getting his hand cut off. Catelyn said, "yours was the hand that threw him" and then Jaime said he lost "the hand that flung the Stark boy from that tower".

He mentions Bran a few times, notably when he says basically it serves him right for getting his hand cut off. Catelyn said, "yours was the hand that threw him" and then Jaime said he lost "the hand that flung the Stark boy from that tower".

It would be very Jaime-like to conclude they're even.

Archived