Yara in Season Five (Book Spoilers)

^In fairness to them, Cogman said they had a bigger budget fight and escape in mind but had to cut it last minute because of money reasons. I liked the fight itself but yes, running from the dogs seemed a bit goofy. At least Allen, Whelan and Rheon were on point in the scene.

My prediction for season 5 and 6 from another thread:

snapback.png

Going off the last two seasons I'm expecting Yara's scenes to be:

S05. E10 - Reads letter that Balon is dead and Euron sits the Seastone Chair. Makes a big speech about taking the fastest ship back to Pyke.

S06. E07 - re-narrates the exact speech from 8 episodes back. Arrives, makes a claim, Horn blows, loses, runs back to ship.

Then I got dogs abuse off some mentalist because I was critising the show and D&D.

Hopefully we'll get something more meaty next year but I really can't see much Ironborn things this season, but I think there will be in season 6. Somebody posted that they went on the tour in Northern Ireland and when they where at Ballintoy Harbour (Lordsport from S2) the guide said the beech on the other side of the harbour is going to be used for the Kings Moot. Take that with a pinch of salt but if so its more likely to happen sooner rather than later.

Another thing. Someone already said, that D&D doesn't really care about the IB. I really can't say anything about that, until we know what their plans are regarding the Greyjoys (based on the casting news up to this date, they don't, but I am still hopeful we will get some good news).
However, the thing I am very frustrated about is that WiC.net also doesn't give a SINGLE F*CK about them (despite that Euron and Victarion are also huge fan favorites), although they were already writing essays about the importance of Dorne like three years ago. It's just not fair.

^In fairness to them, Cogman said they had a bigger budget fight and escape in mind but had to cut it last minute because of money reasons. I liked the fight itself but yes, running from the dogs seemed a bit goofy. At least Allen, Whelan and Rheon were on point in the scene.

I read that about the budget, it's hard to believe, HBO , at this late date, opening up the purse, that did not not look to be an expensive scene.

Frankly I think they shot a totally different sequence , then when the controversy over episode 3 lead to a last min. re-edit of the sequence, which looked ham-handed to me.

Some naughty happened that was edited out.

D&D don't much care for the Ironborn so Asha (oops, I mean Yara)

When I saw this thread for a second I actually wondered, "Who is Yara"?

She might still end up crossing paths with Stannis, just in a different way. They could run into her somewhere north as she's heading back to Pyke, and take her captive. I guess it all depends on her role in GRRM's super-secret end game.

:o

When was this said??? I'm really excited if it's true. Here's hoping against all odds that they make Stannis the true badass he was during Dance.

They said there will be more, not better Stannis, for all we know they could still make him the ultimate villain and force us to root for the Bolton's instead :P

Back on topic.

I think (hope) there will be some sort of kingsmoot, and after losing, she will willingly join Stannis. It is the best scenario I could think after season 4.

The Ironborns are really low in D&D priorities, so I don't expect to see more than 4 episodes in total for all the Greyjoys other than Theon/Reek.

I think (hope) there will be some sort of kingsmoot, and after losing, she will willingly join Stannis. It is the best scenario I could think after season 4.

The Ironborns are really low in D&D priorities, so I don't expect to see more than 4 episodes in total for all the Greyjoys other than Theon/Reek.

If seasons 3 and 4 had of followed the narrative of Storm they would have not been a single Greyjoy to be seen!

They are totally gone ...

So we get Theon, not on the page, and one episode in season 3 of Balon and Yara/Asha, and one in season 4 of Yara/Asha , when there should have been none.

I don't know what to think about the Greyjoy situation.

If seasons 3 and 4 had of followed the narrative of Storm they would have not been a single Greyjoy to be seen!

They are totally gone ...

So we get Theon, not on the page, and one episode in season 3 of Balon and Yara/Asha, and one in season 4 of Yara/Asha , when there should have been none.

I don't know what to think about the Greyjoy situation.

Yes and no... there is no Greyjoy POV in ASOS, but all the characters from other storylines are constantly reminding us that the Ironborn had taken half the North. In the show the Lannisters barely mention them, Robb never seems to care about the fact he lost the North (instead of trying to take Moat Cailin again, his last plan was a suicide attempt on Casterly Rock), the reason the northern lords can't help the NW is because of the intern fights, etc.

Also, if Theon is already in ADWD, it makes sense to think Asha/Yara should be in AFFC by now :dunno:

I am one of those who still does not find it at all impossible that yara would sail to find Dany, sent possibly by Balon? Having already tried & given up on rescuing Theon, joining up with Stannis seems to not make much sense from a story perspective, her interactions with Theon being key to her presence there being interesting.

It is odd to think of (Asha)/Yara taking Victarion's place, seems it would mean never returning to Pyke again.

It has been mentioned that Dany has the Meereenise fleet now. I can't remember it in the books, but if Meereen is on the sea why does it not have a fleet? A big one. After all Meereen is the biggest and most wealthy city on Slavers Bay.

Still I would like to see the Iron Fleet get into the big battle.

Archived