The Dornish masterplan true...ish?

There's a crazy theory that many of you have seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TBfdd_xNVo

Actually it's more like thirty theories. Some of it makes sense, most of it doesn't, but all of it's interesting.

There was one aspect of it that intrigued me, though. If we can roughly describe the Dornish endgame as "Get a Martell on the Iron Throne", as opposed to "Get revenge on Tywin Lannister", then it's possible that such schemes may have been in place prior to Robert's Rebellion.

(I hope I'm not rehashing something that was in the videos, but I don't think this was mentioned.)

It may have started with Doran's parents, and his sister's marriage to Rhaegar.

Before he fights the Mountain, Oberyn describes to Tyrion how their mothers had a plan to wed their children to each other, Cersei to Oberyn, Jaime to Elia. When Tyrion's mother died, Tywin could not be persuaded, and stated his intent to see Cersei wed to Rhaegar.

"Well, Prince Rhaegar married Elia of Dorne, not Cersei Lannister of Casterly Rock. So it would seem your mother won that tilt." [said Tyrion.]

"She thought so," Prince Oberyn agreed...

Does this mean that Oberyn's parents worked behind the scenes to persuade Aerys to wed Rhaegar to Elia?

As far as we know, Aerys spurned Cersei to spite Tywin, in the face of whisperings that Tywin was the true power and Aerys a puppet. Were the Dornish behind those whispers?

Did those Dornish schemes to undermine Tywin tie in at all with the southron ambitions of any other houses?

Were those ambitions spurred on by the maesters of the Citadel, who may have been friendly with the Martells of Dorne?

And does this mean Ned is still alive?

There's a crazy theory that many of you have seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TBfdd_xNVo

Actually it's more like thirty theories. Some of it makes sense, most of it doesn't, but all of it's interesting.

There was one aspect of it that intrigued me, though. If we can roughly describe the Dornish endgame as "Get a Martell on the Iron Throne", as opposed to "Get revenge on Tywin Lannister", then it's possible that such schemes may have been in place prior to Robert's Rebellion.

(I hope I'm not rehashing something that was in the videos, but I don't think this was mentioned.)

It may have started with Doran's parents, and his sister's marriage to Rhaegar.

Before he fights the Mountain, Oberyn describes to Tyrion how their mothers had a plan to wed their children to each other, Cersei to Oberyn, Jaime to Elia. When Tyrion's mother died, Tywin could not be persuaded, and stated his intent to see Cersei wed to Rhaegar.

Does this mean that Oberyn's parents worked behind the scenes to persuade Aerys to wed Rhaegar to Elia?

As far as we know, Aerys spurned Cersei to spite Tywin, in the face of whisperings that Tywin was the true power and Aerys a puppet. Were the Dornish behind those whispers?

Did those Dornish schemes to undermine Tywin tie in at all with the southron ambitions of any other houses?

Were those ambitions spurred on by the maesters of the Citadel, who may have been friendly with the Martells of Dorne?

And does this mean Ned is still alive?

The videos are informative but it seems to try to persuade us that no plot is coincidence but planned to an insane detail.

A servant of Tywin got his tounge ripped out for saying that Tywin truly ruled, I think it was just a truthful observation.

How does that mean that Ned is still alive?

Interesting videos

One thing between this and the GNC which also raises some good points is that it delves into this notion some people can't escape that there is some kind of single actor controlling almost every minute detail of what occurs

When in reality this is a game of competing agenda's, so while there is a generally uniform groundswell of pro-Stark opinion in the north, I don't think all the northern lords are in a co-ordinated league with eachother

Similarly in this case, Doran probably has some contingency plans etc, but he will be smart enough to hedge his bets

I found the bit with Free companies swapping sides in line with a Masterplan a bit tricky to follow, they'll basically base their allegiance on who looks like winning on the ground

Archived