Watch, Watched, Watching: You've probably never heard of it.

The past month or so has been an extremely slow one for me with regards to consuming media.

I plan to pick it up again with season 2 of House of Cards and a rewatch of Community.

The thing that confuses me, with regards to Community, is how most people aren't even aware of the shows existence.

I finished my long, slow rewatch of Babylon 5 awhile back. I think I enjoyed season 5 a bit more than usual this time. I still have a couple of the movies to watch - The Gathering is always quite funny with how much the makeup and costumes vary from what made it into the show, but seeing how much was foreshadowed makes me yearn for that level of commitment in sci-fi television today.

Episode 4 of The Leftovers was my last. Zero interesting characters or plot lines, or anything I actually care about means I'm out.

Masters of Sex season 2 has been great!

I'm planning to start my fifth viewing of The Wire quite soon. Really looking forward to it.

I'm currently watching Spartacus (only 4 episodes left :(), Tyrant, Extant, Gang Related, Dominion, Crossbones, Last Ship, Halt and Catch Fire, The Strain, and The Leftovers.

Shows that just had their finales that I was watching are 24, Salem, and The Night Shift.

I'm thinking about starting Rome after Spartacus, but I'm looking for some feedback on it.

Do it. Season 1 is phenomenal. Season 2 was good also but just not as great as season 1...either way I highly recommend.

Awesome, looking forward to it! I only have 4 episodes of Spartacus left and I have been looking for something to start after it. Continuing the Rome theme will be great. How is it compared to Spartacus?

I recently did a re-watch of the Before films, and Before Midnight is still probably my favorite of the lot. I like Sunrise, but I don't think much else in the series compares to the scene in the hotel in the last one. I don't think I'll get to watch Boyhood for a while, it's certainly not going to be playing at my local. A reviewer I generally agree with seemed to not like the movie at all, it's interesting as it's been fairly well reviewed so far.

I'm currently watching Spartacus (only 4 episodes left :(), Tyrant, Extant, Gang Related, Dominion, Crossbones, Last Ship, Halt and Catch Fire, The Strain, and The Leftovers.

Shows that just had their finales that I was watching are 24, Salem, and The Night Shift.

I'm thinking about starting Rome after Spartacus, but I'm looking for some feedback on it.

Rome is fucking amazing. Seriously. It's my favorite series that HBO has EVER produced.

Awesome, looking forward to it! I only have 4 episodes of Spartacus left and I have been looking for something to start after it. Continuing the Rome theme will be great. How is it compared to Spartacus?

Rome was amazing television. Spartacus was mindless entertainment. I liked both, but Rome was on another level.

Season 2 of Hemlock Grove is much better than the first. Only 2 episodes in, but I can already tell a big difference. I wonder if the writing team changed up between seasons or something.

The writing team DID change I think. It really is A LOT better.

I recently did a re-watch of the Before films, and Before Midnight is still probably my favorite of the lot. I like Sunrise, but I don't think much else in the series compares to the scene in the hotel in the last one. I don't think I'll get to watch Boyhood for a while, it's certainly not going to be playing at my local. A reviewer I generally agree with seemed to not like the movie at all, it's interesting as it's been fairly well reviewed so far.

Everything Linklater touches is gold. One of a few working directors who's trying (and succeeding) in doing something different, original and innovative. I'm a BIG fan of the Before trilogy, and even though I don't like romantic films so much, this three break my heart. They are so different from each other and yet, so similar, that you know he's speaking truly from his heart.

SPOILERS ahead: I don't know if you know this, but Before Sunrise was based on his own experience with another girl that he didn't meet again. Then Before Sunset was his experience in making the film to try and meet her again (in the 2nd film it's a book by Jesse that made that happen). And finally, when he was making the third filme, he discovered that that woman that he met 20ish years ago died some time after that special day in a motorcycle accident before any of the Before films got made.

Everything Linklater touches is gold. One of a few working directors who's trying (and succeeding) in doing something different, original and innovative. I'm a BIG fan of the Before trilogy, and even though I don't like romantic films so much, this three break my heart. They are so different from each other and yet, so similar, that you know he's speaking truly from his heart.

Just use spoiler tags. It's not very hard. [ spoiler] just remove the space between the [ and the s or / [ /spoiler]

The writing team DID change I think. It really is A LOT better.

Honestly I'm enjoying Season 1 a lot more than I expected to. I think I'm just used to this type of mish-mash of concepts and frenetic pacing due to being an avid reader of comics?

Anyway thanks for the rec, looking forward to Season 2 even more now!

Honestly I'm enjoying Season 1 a lot more than I expected to. I think I'm just used to this type of mish-mash of concepts and frenetic pacing due to being an avid reader of comics?

Anyway thanks for the rec, looking forward to Season 2 even more now!

Oh I love season 1! Binge watched it like crazy. I'm the same; I love werewolves and demons and weird lab experiments; spooky gothic atmospheres. Definitely my cup of tea :P

Finished Season 2. That was nuts! I'm still not exactly sure what happened. :p

LOL. It's CRAZY isnt it!!! They HAVE to make a season 3 now!!

poor shelley though :(

im really interested in finding out more about the baby, what the doctor is and what is going to happen to olivia

Still binge watching Hemlock Grove, kinda sad negative reviews turned me off of this. Once you take in the vein of fun horror, it's really quite enjoyable.

Not sure why AVClub gave this first season an F - they were kinder to Helix and Agents of Shield, two shows that were basically garbage for a good part of their runs.

Though I might have to take a break to find a vid of the The Show's Girl's Day MTV special, if this opening is any indication.

Archived