My friend wrote her own book.... and its good! You guys might really dig this!

me399

I know there is a listing asking for self published fantasy books, I posted there but my reply is buried very deep and I don't think people will see it. I hope I don't get into trouble for re-posting it here... she's my friend and I THINK the book is great and I am just trying to spread the word.

I have a epub fantasy book for you guys. She is a newer writer. She self published this. The first chapter hooks you. I have personally known this girl for more than a year. She is super, super talented and if anyone deserves to get a break and make it big in this business its her! Sweetest girl I've ever met and very, very talented!

Her name is Bec Dixon, "Dream Wakers" http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Wakers-The-Veiled-Prophecy-ebook/dp/B00JKUMHKC

For those who don't want an epub she's coming out with a HC and I have an original, oversized soft cover.

The epub is like 3$ on amazon. I hope you all check it out and let me know what you think. Ill pass it along or get her to log on here so you all can communicate with her personally.

You are a good friend for trying to promote her book, but seriously, you really think the book is great? There may be a story in there, but the formatting and lack of editing make it unreadable for me.

Yeah this is probably not the best place to look for....positive comments. :P

Heh, even though he's plausibly the most discussed author in this forum Bakker can't seem to catch a break.

I wonder if any of our threads on him led to more than 5 sales tops.

Abraham, OTOH, seems to garner some good rep around here.

I downloaded the kindle simple, but I could barely read a page, the style is that bad and plain nonsensical at times.

"Thick air hung meekly near the ceiling fan as it twisted nervously overhead."

That is the very first sentence. For real.

Skimming ahead, I noticed sentences like "Her ribs constricted in harsh judgement of her mistakes."

It almost seems like a parody at times from my quick skim.

I downloaded the kindle simple, but I could barely read a page, the style is that bad and plain nonsensical at times.

Skimming ahead, I noticed sentences like "Her ribs constricted in harsh judgement of her mistakes."

All I can say to all of you is thank you for even checking it out. This is her first book! The HC that is just about tobe released is going thru Amazons (process) whatever that means. She is a young, young adult that is very smart and has a passion for writing. I know this might not be everyones cup of tea or style but she needs to start somewhere.

I know the internet can be full of hateful people and comments but I know most people here don't go out of there way to be mean just for the sake of being mean. There was a thread already asking for books like this so I figured, "what the hell" and put up the link. Constructive criticism is completely acceptable especially from anyone here thats published something. Self published authors too! This is not an easy thing to do and any help or positive suggestions are welcome.

I just have to give her all the credit in the world. Like I said, she's a young lady that is actually going out and trying to make her dreams come true herself. Most people her age are more concerned with partying, getting into trouble, doing drugs...... She labored for almost 2 years putting this entire thing together from start to finish. It is pretty impressive seeing most people twice her age always talk and dream of trying this but never do.

Again, thanks for checking it out. Theres a sample so it cost nothing. If you buy it its less than a cup of coffee. 3$ Either way your helping support a young writer. If you have suggestions, criticism.... anything, please post them (in a nice way, please) All writers need critiques and input. They all learn and improve over time.

Thanks Guys

Hey everyone

Author of the book here. I'm glad to see some conversation started on this thread, I am very flattered you took the time to glance at it at all. As the original poster mentioned, I am glad to hear any feedback pertaining to what you see. Criticism and praise both help us grow as writers and I greatly appreciate the honesty of your posts.

Very Best,

Bec

I would love to understand your opinion in more detail if you would be obliged. Is it the style personification that seems silly to you? All of these things will help me immensely :)

The air hung meekly

had to stop there, but best of luck to her.

Thank you for your well wishes. Might I ask why this made you stop? Your opinion matters to me and will help me grow as a writer. Thank you for looking!

You are a good friend for trying to promote her book, but seriously, you really think the book is great? There may be a story in there, but the formatting and lack of editing make it unreadable for me.

Thank you for this statement. I agree the formatting sucks! It's something I will work on immediately. I'm unsure if you had glanced at the old content before Amazon verified the second edition. I still hate the format, however, was able to procure funds for editing services. Hopefully it will be a series you reconsider in time.

Wow! Really? That's verging on Eye of Argon there.

This can be a really informative comment. Per your reference, may it be fair to assume the writing style is too floral and exaggerated for you? I would love if you could elaborate. I would be very grateful :)

Archived