Jeyne Westerling, Lady of Castamere?

I had this crackpot theory when trying to find out who were the greatest heiresses or heiresses apparent for the major noble houses and it hit me..

We know that after the Red Wedding, Castamere was given to House Spicer as a reward. Its current lord Rolph Spicer is childless and his current heir is his sister Lady Sybell Spicer.. Now, if ever Rolph Spicer dies without begetting an heir, then Castamere is passed to Sybell and we know that Sybell's children are the Westerling siblings.. Rollam Westerling, Sybell's only surviving son is also the heir to The Crag which is think he'll be lord someday and we all know that other acquired titles, castles and lands are usually passed down to a younger son or the next heir such as the case of Emmon Frey who inherited Riverrun and Garland Tyrell was given Brightwater Keep..

After Rollam, Jeyne Westerling is Sybell's next heir.. yes, Jeyne Westerling who is still legally Jeyne Stark as the Queen in the North and widow of the late Robb I Stark, King in the North and of the Trident..

Now, if its true, is it possible that we may one day meet a Jeyne Westerling or even a Jeyne Stark (if she choses to retain the use of her late husband's name upon her ascension), as Lady of Castamere in the future? And what would it meant?

We all know that Castamere has always been the flagship of Lannister resistance.. It has goldmines that rivals that of Casterly Rock itself.. Imagine its rulership under a staunch Stark supported who is also the widow of the King in the North and the implications it would cause..

I like it.

As I have said before I believe that there is a difference between the "legal" name and the name she could be addressed with. She could be addressed as Stark but she couldn't take Castamere with the Stark name since she doesn't have either Stark blood or (most probably) a child with Robb.

We all know that Castamere has always been the flagship of Lannister resistance.. It has goldmines that rivals that of Casterly Rock itself.. Imagine its rulership under a staunch Stark supported who is also the widow of the King in the North and the implications it would cause..

Its Gold mines are under water. It is going to take a lot of money and a lot of time for them to be restored to their former glory.

Castamere is now probably the Westerlands equivalent to Harrhenhal. A poisoned chalice that only a seriously rich and powerful Lord will be able to bring back to its full potential.

I like it.

As I have said before I believe that there is a difference between the "legal" name and the name she could be addressed with. She could be addressed as Stark but she couldn't take Castamere with the Stark name since she doesn't have either Stark blood or (most probably) a child with Robb.

Yes.. that is true.. But can she choose her own sigil? Just the thought of seeing an army with banners of a red direwolf head on a gray field (Red Wedding anyone? :cool4:) heading for Casterly Rock just made my head explode.. :bowdown:

Its Gold mines are under water. It is going to take a lot of money and a lot of time for them to be restored to their former glory.

Castamere is now probably the Westerlands equivalent to Harrhenhal. A poisoned chalice that only a seriously rich and powerful Lord will be able to bring back to its full potential.

True, but i think Castamere is easier to repair than Harrenhal.. What makes Harrenhal very difficult to rehabilitate is its sheer size.. Plus Jeyne can ask support from her rich friends for assistance *ehem* Lord Manderly, or she can even ask for a loan in the Iron Bank, using the gold of Castamere as collateral for the loan.. Plus the immediate lands holding fealty to Castamere can still provide her with some income..

I have a contender for her to marry who might fit the bill. Olyvar Frey. He's still alive isn't he? Roslin's brother and possibly in line for the famous Rosby inheritance (their mother was Bethany Rosby). Don't know the extent of the Rosby inheritance but it's enough that several lords are petitioning the crown to be named the true heir. IIRC he also served Robb loyally.

I have a contender for her to marry who might fit the bill. Olyvar Frey. He's still alive isn't he? Roslin's brother and possibly in line for the famous Rosby inheritance (their mother was Bethany Rosby). Don't know the extent of the Rosby inheritance but it's enough that several lords are petitioning the crown to be named the true heir. IIRC he also served Robb loyally.

He is most like Gyles Rosby's ward and the functional Lord of Rosby right now anyway. It makes sense.

Yes.. that is true.. But can she choose her own sigil? Just the thought of seeing an army with banners of a red direwolf head on a gray field (Read Wedding anyone? :cool4:) heading for Casterly Rock just made my head explode.. :bowdown:

I don't think so. I don't know tho but if she is going to take Castamere as a Westerling then I don't think that she can change her name and her sigil. However she could create House Westerling of Castemere.

I don't think so. I don't know tho but if she is going to take Castamere as a Westerling then I don't think that she can change her name and her sigil. However she could create House Westerling of Castemere.

True.. But i think she can create her own sigil.. House Fossoway of New Barrel created their own sigil after breaking off from the main branch of House Fossoway.. Same goes for House Tyrell of Brightwater Keep, with Garland Tyrell making a new sigil.. Another prime example is House Karstark who has a entirely new sigil upon receiving Karhold.. I think, were Jeyne was to inherit Castamere, she can create a House Westerling of Castamere with a new sigil that the perfect sigil would be a direwolf's head with auburn fur and blue eyes wearing a crown made of seashells on a snow white field.. :)

I like this idea. I would be quite happy if the Spicers were to die sudden and painful deaths (you see what this series turns us into) and that would be so ironic after the RW if Robb Stark's widow were to inherit Castamere. And no way would she be loyal to House Lannister. Not that I think she would in any way be powerful enough to rebel, not on her own anyway...

She wont be in Castamere. Jeyne Stark will be in Winterfell as Regent to Robb Stark, Lord of Winterfell and son of the King in the North Robb Stark.

The Black Fish will marry her (a marriage of Convenience) and will serve as the Captain of the Guard for the Starks in Winterfell

With the inclusion of the Eighth Kingdom, the Far North, the King's Road is going to bring a lot of travelers and money to Winterfell. Add to that a friend to the North in King Viserys "Jon" Targaryen on the Iron Throne and Winterfell with be re-built and grow like never before.

What if she outwits her mother and goes to beg help from King Aegon VI?

The Lannisters killed her husband, and with her mother's help possibly their unborn child. Robb didn't even want the Iron Throne, he just wanted his father and sisters, whom the Lannisters had. Lannister this, Lannister that--common cause and a sweet face.

That could make things interesting.

Why do people assume that Jeyne, the Northern and Riverland populations will spend the rest of their lives transfixed on the few months that Robb was a king?

I could understand if his reign was a glorious one, but it was nothing short of a disaster for the people of both kingdoms.

Most will move on, Winter has come and they have bigger problems than which King collects their taxes.

and why would any Northerner ally themselves with Jeyne? Castamere is famous across the realm as seat of the second riches family of Westeros and its suddenly given to the Westerlings after RW. No Northerner is going to trust any Westerlings for a long time.

The biggest problem the Westerlings have right now is that the Freys know damn well that sybilla was in on this, that info was probably drunkenly spoken of in front of Tom O'Sevens who, when left alone with Edmure when he was bathing/pondering on Jaime's offer to surrender Riverrun. I have no doubt O'Sevens warned him that the Westerlings/Spicers were in on the betrayal of Robb and Edmure for all of his lack-wit at times told his uncle Ser Brynden the Blackfish and that played into his action in leaving or hiding in Riverrun, with or without Robb's Queen as he was so ordered to do.

Now, when it comes to lady Sybilla, I think it is safe to call her a liar. Never trust a liar. I think she was playing Robb and she is playing the Lannisters. If the Lannisters have to war against the Reach, Sybilla will have to come up with some moves of their own. Tywin is dead and that changes everything. Jeyne may pregnant after all although I doubt she has the kid.

Archived