ONE dragon with three heads

Talking Hodor

Here's a possible theory:

Jon Snow is the only dragon of Rhaegar's dreams. He has three heads. He's currently Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. If Robb's will and the hopes and dreams of the Northern lords are executed, he'll be the Lord of Winterfell and King in the North. If his ancestry is fully made known and can be proved, he'll be claimant to the Iron Throne; one dragon, three heads.

Discuss.

Iron throne is for all 7 Kingdoms, so I don't think you can pull Lord of Winterfell / King in the North out as a separate "head." And everything indicates that Jon wouldn't even want the throne. If just being a claimant to it is enough to count as a "head," Stannis has already made him a claimant to Winterfell. Robb's will might legitimize Jon, but I'm not certain if all the Northern lords want Jon to take over as KitN.

Iron throne is for all 7 Kingdoms, so I don't think you can pull Lord of Winterfell / King in the North out as a separate "head." And everything indicates that Jon wouldn't even want the throne. If just being a claimant to it is enough to count as a "head," Stannis has already made him a claimant to Winterfell. Robb's will might legitimize Jon, but I'm not certain if all the Northern lords want Jon to take over as KitN.

A legitimized son of Ned Stark, who has been trained his whole life alongside Robb? No, they don't want that at all.

GRRM:

..."the third head doesn't necessarily have to BE a Targaryen."

This means the first two heads are. Since there is no one in the series (as far as we know) who is two-thirds Targaryen and one-third something else, this quote indicates that the three heads are three separate people.

GRRM:

This means the first two heads are. Since there is no one in the series (as far as we know) who is two-thirds Targaryen and one-third something else, this quote indicates that the three heads are three separate people.

It's the dragon has three heads, not dragons. Dragons in prophecies always represent Targs, it's one Targ with three hypostatises. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/86614-jon-snow-the-3headed-dragon-and-mythology/

Archived