JustAnObsessedFan

This suit burns better.

Huh?

Burns's suit! Burns's suit!

...I don't get it.

Look at Burns's suit!

That's what it reminds me of.

I just imagine R'hollor facepalming.

Wonder if we'll get some version of her seeing Jon Snow in the flames and being confused because she is looking for AAR or drop some sort of hint that she may have screwed up?

they're certainly not going to show what she's looking at anyway.

I do enjoy when she's flustered and confused because she is otherwise so serene and confident in everything. She has such utter faith in her "quest" that the occasional cracks are interesting (like in 2.10). I'd love some "bickering" between herself and Stannis before he leaves, especially her grand announcement that she's staying put! She made a big point of saying she should have been at Blackwater so her her to stay behind is a big deal.

I hope we get a few different Stan farewells in s5 before he takes that potentially fatal march south. One with Mel would be nice, though many fans disliked their last one in ep. 303 (I liked it myself but what do I know) but even better would be one where he tells Shireen that she's to be his heir.

I imagine we'll get a lot of Mel in s5. She didn't have too much to do in s2 or s4, but it seems she flourishes in odd-numbered seasons.

in the Show Mel seems to see Shireen as a threat to her influence on the family.

I've always thought Mel sees Shireen as a potential sacrifice. "There is power in Kings Blood" - I don't like to think it will happen (it would be so so so sad), but she's a priestess & covers her cruel side with her rather pleasant personality.

Shireen could be key to Stannis turning his back against Mel

Mel have Selyse as ally but Davos has Shireen as his ally

Shireen seem to see through Mel's Glamor and it seem that Shireen is Stannis' soft spot

I don't think Shireen sees through her glamour, just through her bullshit.

I hope Mel dosen't sacrifice Shireen, but I might enjoy it if turns the Mannis from the Red God.

Yeah why not just kill off one of the only rays of sunshine in the entire series (who is arguably even more adorable in the show) for the sake of Stannis turning his back on a religion he only nominally follows anyway.

Hence why I said I hope she dosen't, but if she did and it ended up with Stannis ditching Mel I'd accept the decision. Kind of how I didn't want the RW to happen, or Oberyn to die, or Jon to get stabbed, but it's those moments of tragedy I find most poignant.

Maybe Stannis should just have ditched Mel around ACOK time and taken his chances on the battlefield!

Mel seem to talk about her past to have people let their guard down, but Shireen is smarter than that.

Davos, Shireen,and Cressen had a right not to trust Mel.

Like Saffron from Firefly, Mel use her wiles to trap men.

Thoros would have been a better red priest to aid Stannis.

Mel in the show is not as powerful or foreboding as Mel in the books, I agree. In the books, she seems to be scarier, more imposing, and more magical. I liked book Mel very much and I also feel that show Mel is one of the few mistakes made in casting. Show Mel looks nothing like the Mel I imagined and she does not really seem like such a big deal sorceress to me (okay, one point for the shadow baby :-)

I completely agree with the quote below regarding Shireen :-)

Yeah why not just kill off one of the only rays of sunshine in the entire series (who is arguably even more adorable in the show) for the sake of Stannis turning his back on a religion he only nominally follows anyway.

For one thing, they needed an actress at least six inches taller than Carice van Houten.

Actually, Stephen Dillane is a weak 6'0. If they had cast an actress 6 inches taller than Carice, she would have been as tall as him, which always makes the male actor look shorter than the woman.

Actually, Stephen Dillane is a weak 6'0. If they had cast an actress 6 inches taller than Carice, she would have been as tall as him, which always makes the male actor look shorter than the woman.

I would have preferred that over what we got. Melisandre from the books towers over most people, men included. Stannis is not one of them, since he is supposed to be even taller than Melisandre, but it matters less so in his case.

Archived