Most Anticipated Season 5 Scenes [SPIOLERS]

The Red Dragon

I've created this thread for people to share there most anticipated scenes for the upcoming fifth season of Game of Thrones.

Here are a few scenes/moments that I cannot wait to watch being brought to life.

(If you haven't read the books, major spoilers from this point on)

- Drogon descends on the fighting pit.

This is a scene that blew my mind while reading aDwD, since Drogon has been roaming free now for quite a while, he has had plenty room to grow, and considering how much he grew throughout Season 4, we can expect him to be almost double the size we last saw him. The scene will be action packed and it looks like they have already found somewhere to film this scene in the fighting pit, the Plaza de Toros in Spain. (link) :

This scene also has the potential to pack an emotional punch considering Danaerys' relationship with her Dragons and the way Drogon is being treated by the guards and in turn, Drogons reaction towards his mother.

- Lady Stoneheart

Not confirmed to appear in Season 5 but we can still hope. Stonehearts reveal chapter in ASOS was the most shocked i ever was reading ASOIAF and I want to experience that again as a viewer of the show. Its something you just don't see coming and would be a perfect way to catch viewers off guard by revealing her at the end of episode 1 next season.

I do think they would have to extend her storyline for season 5 as in the books her storyline would only work for two episodes.

My choice would be to have some scenes with her grieving for her family and a flashback of some sort showing how she was resurrected. The grieving part would help us relate her to being Catelyn as it would be all to easy for the viewer to see Stoneheart as a vengeful zombie type character.

I'd also have them stitch up the slit in her throat and give her more dialogue. Again just another way to steer her away from being viewed as a vengeful zombie.

- Jon & Mel Scenes

One of my favourite parts of aDwD was reading the scenes between Jon & Mel, and seeing Mel staring at Jon through the flames in the last episode got me really excited for what's to come between the two.

I really enjoy the dynamics between them, Mel essentially wants to gain Jon's trust so she can make shadow babies with him to fight the white walkers but Jon remains sceptical and doesn't seem to fully trust her.

There's some great scenes I'm hoping the show will adapt like the one where at one point Ghost seems more fond of Mel than he is of Jon.

Also considering how the show differs from the books, we could see a different type of relationship between Jon and Melisandre, perhaps one where they are more romantically involved with each other. After all Kit Harington who pays Jon has hinted in an interview where hes talking about Jon glancing at Mel through the fire, that Jon has a type and he likes redheads ;)

Share your anticipated scenes/moments and expectations for Season 5 below.

• 5 months later...

The first five that come to mind are:

- Daznak's Pit

- Jon beheads Slynt

- Jon's stabbing

- Aegon reveal (if he's in)

- Barristan takes hizdahr into custody

The first five that come to mind are:

- Daznak's Pit

- Jon beheads Slynt

- Jon's stabbing

- Aegon reveal (if he's in)

- Barristan takes hizdahr into custody

Sorry, Jon's stabbing isn't happening this season.

Regarding Jon's stabbing is that your opinion or do you have any evidence to back that up? You may be right but it's the logical season climax so I would be surprised if they left it out, more likely they will spoil his fate than delay to start of season 6.

Sorry, Jon's stabbing isn't happening this season.

If you think Jon's stabbing isn't happening this season then you haven't been paying attention.

S5 will cover 80-90% of AFFC and ADWD. We don't know yet what is happening with the Ironborn, Oldtown, Manderly, Young Griff and the Golden Company but all the other plots will definitely be in ADOS territory by episode ten. They only have another two seasons to wrap everything up so they don't have the time to spend a full two seasons on ADWD/AFFC.

My most anticipated scene is the Kingsmoot and Euron's speech about Gods but its very unlikely he will be in this season.

I think it is happening this season. Reason being is because everyone is very tight lipped about Jon's storyline this year. Where last year we had and saw some images from the battle of Castle Black.

I agree, it will happen this season, I believe it will be the massive cliffhanger to end the season.

besides it will be most logical structure-wise - Season 5 begins with "Jons election" and ends with "daggers in the dark".

If you think Jon's stabbing isn't happening this season then you haven't been paying attention.

S5 will cover 80-90% of AFFC and ADWD. We don't know yet what is happening with the Ironborn, Oldtown, Manderly, Young Griff and the Golden Company but all the other plots will definitely be in ADOS territory by episode ten. They only have another two seasons to wrap everything up so they don't have the time to spend a full two seasons on ADWD/AFFC.

My most anticipated scene is the Kingsmoot and Euron's speech about Gods but its very unlikely he will be in this season.

Um, nope. They will certainly not be in ADoS territory. I think Season 5 will end all characters how they ended ADwD, except Arya having the Mercy chapter from TWoW.

Jon's stabbing/anything Stoneheart/anything Euron/Kingsmoot/IB I suppose would be icing on the cake for me. I just fear that there's going to be a lot of filibustering/filler in general this season as they wait for some direction from GRRM/a hopeful TWoW release.

Daznak's pit scene is going to be awesome.

Jon becoming Lord Commander

Ed, fetch me a block

Jon and Stannis interactions

Flashbacks!!!!

I haven't been following much speculation on what's been filmed this year. Is there any word whether we get the Battle of Ice/Winterfell this year?

Um, nope. They will certainly not be in ADoS territory. I think Season 5 will end all characters how they ended ADwD, except Arya having the Mercy chapter from TWoW.

Broadly you are probably right but it's been hinted there will be Winds of Winter spoilers so I think it's fair to assume we will get some of the material from the start of that book. Possibly Theon, Jon (what happens after the stabbing), battle of ice, Dany/Tyron meeting etc.

In no particular order:

1) The Pit

2) Walk of Shame

3) Danny meets Tyrion

4) Jon/Mel interactions

5) Jon/Stannis interactions

6) Jon Betrayal

7) Barristan arresting Loraq

8) Stannis taking Deepwood

I would assume the Winterfell stuff will be held for next season, but if not then all of that too!

I would assume the Winterfell stuff will be held for next season, but if not then all of that too!

It's almost certain that Theon's Winterfell chapters are in this season, in some form. They were some of the best chapters in ADWD and they won't just do away with Theon for a whole season, especially after painfully dragging us through his torture for no reason for a season too. The writers love him.

In fact I'm most curious to see if they confirm the theory that Theon is the Ghost in Winterfell in the TV show. Those events are pretty much the most anticipated thing this season for me.

It's almost certain that Theon's Winterfell chapters are in this season, in some form. They were some of the best chapters in ADWD and they won't just do away with Theon for a whole season, especially after painfully dragging us through his torture for no reason for a season too. The writers love him.

In fact I'm most curious to see if they confirm the theory that Theon is the Ghost in Winterfell in the TV show. Those events are pretty much the most anticipated thing this season for me.

Agreed! After so many inter-monologue Danny chapters I was lulled to sleep, but once I got to the ghost chapters I was pleasantly awoken again.

I actually wouldn't mind the pink letter as a cliff hanger for the season. I'm really interested to see where season 5 ends off especially because it's most likely going to wrap up 80-90% of all Feast/Dance but it looks like Jaimes still going to be in dorne, no ironborn, no young griff, and it's not confirmed but I have a feeling Sam won't reach Oldtown but its weird to think about Sam being at the wall when Jon gets stabbed...

Personally I'd wrap up season five with Arya being blinded...not the Mercy chapter.

It really depends how much they use Arya this season. Seeing as theres only 6 chapters that we've read I wouldn't be inclined to say so but theres quite a bit that happens and they will definitely add new scenes to expand her story so think I might agree... mercy would be a cool way to start off Arya's story for season 6

Archived