Videogames: The War (for equality) Has Just Begun

Jace, Extat

I just finished Omega and Leviathan for the first time too. As far as DLC goes, I liked them both a lot, Omega more than Leviathan as it reminded me more of Mass Effect 2. I kind of liked Aria and Nyreen far better than the majority of your Mass Effect 3 crew.

Citadel I did last year when I played through last summer, and I have to say I thought it was awful. A real piece of shit. All my favorite characters were reduced to comedic representations. The party was pretty bad, and the characters felt like they were written by fans (which I think was the idea). I really didn't like it at all.

From Ashes is the first DLC I had, and I have to agree, the game loses something major without Javik. He is about the best character in ME3.

I still wish your group in 3 could have been something like Garrus and Tali, Miranda, Ashley, Legion, Thane, Grunt, Javik, Jack (if we have to, I know SOMEONE out there likes her), Jacob (so we have someone annoying to stay stupid shit), and of course Wrex. Mordin I really want, but his arc in 3 is pretty great as is.

That's my biggest problem with 3 right there, I would have forgiven the ending for a squad like that.

Pillars of Eternity gameplay video.

Looks solid for a new Infinity Engine experience, but a bit more 2D than I think people were expecting. I think there may a fear of Divinity: Original Sin (which cost slightly less to make) making PoE look a little tired visually when it comes out, although I expect PoE to have stronger writing.

Has anyone played the Banner Saga? I just got this yesterday and am engrossed in the story(Combination of Vikings, GoT, and Dragon Age: Origins). It helps that the animation style pretty much looks just like the old Dragon's Lair/ Space Ace games.

Has anyone played the Banner Saga? I just got this yesterday and am engrossed in the story(Combination of Vikings, GoT, and Dragon Age: Origins). It helps that the animation style pretty much looks just like the old Dragon's Lair/ Space Ace games.

Yes. It's very good, but incredibly tough.

Mount And Blade: Warband is just the funnest fucking thing.

There is of course a game of thrones/asoiaf mod for it called Clash Of Kings [spoiler: there's a shit-ton of mods for Mount and Blade, period] and I downloaded it but I haven't even bothered with it yet because honestly the base game is close enough to everything I would want in an unlicensed Game Of Thrones simulator (right down to even some of the Sigils/Banners you pick as a noble being very close to some of our favorite Westeros devices).

I don't even feel like I'm really good at it yet and am still having a blast even doing the things I've figured out how to do decently.

Hmmm... so the implication is if we agree to give up female representation they might abolish tax on games?

Intriguing...

:P

I'd give up my right to vote for my local congressman/senator if that damn tea tax would be lifted. ;)

Nah - I think we're just bored and spouting nonsense for the hell of it (me especially). :)

But... I assume you pay tax on games already - sales tax. That's all I was referring to. (I'm Aussie - so I pay GST. Same thing)

I've bought alot of games recently, some for myself and some for my brothers. The one I'm currently playing (on a PS3) is Vanquish and so far its awesome. By the way, can anyone recommend a good but cheap sound system to buy? My TV's speakers are messed up.

From Ashes is the first DLC I had, and I have to agree, the game loses something major without Javik. He is about the best character in ME3.

The genius of Javik is his comments on all this new modern stuff which is inferior to the prothean cycle and also the scathing comments towards the current races. For instance when he muses that Salarins used to lick their eyes and eat flies

Archived