TWOW "very unlikely" to be released in 2015 - Jane Johnson

Kyle H

it's all become one big joke

Well, it could be worse; he could be taking as long as David Gerrold. Honestly, I think the Winds of Winter is more likely to happen than the next Chtorr book.

Apparently there was a whole storyline with Tyrion in Chroyane with the Shrouded Lord that got junked as it was just too time-consuming at that point in the story.

Damn! The whole thing with the Bridge of Dream and Chroyane was my absolutely favourite part of Tyrion's Essosi travelogue. Martin chose to scrap that of all things!? :crying:

I wonder what could have furthered Tyrion's already convoluted story with visiting the Shrouded Lord. The second he kissed Penny, I gave up and realized Tyrion's entire narrative was filler. To introduce "maybe" characters and get his ass to Mereen.

Of course, we got Septa Maybe-someone else, and Griff someone-else, and then (fa)egon. Meh. I still don't see some kid taking a dwarf he just met's advice to change his entire plan that quickly, but I digress.

As much as i love the dark shit like the Weeper, Lady SH, etc. I can't see this doing much for Tyrion's story. I enjoy his wits being his strong point and keeping him what makes him him. Not befriending some other dwarf girl. I'd rather see more of how Jorah was dealing with being a slave.

Damn! The whole thing with the Bridge of Dream and Chroyane was my absolutely favourite part of Tyrion's Essosi travelogue. Martin chose to scrap that of all things!? :crying:

LOL, I kind of agree, I was intrigued by that little weird time slipknot or whatever it was, certainly more interesting than getting captured by the pirates, and Penny, and where do whores go, and what he ate at every meal since he arrived in Essos.

I never said it wasn't. Unfortunately, success for an author seems to make editors ineffective. I certainly wish it wasn't so, but apparently success causes the people around you to undergo a spinectomy.

My guess is that the spinectomy has to do with the editor not being able to stand up to the publishing house, as opposed to the author.

This is complete hearsay. No one has any idea on how much GRRM is going to write this year or next year, except GRRM.

We can guess though based on the previous 15 year track record....oh, wait, that's like 200 WPD. So if we give him the benefit of the doubt and say he writes 7 days a week at the current average pace he has maintained for the past 15 years and give him from September to April to write, we'll get 42,000 words.....

And he strikes me right now as a drowning man, trying desperately to keep his head above water.

That's my impression. It's led to an odd series of articles and interviews where GRRM is quoted floating suggestions to keep the show from catching up with him and quotes from HBO/D&D appear thereafter shooting them down or contradicting them. It seems to have picked up in recent months as well.

Hiatus? No hiatus.

Two or three seasons for AFFC/ADWD? Seven or eight seasons.

Movie? No movie, seven seasons.

Ten seasons? Seven seasons.

Seven seasons won't be enough? Seven seasons.

While I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists who imagines some huge falling-out between D&D and GRRM, it is getting a little awkward at this point to watch GRRM publicly grasping at straws to no avail while the show smoothly rolls on. He has no one to blame but himself, obviously, more so when you consider his background in TV, but I do feel a little sorry for him.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/george-r-r-martin-on-game-of-thrones-that-controversial-rape-scene-and-his-writing-progress.html

Well, as for the books, I have two more to

write. Im certainly going to be dealing with Jaime.

Jaime and Cerseis relationship is in a very

different place in the books than the show has

reached now. They are effectively estranged now.

So, more Jaime, no Brienne, as far as the PoVs go?

On to the point of the original topic, the woman deleted like 200 negative comments on her twitter feed. Someone should go ask her why.

Why on earth would that be anyone else's business? People can delete whatever they like from their own Twitter feeds.

Why on earth would that be anyone else's business? People can delete whatever they like from their own Twitter feeds.

Like I tell my teenage daughter.... Once you put it out on the internet, it's out there for good. This lady put out professional opinion, or inside thinking, and is now censoring it. Totally her right to do so, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to know her thinking behind it either.

Like I tell my teenage daughter.... Once you put it out on the internet, it's out there for good. This lady put out professional opinion, or inside thinking, and is now censoring it. Totally her right to do so, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to know her thinking behind it either.

I was under the impression she hadn't deleted anything she had said or put out there - only negative comments from others. She has a perfect right to do that for any reason or none. It's her Twitter feed.

I was under the impression she hadn't deleted anything she had said or put out there - only negative comments from others. She has a perfect right to do that for any reason or none. It's her Twitter feed.

ABSOLUTELY within her right. I just don't see anything wrong with asking why.

Archived