TWOW "very unlikely" to be released in 2015 - Jane Johnson

Kyle H

You guys freak me out. I just finnished reading Dance with Dragons and now you're telling me I'll have to wait until 2016/17? That's not fair!!!

how about those guys who finished A feast for crows in 2006 and had to wait until 2011.

I think the worst would have to be those poor sods who read a Storm of Swords in 2000 and had to wait 11 years to find out what then happened next with Tyrion, Stannis/ Davos, Jon, etc.

Well 2001 for me, nearly as long.

What made it worse is that when we eventually did get Tyrion chapters again it was the adventures of the morose Pig riding dwarf, rather than him actually doing something interesting like meeting Dany.

Well 2001 for me, nearly as long.

What made it worse is that when we eventually did get Tyrion chapters again it was the adventures of the morose Pig riding dwarf, rather than him actually doing something interesting like meeting Dany.

This so much. I felt that the fourth wall was really crushing down during Tyrion's (and Danny's) chapters. Tyrion sets to meet Danny right from the beginning of the book but I couldn't help but feel that the author is constantly and purposely putting obstacles into his way so he won't meet her until the very end of the book (little I knew that even that won't happen). I enjoyed the first half of Tyrion's adventure but the second part was just a drag and felt contrived and unnecessary.

GRRM himself at least seems to think it's feasable that TWOW will be done by mid 2015, when he says he hopes to write an episode again for season 6 if the book is totally done by then. Might be a big "if" for all we know though.

GRRM also seemed to "think it was feasible" that ADWD would be out by 2006, and we all know how that turned out. GRRM is probably the worst predictor of when his books will be out, so we can't put very much stock in him expressing the hope that he can get the book published by June 2015 (which is when his season 6 episode would have to be written).

Tyrion sets to meet Danny right from the beginning of the book but I couldn't help but feel that the author is constantly and purposely putting obstacles into his way so he won't meet her until the very end of the book (little I knew that even that won't happen). I enjoyed the first half of Tyrion's adventure but the second part was just a drag and felt contrived and unnecessary.

In principle, that’s not much different from Arya’s storyline in CoK and SoS. I didn’t feel a decline in quality in this respect. (In others, though.) I also didn’t find Tyrion’s storyline frustrating.

In principle, that’s not much different from Arya’s storyline in CoK and SoS. I didn’t feel a decline in quality in this respect. (In others, though.) I also didn’t find Tyrion’s storyline frustrating.

Maybe the difference is that we, the reader, know that Dany is going to make it to Westeros eventually and know that Tyrion is going to meet her eventually.....so all the malingering adventures became sort of stale to some people. Where, with Arya's early adventures, you didn't know what was going to happen to her. Now, she is in the same situation, we know she will eventually return to Westeros...so, for some, it's kind of like, let's get to it....

Archived