Is Pretty Meris...? :O help build the theory!

Lord Oak

I think Pretty Meris is meant to give the reader a grim look at what could possibly happen to Brienne in the future. The life of a female warrior is never easy. It is impossible for Meris and Brienne to be the same person unless a time machine is involved.

Or maybe Thoros/R'hllor made Brienne go weeks back in time from when her trial with SH occurred, and then magically transported her to Essos. Thoros/R'hllor also made Brienne several inches shorter, took her ears away, and gave the Tattered Prince and his men false memories of her.

When I first read of Pretty Meris, it was perfectly obvious for me that she was Brienne. There was no clearer description of a character that was "new" but really wasn't. She had the ultimate PERFECT physical description (I first learned doubting everyone's identity when the vagabond at Shae's door was really Varys).

Of course your first reaction will be "but she is obviously going somewhere with Jamie in Westeros". But that would not be too hard to explain if needed. COME ON, it is perfectly possible in Martin's world. 1) Brienne didn't want to bring Jamie to Stoneheart's justice (I hope no one even believed she was really taking him to Sansa). 2) Glamor is practiced by R'hllor's folk, as Melisandre showed us, so the Brienne Jamie saw is not necessarily the real one, but just a perfect bait to get him to Zombie Catelyn.

But what is Brienne doing in Essos with the Tattered Prince? Who the Tattered Prince really is?

Sadly, my hypothesis doesn't go any further than that yet, so if someone finds this possible, please shoot other ideas or at least help discuss other information that might go for or against this thought.

Thanks!!!!

Lord Oak

This is the most far fetched theory I have ever heard. It's not happening.

Archived