Season 5 opening title : New Places on the Map.

Arkash

So, what do you think we will see for season 5 ?

I really hope the show stops messing around with the map and stops showing places that do not appear an entire episode (wtf was Moat Cailin doing in episodes 9 and 10 ? Or Braavos for that matter !) and show places that are featured (where are thou Eyrie ?).

Anyway, we can be quite sure Sunspear will be featured and I wonder how the sequence will handle it. Will we see it right after KL or will the camera go down all the way from the Wall to feature Dorne at the end of the Westerosi moment ? Or somewhere in the middle ?

Anyway, the inclusion of Sunspear will allow the map to show a lot more of Westeros.

Other possible inclusions :

- White Harbour for a couple episodes.

- Possible Volantis (but I can see the city being cut).

- Some notable places in the Vale. The map needs to establish where Sansa and LF to help the viewers.

- Hardhome would be fun but I doubt it very much.

- A return of Pentos ?

They'll have to cut KL's time in order to put all the other places, I think.

No Eyrie, alas. I was pissed when they didn't put the Eyrie again (and put effin' Dreadfort). Braavos wasn't even supposed to be on the map sequence this season, complete waste of the map IMO.

I believe they will cut Pentos, Volantis etc. and just glide over the Rhoyne, same like they did with the Dothraki Sea in the 1st and 2nd season (it would save them the effort, if they couldn't put the Eyrie :rolleyes: )

I see no need for Hardhome, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bran or Jon somehow went there and did some filler bullsh*t for the show.

I'm not sure about Pentos or Volantis. Braavos and Meereen will be in every episode, and I don't think they will dedicate 3 sequences/castles to Essos.

White Harbor and Sunspear are the only 2 new location I'd bet will be next season.

Pyke, Riverrun and the Eyrie should be, but after last season I'm not sure anymore. And it's too soon to show Oldtown IMO, that's for season 6.

Yeah, well, considering the recent casting news, I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up :

KL - Sunspear - Braavos - SUNSPEAR ... *camera moves away... oh, wait !* - SUNSPEAAAR !!! - Meereen.

Sunspear is the only given b/c 87% of the new cast is interchangeable SandSnake actresses' breasts. TenTowers would be great but will never happen. White Harbor would be great but will never happen. The Sorrows/Rhoyne would be great but won't happen. D&D have arbitrary preferences about what house/characters they like & ALL ELSE is expendable.

So, what do you think we will see for season 5 ?

I really hope the show stops messing around with the map and stops showing places that do not appear an entire episode (wtf was Moat Cailin doing in episodes 9 and 10 ? Or Braavos for that matter !) and show places that are featured (where are thou Eyrie ?).

Anyway, we can be quite sure Sunspear will be featured and I wonder how the sequence will handle it. Will we see it right after KL or will the camera go down all the way from the Wall to feature Dorne at the end of the Westerosi moment ? Or somewhere in the middle ?

Anyway, the inclusion of Sunspear will allow the map to show a lot more of Westeros.

Other possible inclusions :

- White Harbour for a couple episodes.

- Possible Volantis (but I can see the city being cut).

- Some notable places in the Vale. The map needs to establish where Sansa and LF to help the viewers.

- Hardhome would be fun but I doubt it very much.

- A return of Pentos ?

Way I came to understand it the cities relate to storylines that occurring rather than the physical locations specifically

eg burning Winterfell is Bran most specifically, Braavos was started by Stannis but continued and now relates to Arya

Dreadfort related to Reek, ramsya and Roose but now they'll either go back to Dreadfort or keep Moat Cailin in to represent Ramsay, Reek and Roose in Winterfell (the way having been cleared by Moat Cailins surrender obviously) and Winterfell will still be Bran//Rickon and be burning

I think there is the possibility for "White harbour" to come in to relate to Davos/Rickon/Osha in due course, it's not like there's a city in Skagos...

They do need to put the Eyrie in to relate to Sansa/Baelish

I imagine they'll have Pentos in again to relate to Tyrion

And of course Sunspear will be in

The Wall will cover all JS related stuff including Hardhome

Trick to it is I think they can only do about five, unless they go really quick, so adding a new one in means replacing an old one

They will show Winterfell when the Boltons go to Winterfell. It's that simple. It's not like they were using Winterfell to show Robb and Cat when they were in the Riverlands, they had Riverrun, Harrenhal or the Twins. By that logic, they should be showing Dragonstone whenever Stannis is in the episode, wherever he is. Bran's location is not specifically shown because he is somewhere beyond the Wall where there are no castles or cities.

Always:

-King's Landing

-Sunspear

-Winterfell

-The Wall

-Braavos

-Meereen

If one of the previous places are not permanent (Braavos, Sunspear?), maybe we will see:

-Pentos (5x01) - Tyrion will be arriving to Pentos, but he (and Varys) will be leaving the city in the same episode... if the Dornish plot is absent in the season premiere then this is the most likely place to be showed.

-Pyke (5x02) - If only one chapter is required for the Kingsmoot and Tyrion is having funny days in the Rhoyne.

-Volantis (5x03) - Tyrion meeting Jorah in Volantis only requires one episode.

-White Harbor (5x04, 5x05?) - All the Davos' stuff can be deal with in one episode.

-Deepwood Mott (5x05, 5x06?) - only one scene here, but and important one.

-Gates of the Moon/Griffin's Roost? (??/5x09)

-Winterfell( and with good reason for the first time since season 2)

-King's Landing (duh)

-Castle Black

- The Last Hearth (Rickon and Osha)

- (hopefully) Pyke

- Pentos

- Meereen, maybe Yunkai too

- Braavos

- Volantis

- Vale locales( maybe Runestone, Gulltown or Midlor's point?)

- Sunspear

- Riverrun

- White Harbour would be cool, though I don't expect it.

- Deepwood Motte

- Harrenhal

- The Twins (time to start massacring Freys)

I don't expect all or even most of these to show up. Just what I can speculate based on book/tv differences.

-Winterfell( and with good reason for the first time since season 2)

-King's Landing (duh)

-Castle Black

- The Last Hearth (Rickon and Osha)

- (hopefully) Pyke

- Pentos

- Meereen, maybe Yunkai too

- Braavos

- Volantis

- Vale locales( maybe Runestone, Gulltown or Midlor's point?)

- Sunspear

- Riverrun

- White Harbour would be cool, though I don't expect it.

- Deepwood Motte

- Harrenhal

- The Twins (time to start massacring Freys)

I don't expect all or even most of these to show up. Just what I can speculate based on book/tv differences.

They're at Skagos actually.

Other than that they won't put the Twins and most probably not Harrenhal.

Archived