[Book Spoilers] Possible Blackfish - Stoneheart merge?

Pilusmagnus

She has to be in. Why have trouble answering something that is cut. Its not a spoiler at all if she is not in the show. So that this guy was turned down before even getting to ask the question would just not make any sense at all if she was cut.

I really like this idea. it will give us that great interaction and the blackfish will get something to do. god i hope he comes back.

how in the hell could anyone like that idea thats read the books. blackfish has absolutely no history with BWB or Brienne and if its Blackfish in BWB what in the hell would they need characters like Thoros and Beric as members in BWB then. They would be useless with their "resurrection" skills ect..

The only reason they'd do this is if it's essential to Brienne's overall plot. Who knows what they have planned. They might just throw her into whatever is planned for her in TWoW, or they'll give her an original storyline, or they'll kill her off.

I think swapping Stoneheart with Blackfish would be a big 'F**k Off* to book readers and fans who are anticipating and expecting LS in the show.

If they want to maintain fan respect, shock factor and respect to the books, they need to have Stoneheart on the show.

I sort of feel that after Season 4, unsullied are starting to think that the most shocking events in future seasons will be who will die, when, and how,

But introducing Stoneheart will be one of the most shocking events to date while also reminding unsullied what the show in capable of in terms off shock factor.

Also the fact that D&D are refusing to comment on it, and Michelle Fairly describing her character as 'dead' , trying to steer fans away from anticipating her, sounds to me like there just trying to make it seem as she wont appear but when she does we will all be shocked and pleasantly suprised.

Personally I'd preffer Blackfish to join The Brotherhood with Stoneheart as the leader and its certainly a possibility and something we coud see in The Winds of Winter.

I think swapping Stoneheart with Blackfish would be a big 'F**k Off* to book readers and fans who are anticipating and expecting LS in the show.

If they want to maintain fan respect, shock factor and respect to the books, they need to have Stoneheart on the show.

I sort of feel that after Season 4, unsullied are starting to think that the most shocking events in future seasons will be who will die, when, and how,

But introducing Stoneheart will be one of the most shocking events to date while also reminding unsullied what the show in capable of in terms off shock factor.

Also the fact that D&D are refusing to comment on it, and Michelle Fairly describing her character as 'dead' , trying to steer fans away from anticipating her, sounds to me like there just trying to make it seem as she wont appear but when she does we will all be shocked and pleasantly suprised.

Personally I'd preffer Blackfish to join The Brotherhood with Stoneheart as the leader and its certainly a possibility and something we coud see in The Winds of Winter.

THIS^^^^ 1000 times

The only reason they'd do this is if it's essential to Brienne's overall plot. Who knows what they have planned. They might just throw her into whatever is planned for her in TWoW, or they'll give her an original storyline, or they'll kill her off.

And it looks like original storyline it is:

Intriguingly, WatchersOnTheWall sources also tell us that Brienne will encounter an elderly serving woman who becomes her ally in dangerous territory. The character will appear in a few episodes, though the role is small.

This makes sense. Brienne's got to do something while Jaime visits Dorne.

This.

I don't see D&D adding in LSH for the sole purpose of having a WTF moment. We say her role in the books is too important to cut out but is it really? What has she done in the books that is so vital to the story that she HAS to be included? All we've seen her do is hang a few minor Freys and capture Brienne and Pod and come close to hanging them before Brienne speaks her word then is released and supposedly sent on her mission that somehow involves Jamie Lannister. LSH will be in the show IF she is vital to the future of the story. With so much that D&D have to fit in 55 minute episodes, they're not going to waste precious screen time unless it's vital to where the story is headed. And we all like to think we know that she's vital, but in reality, we really don't know. Now, I think she's vital and therefor included because what was the point of spending time on the BWB to just drop them after Arya and the Hound leave, but I don't KNOW that. If she is vital, then she will be included. But D&D shouldn't, and won't, put LSH in just for the purpose of having a WTF moment.

She's obviously vital to the story. GRRM is a competent writer and competent writers don't revive characters for no reason.

wiffy, on 26 Jul 2014 - 5:51 PM, said:

how in the hell could anyone like that idea thats read the books. blackfish has absolutely no history with BWB or Brienne and if its Blackfish in BWB what in the hell would they need characters like Thoros and Beric as members in BWB then. They would be useless with their "resurrection" skills ect..

how do you know that he has no history with the bwb? that might be exactly where he is right now ;)

and catelyn stark had no history with the bwb either. remember?

I don't think they would turn the blackfish away if he showed up to help them. he wouldn't be useless just because he can't resurrect anyone. If they aren't going to have ls, this just seems like an interesting replacement. the blackfish might be with them at the end of affc anyway, so this could give him more to do and it wouldn't be a problem if he joins sooner. brienne did say that walder frey was lord of riverrun, so what else would the blackfish have to do?

This.

I don't see D&D adding in LSH for the sole purpose of having a WTF moment. We say her role in the books is too important to cut out but is it really? What has she done in the books that is so vital to the story that she HAS to be included? All we've seen her do is hang a few minor Freys and capture Brienne and Pod and come close to hanging them before Brienne speaks her word then is released and supposedly sent on her mission that somehow involves Jamie Lannister. LSH will be in the show IF she is vital to the future of the story. With so much that D&D have to fit in 55 minute episodes, they're not going to waste precious screen time unless it's vital to where the story is headed. And we all like to think we know that she's vital, but in reality, we really don't know. Now, I think she's vital and therefor included because what was the point of spending time on the BWB to just drop them after Arya and the Hound leave, but I don't KNOW that. If she is vital, then she will be included. But D&D shouldn't, and won't, put LSH in just for the purpose of having a WTF moment.

They're not going to waste precious screen time on a show that is more like 50 minutes now, you say? So what was all that Grey worm and Missandei crap I was forced to sit through last season? Please clue me in on how developing a relationship between those two minor characters is going to be vital to the show or books going forward?

I'll take LSH over that and loads of other stuff all day.

Unless the elderly serving woman is a still-alive-in-show-canon Masha Heddle.

elderly serving woman, my guess is a recast Masha Heddle. She is still alive in show, since Hot Pie mentioned the Inkeep who hires him in s3 as being a woman. “She said she never had better,” he says about his brown bread. So if Brienne runs into Heddle, she could still be on track for a meet up with the BWB and hopefully LSH.

Archived