Calling all musicians, amateur and pro. I need original music donations for my videos.

eyenon15

Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules with this.

I make videos for YouTube and I'm looking for original music to play over them so they don't get removed for copyright

My video are diverse, playstation montages, skateboarding, blacktop basketball games, surfers etc etc

I have a regular audience of around 200 people made up of friends, family, and online acquaintances so it's not exactly big time exposure.

It's mainly all for fun.

I want high quality songs, genre doesn't(really) matter but should be something mainstream friendly or fringe mainstream. Probably uptempo stuff too.

And Something that can be sent as an mp3 of course.

Also I will put artists name and song title in the video.

If you are interested in sharing you can post on this thread or send me an email titled MUSIC SHARE to [email protected]

Oh... How quaint... Another bid to ask that someone takes years of their life in investments, both financial and time wise to give away what they have so diligently worked for. Why is it that people don't go to the grocery store and tell the clerk that they want their vegetables for free so that other people might see them eating them?

I've had people give me vegetables for free too. Not everybody is a 24/7 whore.

Besides, people give their music to radio stations all the time without pay, just so it can be heard by an audience.

Asking money for your profession is not what constitutes being a "whore", and yes, musicians are constantly being taken advantage of in this society. That doesn't make it right

Spare me the morality speech. I'm not going to be making any money off of this. Sometimes artists, including musicians just do things for fun.

If you don't want to contribute, make your own thread about the plight of musicians.

And where I'm from, doing something just for the sake of getting paid is exactly what constitutes being a whore.

But we pronounce it as "ho"

Spare me the morality speech. I'm not going to be making any money off of this. Sometimes artists, including musicians just do things for fun.

If you don't want to contribute, make your own thread about the plight of musicians.

And where I'm from, doing something just for the sake of getting paid is exactly what constitutes being a whore.

But we pronounce it as "ho"

I think you are a tad bit confused my friend. You seem to be mixing up the fact that musicians deserve to be paid for their effort with thinking that pay is the only thing they would be making music for. This doesn't happen in any other professions other than the creative ones, but it is a common, and completely misguided sentiment.

As far as where and when I address the idea that musicians should be paid for their endeavors, I find that it is entirely appropriate to bring it up in a thread where musicians are being able to donate their product. I don't believe that you have malicious intent here, but it should be brought to your attention that musicians are entitled to be paid.

Speaking as someone who once made a living making music, some of my smartest moves were made without payment.

Not my business to tell you how to feel about it, Phillip, but the guy makes videos for his friends on youtube. He's probably not in a position to pay for licensing. If there are musicians willing to donate music for a little exposure, really what's the problem here?

Speaking as someone who once made a living making music, some of my smartest moves were made without payment.

Not my business to tell you how to feel about it, Phillip, but the guy makes videos for his friends on youtube. He's probably not in a position to pay for licensing. If there are musicians willing to donate music for a little exposure, really what's the problem here?

Yes, Nas, this is probably the least egregious case I can think of as well, but I spent an entire career doing stuff like this or similar only to turn around and find that people were making profit. This is probably not the case here, but it happens way more often than most would expect.

It is the attitude that music should be for free, or that a musician that asks for money is a whore that I really feel passionate about denying. As an old touring musician and original songwriter that is completely out of the business now, I have been ripped off almost as many ways as is possible. If I had someone to point out the various ways that i was making mistakes, I would have retired years ago. Instead, I listened to people who called me a whore if I didn't work for free.

Are you advertising your services or something????

If you are just say so, what you'll write a song for for x amount of money? Then just say that.

if a musician wants to make money off of this then come to me with some sort of business plan. I'll give the artist a copy of the file when I'm finished. They can go try to sell the video to someone else without me and they won't have to pay me for what I contributed, I'm risking someone "ripping me off" too.

Archived