Calling all musicians, amateur and pro. I need original music donations for my videos.

eyenon15

If you tell someone to shut up on a thread they created, you are an asshole.

Doesn't matter anyway, I've been given enough songs already. I put this same message on about 30 forums and sites.

So what you are saying is that you are not only a juvenile and entitled wretch, but you are also a spammer... There is a class act. One might even be tempted in calling you the asshole...

I sincerely wish you the worst in your endeavors. I wish you immense failure not because of disdain for your project that you say you are doing for free, but for the potential for you to somehow make a living in the creative arts. You are exactly the kind of person that makes it almost impossible for actual creative people to make enough to support themselves. It would be a tragedy to see yet another person with the attitude you display to make financial decisions.

Yeh, ive used a few of those. I was just wondering if maybe there were some people I could actually interact with it would be more fun.

Most of the musicians that have contacted me are excited about it and think its fun so idk why this guy is acting like I'm doing something sinister

Oh and it's not spam if you do each one on a totally different site

Wow, it's not my fault you didn't make money, maybe you just sucked.

It's a good thing I do not receive my validation from anonymous new posters on this internet site, or that could have hurt my feelings. Believe me kid, your opinion on my music career means less than nothing.

Yeh, ive used a few of those. I was just wondering if maybe there were some people I could actually interact with it would be more fun.

Most of the musicians that have contacted me are excited about it and think its fun so idk why this guy is acting like I'm doing something sinister

Oh and it's not spam if you do each one on a totally different site

I never thought that you were doing anything sinister, I just think that you are misguided, and more than a bit entitled. Your comments about people asking for money for their music being whores is not unique, and it should be confronted.

Also, you signed up for an internet forum two weeks ago, and almost immediately started a post asking people to give you services for free... Whether your intent was spammy or not, it certainly gives off that appearance. When you bragged that you have done the exact same thing on 30 different sites, it does place you firmly in the douche department. A word of advice that I could give you is to make yourself known around here for a while, and if people get to know who you are, they might just want to collaborate with you on some kind of a project. As it stands, you're kind of like the kid that comes to the party, drinks all the beer, and then yells at the rest of the guests because they won't get you any more.

Fukit if somebody is selling a song then let me know how much you want for it. But I want to hear it first.

There is a good start... There is nothing wrong with being selective in purchasing a service that you want. I am going to encourage you to kick a little cash towards all the musicians that help you out in projects. It doesn't have to be a fortune, (unless you make a fortune using their creative ideas.) You should just pay for services rendered just like you would do for any other service that you partake in.

Ok, so Mr Phillip. Since you are clearly the authority on financial rules of society.

What other professions am I not allowed to ask people to do for free??? If I ask some people to come over to my house to play basketball, do I have to pay them too??? Or else I'm the reason basketball players can't make a living.

Oh please Mr HowdyPhillip, enforcer of all things righteous. Is there any way that pleases you where I don't have to pay people to interact and do things with me??

This shit you are talking about is INSANE.

Like I'm not allowed to ask anybody to do anything, get the fuk out of here with that bulllshit.

Like I said, nobody has to do this. Why doesn't the musician kick me a little cash for hooking him up with a free video for their song?

Again, no one is being forced to do anything.

I'd rather it not get all businessy and not fun.

I'm doing this for fun, not to make money.

How much money are you giving to unsigned musicians?? You should be more focused on that instead of strong arming me.

Oh and two weeks = immediately now?

Please oh wise and moral authority, what is the proper amount if time one must belong to a forum before they can ask anybody to do anything fun????

Since you ask, translators also hate being asked to work for free.

"Oh, you charge for this? I thought you just did it for fun!"

"Yes, I'm also teaching myself how to not need food. You know, for fun..."

Since you ask, translators also hate being asked to work for free.

"Oh, you charge for this? I thought you just did it for fun!"

"Yes, I'm also teaching myself how to not need food. You know, for fun..."

And designers. "Oh, couldn't you just do a small little photoshop for me, please?".

Ok, so Mr Phillip. Since you are clearly the authority on financial rules of society.

What other professions am I not allowed to ask people to do for free??? If I ask some people to come over to my house to play basketball, do I have to pay them too??? Or else I'm the reason basketball players can't make a living.

Oh please Mr HowdyPhillip, enforcer of all things righteous. Is there any way that pleases you where I don't have to pay people to interact and do things with me??

This shit you are talking about is INSANE.

Like I'm not allowed to ask anybody to do anything, get the fuk out of here with that bulllshit.

Like I said, nobody has to do this. Why doesn't the musician kick me a little cash for hooking him up with a free video for their song?

Again, no one is being forced to do anything.

I'd rather it not get all businessy and not fun.

I'm doing this for fun, not to make money.

How much money are you giving to unsigned musicians?? You should be more focused on that instead of strong arming me.

Oh and two weeks = immediately now?

Please oh wise and moral authority, what is the proper amount if time one must belong to a forum before they can ask anybody to do anything fun????

I was tempted not to respond, and to just let your inane and puerile rant speak for itself as to the level of your immaturity and the lack of understanding that you have for the topic that we have been discussing. I am not going to do that for twofold reasons.

The first and most important is that if younger musicians reads my words, They might come to an understanding that their commitment to the craft of musicianship is not without merit. That the countless hours that have been spent in practice and rehearsal can actually have a financial reward without them having to feel guilty for selling out or prostituting themselves. That the monies that they have invested in musical equipment, recording, and the hundreds of other incidental costs associated with creating music has a value. I want to encourage other people not to give away their hard work for some nebulous idea of exposure in hopes that they do not become so exposed that they die of frostbite. I also want to let them know that becoming some kind of contributor for a project from some random guy on the internet is a horrible idea for countless reasons.

The second reason is that I have a fervent wish that you might become elucidated in how your entire way of looking at this situation is wrong, and helps to perpetuate the common stereotype of the broke musician. What you are essentially doing here is asking people to work for you for free. If you like a song enough to use it in either your personal, or professional life, then pay for it. Songs do not magically appear from the song fairy for the sole purpose of your delight. It takes work, money, time and commitment. All of these things have a value.

Now, I know that I told you that I was responding for two reasons, but upon reflection, I can come up with a third. It just makes me happy to inform you that if I ever discover a place with the name of Off, I most certainly would invite you to fuck there.

Please shut up. I'm trying to help you, but you're making me look like an asshole when you say stuff.

You are, as always, my favorite donkey.

If you tell someone to shut up on a thread they created, you are an asshole.

I hope you are enjoying this rule you have created, because I assure you no one else gives a rat's ass about it.

Archived