Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

To be fair every Friday is Stephen day on the blog :lol: I have 11 bullet points about that picture written already :lmao:

I like your blog too and I see you're looking forward to Gone Girl (movie) .Just finished reading the book,so I am too.

It strikes me Rosamund Pike would make a great Val of the Wildlings....

...see what I did there?

Ladies, it's an absolute pleasure to read your conversation... )

I so regret I never saw his one man performance of Macbeth.

I read very controversial reviews, but I bet it was extremely interesting and I believe he could do it really well.

Because as an actor he always gave an impression of an orchestra, not of a single musical instrument.

He is an outstanding person and actually... his Stannis is far more special and charismatic than Robert or Renley could ever be.

Such power, such inner light.

Born to be a leader. People admire him, they would really follow him anywhere and fought for him until the end.

I just love his work so much. He is always so convincing, committed, he becomes his characters and he can play any character. His performance in The Hours is one of the most beautiful performances I've seen in my life. And he has so little screentime as Stannis but he completely owns this role. He created an actual character with so little they gave him. I really hope they meant it when they said there will be more of him this season.

I like your blog too and I see you're looking forward to Gone Girl (movie) .Just finished reading the book,so I am too.

It strikes me Rosamund Pike would make a great Val of the Wildlings....

...see what I did there?

Thank you! Oh this film is gonna be great. I read the book and loved it so much I immediately read Flynn's other two novels (which are also getting adaptations) - they are not as good but they are really fantastic too. Pike is just gonna kill it in that role, what a fantastic choice for Amy. I've been rooting for her for years, it's great she is finally gonna have her big break, she should have been nominated left and right for her work in An Education.

She would, sadly Val probably won't be in it :( Would be a nice reunion for her and Stephen, though :)

BTW, I never posted that Stan picture here, it was sati to begin with. As for Val, if they were to cast her I'd think they use someone closer to Kit in age. Like Dominique McElligott, who I think would be great in the part. But yes, it's likely that's she's cut.

Seriously, people don't understand what big of a deal it is for his fans. He is outside. With people. Socializing. And there is photographic proof of this. I swear most of the time it's like he just descends on Earth to shoot his scenes and then poof! gone. I don't know if I can handle this if it's gonna be a regular thing, I'm still recovering from his scene in finale :lmao:

Your love for Dillane is admirable. I bet you'll enjoy season 5.

Though it would be difficult for Stannis to have less screentime in Season 5 than he did in Season 4. He may come close to his Season 4 screentime in the first few episodes, with the election and presumably offering Winterfell to Jon.

Though it would be difficult for Stannis to have less screentime in Season 5 than he did in Season 4. He may come close to his Season 4 screentime in the first few episodes, with the election and presumably offering Winterfell to Jon.

No way. He is now leeching off of Jon's storyline and he also has a battle to get to. I expect to see a whole lot of Stannis in the first half of the season and a decent amount in the second half (which would be his march and supposedly the battle).

Scenes that will definitely make it in some form:

-Stannis forcing an election and verbally bitchslapping Slynt

-Stannis treating with Jon about the Nightfort, the Wildlings and what have you

-Stannis nods approval while Jon beheads Slynt

-Stannis holds a war council and takes Jon's advice

-Stannis sets off and says his goodbyes to Selyse, Shireen and Melissandre

-Stannis arrives at Winterfell and sets up a siege

And that's without including a bunch of rather likely scenes:

-Stannis fighting Yara

-Stannis speaking with a captive Yara

-Stannis sends Davos on a mission (to White Harbor or the Umbers or what have you)

-Stannis speaks with Mance

-Stannis offers Jon Winterfell

-Stannis alone with Melisandre

-Stannis deals with Tycho and strikes a long term deal with the Iron Bank

-the Battle of Ice (and there is evidence that almost confirms this one)

That's a LOT more than season 4 where he basically had 5 scenes. And those scenes also pack more punch than those in season 4.

No way. He is now leeching off of Jon's storyline and he also has a battle to get to. I expect to see a whole lot of Stannis in the first half of the season and a decent amount in the second half (which would be his march and supposedly the battle).

Scenes that will definitely make it in some form:

-Stannis forcing an election and verbally bitchslapping Slynt

-Stannis treating with Jon about the Nightfort, the Wildlings and what have you

-Stannis nods approval while Jon beheads Slynt

-Stannis holds a war council and takes Jon's advice

-Stannis sets off and says his goodbyes to Selyse, Shireen and Melissandre

-Stannis arrives at Winterfell and sets up a siege

And that's without including a bunch of rather likely scenes:

-Stannis fighting Yara

-Stannis speaking with a captive Yara

-Stannis sends Davos on a mission (to White Harbor or the Umbers or what have you)

-Stannis speaks with Mance

-Stannis offers Jon Winterfell

-Stannis alone with Melisandre

-Stannis deals with Tycho and strikes a long term deal with the Iron Bank

-the Battle of Ice (and there is evidence that almost confirms this one)

That's a LOT more than season 4 where he basically had 5 scenes. And those scenes also pack more punch than those in season 4.

Battle of Ice in season 5 ?

What evidence ?

Please keep in mind that they referred to the attack outside of the cave of the 3EC as a battle. A battle doesn't necessarily mean armies will be involved. That is not to say we won't have the resolution to the Battle of Ice, but I wouldn't get hung up on the use of the word battle.

They do use the word "battle" loosely, so, yes, we shouldn't read too much into THAT. The fact that they expanded the sequence in the writing and had to shift to filming it in N.I. to make the shoot more manageable is suspicious however...

I think they could do the battle of ice in s5, like show the beginning of the battle but not the end, to make the Pink Letter as the truth, so the unsullied get really shocked and at the same time all hope is gone as Jon and Stannis are now dead. They have to show the pink letter and Jon Julio Cesar moment. But GoT has never ended the season on a total cliffhanger. Also I wont be able to include so many battles as what is going to happen in WOW, Battle of Ice, Battle of Slavers Bay, and possibly battle with WW,or some other big battle. So that makes it very expensive s6, so they could have battle of ice this season like I said show beginning of battle but not the end, then in same episode show Jon Cesar-ed. Then episode 10 show the aftermath. I just think it would end the season a little better for the NW and Stannis, Theon storyline. Unless they end the s5 for Stannis in a way like they did s3. But I could wrong

They do use the word "battle" loosely, so, yes, we shouldn't read too much into THAT. The fact that they expanded the sequence in the writing and had to shift to filming it in N.I. to make the shoot more manageable is suspicious however...

It's the ONLY thing they meant to shoot in Iceland this year. I doubt they'd go all the way to Iceland for a short, 2 minute Hardhome sequence or whatever else it could be. And yeah, while I doubt this battle will have nearly as much screentime as the last two big ones, I still think it's a full on battle.

Archived