Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

I think he appear in 2 or 3 episodes. A couple with Tyrion and the last episode when he lands in Westeros.

More like 3 or 4.

Still, I doubt we're getting all of these characters: Griff, Young Griff, Wyman Manderly, Jeyne Poole/her replacement, Green Grace

At least a couple would have been leaked out by now. There's a chance all of them are cut, but I'll not even consider it for now since it'd be a crazy decision to just scrap all of them.

i don't think its too hard to introduce a second sellsword as there are many in the books to choose from

But i actually like the idea of Daario betraying Dany (replacing brown ben plumm) but then being turned by Tyrion later on

Well going by book Daario's personality I would like that version more.

But show Daario has been set up as genuinely dedicated to Dany and simply her marrying Hizdahr in a political marriage doesn't seem like enough to get him to flip. So I see it as more likely that show Daario dies.

Maybe he wants to free the dragons so he can ride one to go find her.

i don't think its too hard to introduce a second sellsword as there are many in the books to choose from

But i actually like the idea of Daario betraying Dany (replacing brown ben plumm) but then being turned by Tyrion later on

Darioo betrays Dany and it turns out that Jorah was right about Darioo so Dany forgives Jorah. It would be nice to see Dany and Jorah together again.

That, or they already are the troops that Stannis brought with him to the wall. I've seen people who believe it. I don't bother to speculate, based on what?? D&D rarely prepare stuff in advance with more than a couple of episodes in mind. That's probably smart on such a complicated show. They could have just mentioned them as an Easter Egg for book readers and nothing more, it's not worth the time to guess at the moment.

The Iron Bank was mentioned a couple of times in season 3 and were expanded on in season 4.

Stannis was mentioned a couple of times in season 1 and was expanded on in season 2.

Mance was mentioned multiple times in season 2 only to appear in season 3.

The Sand Snakes were mentioned once in season 4 and are coming in season 5.

Doran was mentioned twice in season 4 and is coming in season 5.

The Golden Company was mentioned twice in season 4.

More like 3 or 4.

Still, I doubt we're getting all of these characters: Griff, Young Griff, Wyman Manderly, Jeyne Poole/her replacement, Green Grace

At least a couple would have been leaked out by now. There's a chance all of them are cut, but I'll not even consider it for now since it'd be a crazy decision to just scrap all of them.

Well of that list the Green Grace is most likely reduced to almost nothing. Just a wedding scene.

There will be no casting leaks whatsoever on the Griffs at any point because it is a hugely important storyline to keep out of the press. More likely in than out though. I would predict that JonCon will be modified to be the leader of the Golden Company.

fArya seems necessary to me, but IMO will be merged with Alys Karstark, and the Karstarks will be Bolton's allies inside Winterfell. Manderly is loved and there does need to be SOMEONE directing the guerrilla resistance inside Winterfell. So...

Well of that list the Green Grace is most likely reduced to almost nothing. Just a wedding scene.

There will be no casting leaks whatsoever on the Griffs at any point because it is a hugely important storyline to keep out of the press. More likely in than out though. I would predict that JonCon will be modified to be the leader of the Golden Company.

fArya seems necessary to me. Manderly is loved and there does need to be SOMEONE directing the guerrilla resistance inside Winterfell. So...

The Green Grace is in much more than just a wedding scene in the books, she becomes one of Dany's main advisors and she's the Harpy. It'd be rather pointless to cast her just for a wedding scene.

And as for the Griffs being purposefully hidden... I half agree that they are most likely to make it, but it's odd that they didn't appear in the leaked casting sheet when the casting sheet included Imogen which is actually fake Cersei. Why not rename Young Griff in the sheet?

And both of the last two seem extremely necessary to me too. But look at Arianne. She should be an example to prove that anyone can be cut in the show.

The Green Grace is in much more than just a wedding scene in the books, she becomes one of Dany's main advisors and she's the Harpy. It'd be rather pointless to cast her just for a wedding scene.

And as for the Griffs being purposefully hidden... I half agree that they are most likely to make it, but it's odd that they didn't appear in the leaked casting sheet when the casting sheet included Imogen which is actually fake Cersei. Why not rename Young Griff in the sheet?

And both of the last two seem extremely necessary to me too. But look at Arianne. She should be an example to prove that anyone can be cut in the show.

I don't think we have confirmation she is the Harpy?

I know she was important in the books, but given the lack of casting info, I would count her out of any significant role in the show. There is no reason to keep the Green Grace casting secret. The Griff's are different - there there is a reason, particularly if the actors chosen are well known.

The reason the Northern casting info isn't out yet, meanwhile, is that filming will take place much later.

I'm wishing that anytime I refresh WotW I'll see a leaked casting call for the Northern arc.

It could be, alongside the Wall, the highlight of next season, we really need new names there.

And I'd actually love to get the Green Grace, one of the only characters of Meereen that really made a distinctive impression.

I don't think we have confirmation she is the Harpy?

I know she was important in the books, but given the lack of casting info, I would count her out of any significant role in the show. There is no reason to keep the Green Grace casting secret. The Griff's are different - there there is a reason, particularly if the actors chosen are well known.

The reason the Northern casting info isn't out yet, meanwhile, is that filming will take place much later.

I think the fandom might be slightly dellusional when it comes to future castings. I sincerely hope they are casting the North separately, but that might just be wishful thinking.

I wonder if there's any hint that filming for the Tyrion storyline is being done. Seeing as Jorah was spotted in Belfast and Yezzan was cast and revealed early, I'd say that they are probably shooting the second half of Tyrion's arc right now (the slave part) to fit around Yezzan's schedule.

I think the second we start hearing about Varys sightings, we should be on the lookout for the Griffs.

I think the fandom might be slightly dellusional when it comes to future castings. I sincerely hope they are casting the North separately, but that might just be wishful thinking.

I wonder if there's any hint that filming for the Tyrion storyline is being done. Seeing as Jorah was spotted in Belfast and Yezzan was cast and revealed early, I'd say that they are probably shooting the second half of Tyrion's arc right now (the slave part) to fit around Yezzan's schedule.

I think the second we start hearing about Varys sightings, we should be on the lookout for the Griffs.

Well there need to be a few at least in the North who have not been announced, otherwise the Boltons will just be talking to themselves inside Winterfell and have no internal resistance. Not much of a story there without a small handful of characters.

I'm not sure about past years, but do we usually know when the filming ends on each location? Because it seems filming on Meereen is going to start soon, but as long as it is going on, the Green Grace and Shavepate might appear. Once it's done, though, I will fear we lost them (which would be a huge loss to Dany's arc IMO)

Btw, do we know if Doran Martell or any of the Dornish characters are making it to the main cast? I could see it happening, seems they'll be a major focus this season (even more than in the books)

Well there need to be a few at least in the North who have not been announced, otherwise the Boltons will just be talking to themselves inside Winterfell and have no internal resistance. Not much of a story there without a small handful of characters.

Well, I fear this will happen. Have the Boltons the undisputed lords of Winterfell until Stannis shows up.

That's something I wouldnt forgive to the show though, since the Winterfell arc in Dance is among the best moments of the entire story.

Well, I fear this will happen. Have the Boltons the undisputed lords of Winterfell until Stannis shows up.

That's something I wouldnt forgive to the show though, since the Winterfell arc in Dance is among the best moments of the entire story.

I don't see them doing that. The action inside Winterfell is just too juicy and would be great TV.

I'm not sure about past years, but do we usually know when the filming ends on each location? Because it seems filming on Meereen is going to start soon, but as long as it is going on, the Green Grace and Shavepate might appear. Once it's done, though, I will fear we lost them (which would be a huge loss to Dany's arc IMO)

Btw, do we know if Doran Martell or any of the Dornish characters are making it to the main cast? I could see it happening, seems they'll be a major focus this season (even more than in the books)

Doran maybe but i dont think so , season 6 it's more likely. Indira Varma who plays Ellaria can make it.

Well going by book Daario's personality I would like that version more.

But show Daario has been set up as genuinely dedicated to Dany and simply her marrying Hizdahr in a political marriage doesn't seem like enough to get him to flip. So I see it as more likely that show Daario dies.

Maybe he wants to free the dragons so he can ride one to go find her.

I disagree about show Daario being set up as truly dedicated to her. So far she has been a conquest for him, they're relationship is less about love than it was in the books. I'm not feeling it, it seems like pure lust to me.

Darioo betrays Dany and it turns out that Jorah was right about Darioo so Dany forgives Jorah. It would be nice to see Dany and Jorah together again.

I doubt we will get a Dany-Jorah reunion-not just yet at least!

I doubt they will bring more mercenary troops into the Mereenese story when it is less confusing and more exciting to have one mercenary troop with shifting loyalty. I think the big question is whether Dario betrays Dany or his men betray him.

Dany trying to figure out what to do with the Pale Mare was a compelling moment in the book. It is similar to the other moral dilemmas she faces in Mereen, but the stakes were so high, and Dany choosing to risk getting infected made me respect her heart, if not always her brain. And it forces Dany to define herself as a "this is a line I will not cross" person rather than a "greater good" person. And it gets Dany out of that Throne room. But I could see it being skipped.

Archived