Big Bang Theory 8: those who are pitied, along with those who are kissed

Datepalm

I liked Kaley's new hair cut. And it could go with a neat Penny storyline. She gets a profession. Or the fortune teller. Predicting that Penny will succeed as an actor if she cut her hair. Either one works with the new look.

Also I saw her in a few different interviews sporting the new style. Before the show started. So it wasn't a shock or distraction for me.

I love that Howard is getting to prove his intellectual metal against Sheldon. I've never found Sheldon putting Howard down for being an engineer funny. In character, yes. Funny, no. I'm hoping this changes things. Howard seems to like Sheldon and has even admitted (grudgingly) that he missed him.

And Raj was spiralling down into some manic patheticness. In these episodes he has been much more enjoyable to watch. Even giving Howard a good natured ribbing. It was fun to see that version of Raj back again.

I thought the first one was kinda meh, the second one was better. (Sheldon's fake out about sex with Amy did make my jaw drop though.) Howard taking Sheldon's class was very mensch of him, and, as always, more than Sheldon deserves. I liked the interaction between Leonard and Amy too, a kind of grudging friendship where they sympathize with each other without precisely being great buddies. Dunno that Amy needed a commeuppance there - or, rather, if she did than everyone did. No one was really right as such in any of the situations - Bernadette was being a bully, Penny was being a flake, she got the job because she's a flake and Bernadette is a bully.

I thought the first one was kinda meh, the second one was better. (Sheldon's fake out about sex with Amy did make my jaw drop though.) Howard taking Sheldon's class was very mensch of him, and, as always, more than Sheldon deserves. I liked the interaction between Leonard and Amy too, a kind of grudging friendship where they sympathize with each other without precisely being great buddies. Dunno that Amy needed a commeuppance there - or, rather, if she did than everyone did. No one was really right as such in any of the situations - Bernadette was being a bully, Penny was being a flake, she got the job because she's a flake and Bernadette is a bully.

That was pretty awesome. Liked the first two episodes, thought this weeks was pretty lame. My wife thinks Penny's haircut is cute, I think she is a couple years late for her Great Gatsby audition (hence I hate it).

Loved it! Poor Howard. And "blind infatuation was the rock this marriage was to be based on!"

Also, watching on a terrible stuttering feed with our terrible internet highlights how much rhythm matters.

Something is missing here... Beside that jaw dropping moment, after which I was surprised Lenard didn't crash that car in some nearby tree, everything else was, not even bad, but plainly ordinary. And in comedy, I feel that is like the worst thing. It's basically dull. I felt like Downton Abbey is more vibrant this year.

So, I hope Shamy will do the deed, otherwise this season might end up being completely boring.

Also, watching on a terrible stuttering feed with our terrible internet highlights how much rhythm matters.

I sympathize with you... Three months on bad internet, and trying to be in contact with the world was a nightmare. God bless my internet provider :)

So, I hope Shamy will do the deed, otherwise this season might end up being completely boring

Chuck Lorre has said before that Sheldon will never have a sex life but given the occasional step forward Sheldon has taken forward with Amy it would be inevitable that sooner or later he experiments with "coitus". Which of course would result in his mind being so blown that he would have to run back to TX.

The only thing I've genuinely laughed at this entire season was the bit with the van and luring kids with candy. To echo Mladen, I laugh more while watching Downton Abbey. What happened to the Big Bang of Season 1?

I think this qualifies as a complaint thread.

This season has been pretty dull. I hope Amy leaves Sheldon and we get to see her in a real relationship with Sheldon eternally perplexed as to what he did wrong.

Agree with you Scot, that would be an interesting plotline at least.

Archived