Dark Horse Reveals New Game of Thrones Figure

Westeros

San Diego Comic Con is in full swing, and today will see the now-traditional Game of Thrones panel featuring a bevy of cast and crew, including GRRM himself, all hosted by Craig Ferguson (if only Geoff Peterson could co-host…!) But there’s a lot more going on at the convention that’s Game of Thrones related as the biggest comic and media convention in the U.S. gets rolling. A number of licensed creators, including Funko, Insight, and more are also present… and so, too, is Dark Horse.

DH_Tywin_01.jpg

Among the SDCC exclusive premieres taking place from Dark Horse—including a Lannister shield plaque and Bolton map marker (more abou those later), they’re unveiling a new deluxe figure, this time depicting (the late) Tywin Lannister looking as stern and aristocratic as ever. Here’s what Dark Horse has to say about the release:

Tywin Lannister has ruthlessly schemed his way into power in the HBO adaptation of Game of Thrones, and he has not stopped there. Using a behind-the-scenes campaign of intimidation and guile, he has also secured a place in the upcoming group of detailed collectable Game of Thrones figures produced by Dark Horse Comics.

âWe just couldnât say ânoâ to Tywin,â Dark Horse product development head David Scroggy remarked, âIt didnât seem like a smart idea to deny him.â

Exclusively revealed on social media by HBO on Preview Night of San Diego Comic-Con, the figure prototype is featured at the Dark Horse boothâs upcoming products display.

The Tywin Lannister figure joins on ongoing series of non-articulated deluxe figures of characters from the popular series. Debuting in January 2014, the ongoing range will continue through 2015.

The Tywin Lannister figure measures approximately 8â tall on his base. It will be packaged in a full-color window-box package.

Scheduled on-sale date is March 11, 2015, which will make the figure available in-store just ahead of the new season premiere of Game of Thrones.

A litlte bird tells us that Tywin is just the first in a new series of deluxe figures from Dark Horse, but more on that in weeks to come.

If you’re at SDCC, make sure to drop by Dark Horse’s booth, #2615, and get a closer look at the Tywin figure and everything else they have on display!

Visit the Site!

I have all of the Dark Horse GOT figures so far, and plan on buying them all.

I decided to go with the DH line and passed on the Funko Legacy. I care nothing for articulation since I just display them on shelves and the poses they have are great. Once you make peace with no articulation, there is no comparison. The DH line is SO much better than the shoddy sculpts and paint apps on the Legacy figures. Hold up the two Neds or Jons side by side and see for yourselves.

Anyway, I can't wait for this Tywin figure, he looks amazing. I'd guess that he's part of another 5 figure wave that will be dribbled out like the previous waves. If so, I'd REALLY like to know what the other figures are going to be. After I get Arya, Robb, Jaime, Cersei, and the Other in August and September, it's going to be a long wait.

That's it? I've seen GOT figures at Comic Con for hundreds of dollars.

Dark Horse has a line of GOT figurines (the 24.99 ones) and they also have a line of statues. The statues tend to be in similar poses as their figurine counterparts. They're porcelain and go for around 300 bucks. They've got Jon, Tyrion, Arya, in the fully sculpted line. And they have busts too.

It might be the statues that you saw and because they look so much like the figurines, you thought they were the same?

Also, with the Tywin figure, the Lannisters will be the first family completed in their line. I'm not counting Kevan or Lancel, just the main Lannister family members. I would have thought that the Starks would have been done first; they have Sansa, Bran and Rickon to go, and Cat.

Maybe it's just not feasible that a Rickon figure will be made, which would be a shame if DH does the others and leaves him out.

Dark Horse has a line of GOT figurines (the 24.99 ones) and they also have a line of statues. The statues tend to be in similar poses as their figurine counterparts. They're porcelain and go for around 300 bucks. They've got Jon, Tyrion, Arya, in the fully sculpted line. And they have busts too.

It might be the statues that you saw and because they look so much like the figurines, you thought they were the same?

That's exactly what it was, the statues. Thanks for the info. I want one!

The Jon statue comes with Ghost, the figurine does not. I had to get a wolf toy that was in scale and had it painted, and it came out amazing. I'm sure I'll end up doing that for the other five direwolves by the end.

This is better. It's a link to Dark Horse's site and specifically their product line. I put the search parameters in so that the GOT product is all there with thumbnails of everything, including release dates and suggested retails. This stuff is all orderable through Diamond Distribution at your local comic shop.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Products/Browse/January+1986-December+2015---G-H/P5wfwkt8

That does look cool. I can't see the detail on the face well enough (he looks like he has the dead sunken eye holes of a months-dead zombie), but the stance and clothing is perfect.

Thanks for the link Big Daddy, while on the page I saw this http://www.darkhorse.com/Products/23-035/Game-of-Thrones-Weirwood-Snow-Globe . Now I just have to figure out how I can get a research body to fund my purchase of it...

Archived