GoT: Season 5 – New Cast Members (Comic Con)

Prince_Snow

Yeah, it's kind of like Oberyn going, "man, Dorne is totally different from this stupid place. We like bastards and everyone can have sex with everyone and it's awesome and there are spicy foods and stuff!"

"Oh, that's cool. Do daughters inherit or anything?"

"Oh god! God, no! What are you thinking? We're progressive, but we're not stupid. Letting women rule. Jeez."

That's pretty much the message I'll get if Arianne isn't heir. :lol:

If Arianne doesn't exist, she's not not heir because Dornish law doesn't allow it, but because she doesn't exist.

Well, what I was afraid came to pass, it seems. Form me it´s ironic, becouse I consider Arianne the most interesting character in the Dorne, although I can´t say the same thing about her story. On the other hand, SS in the books seem to be pretty generic, but I guess they will be more charismatic and continuing Oberyn´s line. BTW, John M W, one of the users on Winter is Coming commented there is a potential discrepency, as Myrcella was already said to be bethored to YOUNGEST son of Prince.

I agree completely, but as a sidenote: I found it kinda "funny" one of the most sexualized shows on tv didnt cast the most sexual character in the books. But anyway, what was the point in pointing out to everyone Dorne was different JUST to have them be pretty much the same?

Your signature is HILARIOUS

Jonathan Pryce? Awesome...

I squealed with delight when I saw him in that trailer. This is going to be spectacular!

Did they say or announce somewhere that those were the only new cast members? It might have just been a teaser, or it omitted potential guest star appearances for the Greyjoy Bros and Mando. It still could be possible.

In the panel as well as in the official HBO announcement, they said that these were some of the new characters, i. e. not all of them. So no reason to panic just yet.

To everyone freaking out about the Northern characters: this is a partial casting announcement. They are filming the Northern stuff later in the year (which makes sense, with the winter coming, snow and all). Obviously, they will need to cast some characters there, and it's a big part of the upcoming season. This casting announcement together about the earlier casting call was just about King's Landing, Meereen and Dorne.

I agree. Given that almost all of the Iron Islands and the North takes place in the beginning of winter, it would make sense for them to shoot those scenes later in the year and use that remaining time to finish their casting.

I'm thinking Trystane is heir because they've dropped Dornish female succession. Why else would they have changed it to Doran's father, instead of his mother, ruling before him?

As far as Arianne goes, I'm rather more concerned about the information that Nym now has a whip, and Tyene has daggers. That means Obara has...what? More sex? Ok, maybe she's getting Tyene's poison, but if they've merged Arianne with anybody I'm betting it's Obara.

There will be more casting news, so I'm far from panicking. I wouldn't be surprised if Aegon is in but they keep the casting for him quiet until the last possible minute.

I'm thinking Trystane is heir because they've dropped Dornish female succession. Why else would they have changed it to Doran's father, instead of his mother, ruling before him?

But if they've dropped female succession then they can't claim the throne for Myrcella by Dornish law. Maybe they dropped it until now so they can explain it properly in season 5.

As far as Arianne goes, I'm rather more concerned about the information that Nym now has a whip, and Tyene has daggers. That means Obara has...what? More sex? Ok, maybe she's getting Tyene's poison, but if they've merged Arianne with anybody I'm betting it's Obara.

There will be more casting news, so I'm far from panicking. I wouldn't be surprised if Aegon is in but they keep the casting for him quiet until the last possible minute.

There might be more casting news but these are the big ones, theres no arianne or greyjoys. Why cant book readers accept it?

Easily solved.

BOOK Quentyn - DEAD.

TV - Daario or Trystane or The Yunkai or the harpy release the dragons.

BOOK Victarion - Killed in battle of Meereen. Or via horn.

TV - Daario gives Dany ships. OR Daario = Euron. Or Varys helps out Dany. Or Asha replaces Vic. Dany still gets a fleet.

BOOK Arianne - Dies in TWOW.

TV - Ellaria Sand or one of the Sands meets Aegon instead. Or Aegon was never meant to marry Arianne. Aegon marries Sansa instead. Aegon is fake & killed, so cut. Aegon comes in S6.

Book Damphair - Euron kills him.

TV - No Kingsmoot. Balon survives. Euron takes the throne and everyone accepts. Euron is Daario.

Or Euron replaces Vic. Euron is revealed in S6 Instead.

BOOK Jon Con - Dying, will die in TWOW OR ADOS

TV - Aegon does it on his own, Varys or Illyrio replace Jon. Aegon still manages to take Storms End.

There are so many ALTERNATIVE possibilities. And none of these POV characters are essential to the final endgame.

Starks + Dany , Jon, Tyrion are the final 6. Everything else can be adjusted or changed in a major way.

Even the main characters have changed arcs. Sansa has already outed self to Vale spoiling TWOW significantly. Tyrion doesnt hate Jaime & Tysha is essentially cut.

And as we know it ends in 7 seasons, we should be ready for more & more changes now.

Right, because Euron = Daario is not completely ridiculous, and making Sansa marry fAegon would be a minor change, what with her being such a minor, unimportant character. :rolleyes:

There is no reason to panick about dropped Dornish succesion rules yet. Qeenmaker plot itself establish that clearly enough.

About snakes weapons, from leaked auditions its clear Tyene will have poisoned daggers, Nym will have a whip and Obara will use a spear. Sex will be most likely done by Tyene, since she is supposed to be seductive in the show. Obara could only take over Arianne role if Trystane will be merged with Quentin and die, which would open the way for her to become the heir of Dorne. But that will only happen if Aegon is in, which seem doubtfull now. Without Aegon there is no need for female heir of Dorne.

Easily solved. (Not Really)

BOOK Quentyn - DEAD. (he could easily be alive and Drink is just a fucking liar)

TV - Daario or Trystane or The Yunkai or the harpy release the dragons. (why is Trystane seeking Dany when he's got Myrcella)

BOOK Victarion - Killed in battle of Meereen. Or via horn. (Woah woah woah. Stop right there)

TV - Daario gives Dany ships. (correct) OR Daario = Euron. Or Varys helps out Dany. Or Asha replaces Vic. Dany still gets a fleet. (Daario is not Euron!)

BOOK Arianne - Dies in TWOW. (correct)

TV - Ellaria Sand or one of the Sands meets Aegon instead. Or Aegon was never meant to marry Arianne. Aegon marries Sansa instead. Aegon is fake & killed, so cut. Aegon comes in S6. (so Aegon is supposed to be enticed by a bastard of a second son? That's silly)

Book Damphair - Euron kills him. (likely correct)

TV - No Kingsmoot. Balon survives. Euron takes the throne and everyone accepts. Euron is Daario. (Please stop!)

Or Euron replaces Vic. Euron is revealed in S6 Instead.

BOOK Jon Con - Dying, will die in TWOW OR ADOS (You sir, are the fucking devil)

TV - Aegon does it on his own, Varys or Illyrio replace Jon. Aegon still manages to take Storms End.

There are so many ALTERNATIVE possibilities. And none of these POV characters are essential to the final endgame.

Starks + Dany , Jon, Tyrion are the final 6. Everything else can be adjusted or changed in a major way.

Even the main characters have changed arcs. Sansa has already outed self to Vale spoiling TWOW significantly. Tyrion doesnt hate Jaime & Tysha is essentially cut.

And as we know it ends in 7 seasons, we should be ready for more & more changes now. ​(HBO announced a likely 8th season)

Lock your shit up!

Archived