No Arianne Martell?

lyannaisalive

I think this is one of them, the one Dornish Vinegar was talking about maybe. I know he's mentioned it before, but not sure when.

ETA: Here's another quote from him about it:

You know, when on your actors say what you doing to a actor he is blaming is BS, you know you FU.

• 4 months later...

Three sand snakes! At least three garanteed female nudity scenes next season! This must be the greatest Tv show ever!

Seriously, what makes Dorne diferent from the rest of the 7K?

Female inheritance. Without female inheritance, Dorne would be like Saudi Arabia. Female sexual freedom is predicated on women having economic power. By removing Dorne's equal primogeniture and legal equality, Dornish sexual freedom becomes impossible.

Female inheritance. Without female inheritance, Dorne would be like Saudi Arabia. Female sexual freedom is predicated on women having economic power. By removing Dorne's equal primogeniture and legal equality, Dornish sexual freedom becomes impossible.

That is not completely true. Gender equality comes with industrialized national states. And even than it was difficult process, two Worlds Wars really helped to speed it up. It does not really exist in different type of societies. Pakistan had female leader, and female rights are still non-existent there. Prorok Muhammad´s wife had an economic power and yet female rights were even worse for women in Arabia before Islam. I doubt Egyptian women during reign of Cleopatra had many rights. Female leadership is overrated, what really matters is how common women are treated.

Dorne is still an absolutistic monarchy and its gender neutral inheritence rules does not change that much. Spotted Sylva had no choice then to marry whoever Doran decided for her. Arianne herself does not really have much choice who to marry. What make Dorne different is more relaxed attitude to the traditional patriarchal values. Open sexuality, how bastards are treated, the way how Arianne and Sand Snakes talk to Doran, how even a servant as Daemon Sand talks to Arianne etc. It is a mix of modern behavior and a medieval society, what make Dorne different. Elsewhere a medieval society goes with a medieval behavior.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ridiculous decision not to include her in the show. She is pretty important character!

And all so that the Sand Snakes and Trystane will have more to do. Zzzzzzz

Spot on.

I only got into the books because of the series and now they are butchering it.

Arianne and Dorne policy of Female inheritance is vitally important. It shows a different culture and their sexually liberal attitudes and her alliance to the Targaryens needs to be told. They could easily cut out some of the sandsnakes.

Will there even be an Aegon? He could be the Perkin Warbeck or Henry 7th of the whole tale.

No Euron by the looks of things, what a waste of a great character.

ASOIAF is like a historical novel and real life is complicated. If it seems complicated it the viewers, so be it. The show should aim to be one of the greatest shows ever made. The Wire and Breaking Bad didn’t compromise themselves to appeal to a focus group audience. In fact most audiences are smart enough to get the story and if the story is good, there will be repeat viewings to understand the story.

If you look around Facebook and Youtube a LOT of people aren't happy with cuts, fanfic and dumbing down the story. This season will be a very controversial one and could start to bring the popularity of the show way down, or at least the general positive feelings book fans have towards it.

Season 5 is going to be massive. For every purist that leaves/whines there will be 5 times as many show only people hopping on board.

^No doubt it will be huge, GOT is getting bigger every season but whining about a multi million company doing an awful job at adapting a fixed script should not happen.

Any time something gets adapted, there will be people who complain. That is just the way the world works.

Season 5 is going to be massive. For every purist that leaves/whines there will be 5 times as many show only people hopping on board.

had you actually read the books i'm 98% sure you would find as least some of the changes from season 4 onward to be big mistakes. probably even before season 4.

If you look around Facebook and Youtube a LOT of people aren't happy with cuts, fanfic and dumbing down the story. This season will be a very controversial one and could start to bring the popularity of the show way down, or at least the general positive feelings book fans have towards it.

If book fans want to get upset over changes to book 4 and 5 so be it

I was not a fan of the last 2 books so I can care less what HBO decides to cut or change

I just hope season 5 won't put me to sleep like reading a feast for crows did lol

Archived