GRRM drops everything to write TWOW

TheOldWolf

GRRM said at Comic-Con that he would not write an episode for Season 5 because he is going to be writing TWOW instead he also will not make a trip to the Set of Season 5 because he is going to be working more on TWOW.

It seems he's really making an effort to write more.

I think we may get it in 2015

Not that I would actually wager that he will stay ahead of the show, but I've been saying all along that people who say it's certain the show will pass him - and a lot of people say that - are forgetting how much TV writing this guy has done. He is accustomed to meeting deadlines.

Not that I would actually wager that he will stay ahead of the show, but I've been saying all along that people who say it's certain the show will pass him - and a lot of people say that - are forgetting how much TV writing this guy has done. He is accustomed to meeting deadlines.

Except A Game of Thrones came out in 1996, the TV show first aired in 2011 and is already touching on Feast and Dance material.

Friends, instead of being negative, let's take the time to thank George for dedicating his time to writing The Winds of Winter. He didn't have to do this. He could have taken more trips, attended more conventions, and written an episode for season 5, but he didn't. Yet, of course, we're already bickering about how much time he has "wasted" doing other things. We should be very, very thankful.

Friends, instead of being negative, let's take the time to thank George for dedicating his time to writing The Winds of Winter. He didn't have to do this. He could have taken more trips, attended more conventions, and written an episode for season 5, but he didn't. Yet, of course, we're already bickering about how much time he has "wasted" doing other things. We should be very, very thankful.

:cheers:

Except A Game of Thrones came out in 1996, the TV show first aired in 2011 and is already touching on Feast and Dance material.

He hasn't had a real deadline until now. The show passing him is a real deadline. Otherwise, you can get around to a novel whenever. Some people, like me, for example, don't tend to get much done when the deadline is "whenever."

Agreed. GRRM is finally doing what so many have wanted him to do and focusing solely on TWOW. And with TWOIAF coming out this fall I'm optimistic that the wait for TWOW won't seem so long.

Archived