2nd Dance - Alternatives

Hippocras

We know there will be a second dance of dragons from Teora Torland's dream. Most people assume this will be a fight between Daenerys and Aegon, but GRRM has said this need not be the case.

What alternative scenarios do people propose for this second "dance"?

Danny and FAegon could be the façade but the real dancers will be Barristan and JonCon :smug:

You just had to get JonCon in there eh? ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of different contestants.

1. Stannis and his stone dragon versus Euron's giant Kraken.

2. Euron versus a huge stone griffin.

3. Tommen versus Myrcella.

4. Stannis versus Dany.

What version makes most sense to y'all.

It could be a battle between fire and ice dragons, or between Rhaegal, Viserion and a wightified Drogon. Or possibly all of Dany's dragons and a wightified Sheepstealer or Cannibal.

You just had to get JonCon in there eh? ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of different contestants.

1. Stannis and his stone dragon versus Euron's giant Kraken.

2. Euron versus a huge stone griffin.

3. Tommen versus Myrcella.

4. Stannis versus Dany.

What version makes most sense to y'all.

Well JonCon is for now, the closest thing to kin that FAegon has.

I believe that the Dance have to include dragons so Arianne vs Dany. The cousins' war Westeros style.

It could be a battle between fire and ice dragons, or between Rhaegal, Viserion and a wightified Drogon. Or possibly all of Dany's dragons and a wightified Sheepstealer or Cannibal.

Why Sheepstealer has to become a wight? I like that idea tho.

Maybe it's the Fire dragons vs Ice dragons.

The SSM stating as much goes back before ADwD - i.e. before we got confirmation that there was a rival claimant (Aegon), and he was also explicitly referring to the fact that this war has not to refer to Dany's invasion. Now it's pretty clear what the Second Dance is going to be - a war/struggle for supremacy between Aegon and Daenerys.

I don't think Aegon will meet much opposition during his campaign - at least not in the South. And the North cannot muster the strength (yet) to challenge his claim. Most likely not enough opposition to compare the war to the historical Dance to name it 'The Second Dance of the Dragons'.

I think Moqorro listed all the dragons that will fight in the next Dance, he just didn't name any of them (of course). Dany vs Aegon will just be a portion of a larger conflict. I see Dany, Aegon and even Bloodraven throwing in. I honestly hope Jon gets in on this too. In fact, I hope Aegon is fake and Jon is a trueborn Targaryen and it's primarily Jon vs Aegon.

He might not have designs for the throne but Aegon is pretending to be his brother and that's not cool. It's be somewhat disappointing if the second Dance was practically the same as the first (even down to the usurper being named Aegon).

Speaking of... Dany didn't just see a mummer's dragon, she also dreamed if fighting "the usurper" armored in ice on the trident.

Why Sheepstealer has to become a wight? I like that idea tho.

Well nobody knows where they went, it's possible they flew north and eventually encountered the others. Baring some sort of hibernation I don't think Sheapsteeler or the Cannibal could still be alive in the time of the main series. (Balerion died around the age of 200, presumably from old age though possibly he had some illness.) But if one or both of them encountered the others and were turned to wights, they could still be around.

I think Moqorro listed all the dragons that will fight in the next Dance, he just didn't name any of them (of course). Dany vs Aegon will just be a portion of a larger conflict. I see Dany, Aegon and even Bloodraven throwing in. I honestly hope Jon gets in on this too. In fact, I hope Aegon is fake and Jon is a trueborn Targaryen and it's primarily Jon vs Aegon.

He might not have designs for the throne but Aegon is pretending to be his brother and that's not cool.

Jon versus Aegon is very interesting and possible.

Whatever the Second Dance will be, I really expect more actual dragons in that one - either because some dragons have survived (in hibernation/woken from stone), or have already hatched offscreen (with Dany's dragons back into the world, other ancient dragon eggs could hatch, too).

In addition, there could be wightified dragons - not necessarily Targaryen dragons, but some of the ancient dragons who supposedly lived in Westeros at the dawn of time. The Others could make them wights just as the wightify other dead animals.

Ice dragons could also come into the fold - a species of dragons ridden by the Others.

if only one faction in the Second Dance of the Dragons had actual dragons, the war would most likely not be called the Second Dance of the Dragons.

He might not have designs for the throne but Aegon is pretending to be his brother and that's not cool. It's be somewhat disappointing if the second Dance was practically the same as the first (even down to the usurper being named Aegon).

Speaking of... Dany didn't just see a mummer's dragon, she also dreamed if fighting "the usurper" armored in ice on the trident.

I like this idea. Bloodraven and Bran influencing events in the 7 Kingdoms could lead to tie-ins between currently unconnected arcs. What is the list of dragons again? Bright, dark, young, old, true, false, Tyrion snarling in the middle? What would you say each represents? IMO it would be: Aegon (false), Dany (true), BR (old), Jon (young?) bright (?) dark (?) (would need to think on this more actually) with Tyrion being something of a catalyst in the conflict?

Perhaps the Dance will be between a great stone dragon and and Dany's. The real question is, who will have the Stone dragon? Euron and/or Victarion or Stannis? Who knows maybe a dragon dies and is risen again as a wight, making it truly A Song of Ice and Fire. I think Aegon is in fact the mummers dragon, but because he is Varys' (a mummer) pawn doesn't mean he is false. He can still be the Mummers Dragon in a more literal sense than metaphorical. Now I don't believe this, I think he's fAegon for sure but its a possibility

Aegon (false), Dany (true), BR (old), Jon (young?) bright (?) dark (?) (would need to think on this more actually) with Tyrion being something of a catalyst in the conflict?

I like this. Perhaps some Baratheons or Martells for bright and dark?

I like this. Perhaps some Baratheons or Martells for bright and dark?

:dunno:

I wasn't really sure about those that I put down. The only part I feel reasonably sure about is Tyrion being something of a catalyst for the conflict, as to an extent he already has been, planting the seeds in Aegon's mind not to be the pliant Prince and go to Dany a beggar. If he continues to act like that it would fit with my belief

Archived