Manhattan [SPOILERS - eventually]

RedEyedGhost

Anybody else watch tonight? This is WGN's second venture into scripted television, after Salem which fell apart in the middle of the season. I enjoyed the acting and casting quite a bit, and liked the set up for a lot of the plot lines. I'm very interested to see how the season progresses, and hopefully it will end better than Salem did.

Alan Sepinwall's spoiler-free review of the first two episodes.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about "Manhattan" at this point. But I like the cast (Schlamme's old "West Wing" pal Richard Schiff has a great guest turn in episode 2) and love the setting and what Shaw and Schlamme do with it. And the production as a whole is such a huge leap forward from "Salem" that I simply wanted to give WGN an attaboy for setting its sights so much higher the second time around.

Ok. Finally caught up. I don't know how you continue beyond the building of the bomb.

I looked for the next episode to tape, but it didn't show on WGN. If they're only showing it on WGN America, well that's not good for me.

• 1 month later...

I've been lagging behind on this, but finally got caught up on Friday. Episode 6 was fantastic. Winter calling around to find who was actually in charge of medical had exactly the expected result :lol:

I'm finishing up The Pacific right now and the guy who play Charlie Isaacs was the Lieutenant that told Sledge and crew about the bomb that was dropped on the Japanese mainland that vaporized an entire city.

Archived