Where is The Black Fish?

Mustang01gt

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much this, though I'd add that in terms of duty Robb's last orders to the Blackfish were to appoint him Warden of the Southern Marches (that is, points south of Riverrun) and guardian of Queen Jeyne.

Add to that

George's apparent statement at SDCC that Jeyne will be in TWoW prologue, and I'm pretty certain the attack on Forley Prester's force is happening then. In fact I'd not be surprised if FP is the prologue PoV

Anyway, but the spoiler-y stuff, I've written much more in detail on the how and why here

Robb had even created him a new title, Warden of the Southern Marches. Ser Brynden would hold the Trident if any man could.

Catelyn V, Storm

Family, Duty, Honor

Brynden Tully's nephew and liege lord should come first. At the end of Feast, we discovered that the Botherhood without Banners had a plant in occupied Riverrun and Jaime discovered that Edmure allowed Brynden to escape before Jaime sent Edmure to Casterly Rock, along with Jeyne. Then we got one more chapter from Jaime in Dance when he linked up with Brienne. I have a feeling Brynden has already hit Forley's detchment and that we'll find out what happened early in Winds.

Is Edmure really Brynden Tully's liege lord? Brynden was not sworn to Riverrun when the story started and when he returned he pledged his sword to Robb as King of the North and was later named Warden of the Southern Marches whatever that entails. He never swore an oath to Edmure and I do not think he is under Edmure's authority.

Is Edmure really Brynden Tully's liege lord? Brynden was not sworn to Riverrun when the story started and when he returned he pledged his sword to Robb as King of the North and was later named Warden of the Southern Marches whatever that entails. He never swore an oath to Edmure and I do not think he is under Edmure's authority.

You might be right. But Edmure is the nominal head of House Tully. Family, Duty, Honor.

You might be right. But Edmure is the nominal head of House Tully. Family, Duty, Honor.

I'm not saying that the Blackfish does not love his nephew and I'm sure he will do everything he can to rescue him. Nobody embodies the Tully words like the Blackfish does but I just have often seen people post on different topics about Edmure being his liege lord and it hit me the other day that as far as we know the Blackfish has not sworn an oath to Riverrun.

I'm not saying that the Blackfish does not love his nephew and I'm sure he will do everything he can to rescue him. Nobody embodies the Tully words like the Blackfish does but I just have often seen people post on different topics about Edmure being his liege lord and it hit me the other day that as far as we know the Blackfish has not sworn an oath to Riverrun.

It is a good point. Thanks for pointing it out.

• 1 year later...

Archived