How will the Dany -Tyrion dynamic shape up ?

TheBadboy

Dany and Tyrion , arguably the most prolific characters of the series are set up for a rendezvous ... Do you think that Tyrion will like her enough to follow her ?? She is after all a child so I don't think her beauty will affect Tyrion's liking or not , as he never Sansa in such a way ..

So what aspect of Dany will he be attracted to , i.e if he is ....

And he is a Lannister , surely Dany won't welcome him with open arms.... How do you think she will feel about the Imp?

Do you see the two forming a counsellor-Queen type of bond??

Can hardly wait to see the two together :P

ETA : Forgot to ask whose PoV do you think their first interaction be in ? Tyrion or Dany?

Dany/Tyrion is an interaction I can't wait for many reasons, and TBH, I kinda feel it's gonna be epic... Well, not epic, but interesting enough.

But before I move to analysis of their interaction, I have to correct a mistake from OP. Tyrion did see Sansa sexually, and most likely he will see Dany in that way too. He admitted that he lusted for Sansa and that he wanted her. Furthermore, Dany isn't a child anymore. She is a 16, and although not what we would call a woman today, she certainly is one in universe of Westeros.

Now, what can we expect? I sincerely doubt this meeting will go that easy. After all these two come from opposing families, and Dany didn't forget what Tywin did. On the other hand, we have Tyrion who is supporting Dany for his own benefit, not out of sense of loyalty. We also have to add Quaithe's warning about lion coming and not trusting him. Also, there are two factors to consider:

1. Possible Barristan's death and the wake-up call for Dany. Simply, if Barristan isn't around, how will she take the truth about RR from Tyrion's mouth?

2. What if Tyrion becomes a dragonrider? How will that influence her?

All and all, that meeting will be interesting, for more than one reasons, as it will mean that Dany is finally if not literally, then mentally getting closer to Westeros.

Well considering what GRRM said in the one interview somewhere. (I don't have the quote but I think everyone knows what I'm talking about)

I think after Dany takes the Khalasar she'll bring them to the aftermath of the Meereenese battle. Then Victarion will kind of realize his original plan was stupid and Dany promises to make him Lord of the Iron Isles anyways so he just follows her. She'll probably have some cringe worthy dialogue with Tyrion and Jorah. Most likely involving many "usurper dogs" and "Blood of the Dragon"s. But then she may agree to keep them alive.

She'll probably split her army in two. All the infantry travel via boat and she rides with the Dothraki and dragons on land. Then she'll have to recapture Yunkai, free the Volantis slaves, take Pentos as per deal with Tatter's and then finally get to Westeros.

EDIT: I forgot to add in that Tyrion will probably travel via boat, apart from Dany.

My one reason for thinking she will not welcome Tyrion or Victarion well is because of Qaithe... Quathe tells Dany to beware of the Kraken and Lion... also the Griffin and the Mummers Dragon, So Connington and Aegon are on her shit list as well... I listen to anything Quaithe says...

It is a very curious situation tho, she cant spurn Victarion because he saved Myreen... She cant just kill Tyrion because... well, he is Tyrion (I guess she could, but that would suck for readers considering how many Tyrion fans are out there)

Also Sir Jorah, how does she welcome him? He loves her, she misses him... But he betrayed her in Dany's eyes.

Then dont forget Brown Ben Plumm... he might be dragon food when she gets back to Myreen.

This all largely depends on what Tyrion (and co.) have done while Dany is out with the Dothraki. Tyrion isn't an expert warrior, but he is incredibly smart and cunning. If Tyrion can 1) persuade BBP and his sell swords to switch sides and if because of that the battle for Meereen is won; 2) Tyrion (and co) are holding Meereen for Dany until she returns; 3) Tyrion roots out the Harpy (the Green Grace) and the Sons of the Harpy; 4) Tyrion may ride a dragon at some point and bond with one of them... then Dany will at least hear him out. Now, she's going to glare at him the whole time, but she'll listen. And once Tyrion starts talking, Dany will recognize that he's valuable to her cause. She may not want to work with a Lannister, but she's going to see that, in this case, she has to. And that's the first step. I think most people agree that Dany needs a Hand (or Maseter) by her side. Tyrion knows the Game better than Selmy (who is really just a knight) or Jorah (who is from too minor a house to provide overly useful information about the high lords).

As for the first interaction, POV: I'm going to go with Dany, with a Tyrion POV following right after.

ETA: I agree with Mladen. It's going to be epic. Been waiting for these two to meet for a long time.

I just can't see Tyrion liking Danaerys for the same reason he hates Ser Alliser Thorn.

She has no humor whatsoever, she thinks she is just soooo awesome, she is abusive to her subordinates. and utterly lacks humility.

I think those are some of the very qualities Tyrion saw in Alliser Thorn that he hated so much. Plus Danaerys is a girl child and it must be grating for a guy like Tyrion to see someone who thinks the world owes them everything simply because of their birth.

Also I would have to assume Daenarys is going to be snotty and threatening to, "the usurpers dogs", the way she always talks as if she had any clue of how things were/are.

I think Tyrion has learned how to bite his tongue and suffer the B/S of people who think their position in society make them his superior from his time in slavery and I think out of necessity he will eat the kettles of shit Daenarys will force feed him, but I could never see him liking her.

As for the first interaction, POV: I'm going to go with Dany, with a Tyrion POV following right after.

ETA: I agree with Mladen. It's going to be epic. Been waiting for these two to meet for a long time.

I can't wait for the two to meet, it'll be great to see what they think of each other through their POV's.

I just can't see Tyrion liking Danaerys for the same reason he hates Ser Alliser Thorn.

She has no humor whatsoever, she thinks she is just soooo awesome, she is abusive to her subordinates. and utterly lacks humility.

I think those are some of the very qualities Tyrion saw in Alliser Thorn that he hated so much. Plus Danaerys is a girl child and it must be grating for a guy like Tyrion to see someone who thinks the world owes them everything simply because of their birth.

Also I would have to assume Daenarys is going to be snotty and threatening to, "the usurpers dogs", the way she always talks as if she had any clue of how things were/are.

I think Tyrion has learned how to bite his tongue and suffer the B/S of people who think their position in society make them his superior from his time in slavery and I think out of necessity he will eat the kettles of shit Daenarys will force feed him, but I could never see him liking her.

Lol, don't hold back! ;)

I'm wondering if her experience at the hands of the Dothraki (I don't think the reunion will be quite the cake-walk her fans feel it will be) might soften Dany's views. To many of the Dothraki, she's a duplicitous, scheming harpy whose actions led to the death of a much respected (I won't say loved), never defeated Khal. I think by the time she eventually re-connects with her hordes down in Meereen (or what's left of them), and meets ('or intersects') Tyrion she may have more sympathy with what it's like to be the 'misunderstood outsider' who is asking to be trusted.

I also think from Tyrion's POV, his 'inner-think' will primarily be about contrasting Dany with his sister - he'll quickly come to the conclusion that while both are headstrong and dangerous, Dany actually cares about her people and isn't innately driven by her own pride.

I'm not a big Dany fan at all, but she's shown a capacity to put the greater good beyond her own objectives or heart's desire on numerous occasions. She's also capable of listening to and heeding counsel, and inspiring natural loyalty, whereas Cersei alienates those around her over time who could be on her side - e.g. namely Tyrion in ACOK when he genuinely wants to keep Joffrey on the throne and restore order in KL and the Seven Kingdoms.

First time I've seen Daenerys compared to Alliser Thorne.

It's a strikingly poor comparison. Everybody hates Alliser Thorne. People follow Dany because they love her and she is a charismatic leader. If there is a single other leader in the books who inspires similar devotion it's the High Sparrow, and we don't get to see his inner circle the way we see Dany's to judge whether he is similarly adored by those closest to him.

"[A]busive to her subordinates" is an even bigger stretch. Again, her inner circle adores her. Tell me which servants she has had physically punished because I don't recall any. She respects her servants and actually asks their opinion. Really, she treats her handmaidens like sisters; remember the way she sat up all night holding Doreah's hand when Doreah was dying? I haven't seen any other lord or prince in Westeros treat their servants the way she does.

That "everything was handed to her" bit is pretty funny, too. Did you read these books?

That said, Tyrion's got some 'splainin' to do. What's he gonna say? "I'm not a usurper's dog, your grace, I'm actually a kinslayer." Still, Tyrion's talent at talking his way out of shit is tried and true. He will win her over.

And yes, he will be attracted to her. That's a given. I'm more interested in what she thinks of him.

It's a strikingly poor comparison. Everybody hates Alliser Thorne. People follow Dany because they love her and she is a charismatic leader. If there is a single other leader in the books who inspires similar devotion it's the High Sparrow, and we don't get to see his inner circle the way we see Dany's to judge whether he is similarly adored by those closest to him.

"[A]busive to her subordinates" is an even bigger stretch. Again, her inner circle adores her. Tell me which servants she has had physically punished because I don't recall any. She respects her servants and actually asks their opinion. Really, she treats her handmaidens like sisters; remember the way she sat up all night holding Doreah's hand when Doreah was dying? I haven't seen any other lord or prince in Westeros treat their servants the way she does.

That "everything was handed to her" bit is pretty funny, too. Did you read these books?

That said, Tyrion's got some 'splainin' to do. What's he gonna say? "I'm not a usurper's dog, your grace, I'm actually a kinslayer." Still, Tyrion's talent at talking his way out of shit is tried and true. He will win her over.

And yes, he will be attracted to her. That's a given. I'm more interested in what she thinks of him.

Sometimes it seems like people buy a version of the books that replaces all of Dany's chapters with Mein Kampf excerpts.

What?

THIS! :agree:

Sometimes it seems like people buy a version of the books that replaces all of Dany's chapters with Mein Kampf excerpts.

Honestly, it's like we're not even reading the same books.

Tyrion: (proves his smarts and what value he could bring the Dragon Queen's camp).

Daenerys: (So impressed, she actually chooses to heed good advice). I'm impressed little man. I shall allow you to join my Court. What is your name?

Tyrion: I am Tyrion Lannister Your Grace. I am deeply honored to.............(Daenerys interrupts).

Daenerys: LANNISTER?!?!?!?!?! RED ALERT!!!! RED ALERT!!!! USURPERRRR DOOOGGGGG!!!! BLOOD AND FIRRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!

Tyrion: (Face-palm and Sigh) Why the f#*k did I have to go into that whore house. I should have stayed with the kid.

*NOTE

Tyrion could just say his first name but Jorah or Barristan (if he's there) could be there to point out who he is.

Tyrion: (proves his smarts and what value he could bring the Dragon Queen's camp).

Daenerys: (So impressed, she actually chooses to heed good advice). I'm impressed little man. I shall allow you to join my Court. What is your name?

Tyrion: I am Tyrion Lannister Your Grace. I am deeply honored to.............(Daenerys interrupts).

Daenerys: LANNISTER?!?!?!?!?! RED ALERT!!!! RED ALERT!!!! USURPERRRR DOOOGGGGG!!!! BLOOD AND FIRRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!

Tyrion: (Face-palm and Sigh) Why the f#*k did I have to go into that whore house. I should have stayed with the kid.

*NOTE

Tyrion could just say his first name but Jorah or Barristan (if he's there) could be there to point out who he is.

Tyrion is definitely going to have to confront the usurper's dog problem when he meets Daenerys. He might try to get away with not telling her about the kinslayer part, but from my point of view, telling her anything but the full truth is begging for trouble, and hiding his name is right out of the question.

I would counsel the short lord to tell all. He's just gonna have to talk his way out of it after he does.

Archived