(SPOILERS) Walk of Shame Confirmed?

iheartseverus

From the new site, Watchers on the Wall, comes news that showrunners have applied to the Dubrovnik city council for permission to have a naked actress being filmed during a long walk through the city. According to the map, the Walk will be from the Dubrovnik Cathedral to the Sponza Palace.

http://watchersonthewall.com/preparations-walk-begun-dubrovnik/

You've probably seen this before, but Lena Heady said earlier this year that she had been talking about this scene with the show-runners and didn't want to do any nudity previous to the scene because that would strip (yuk yuk) the scene of some of its drama:

In the fifth book, A Dance with Dragons, Cersei's numerous machinations, both political and sexual, finally catch up with her and she is forced to do a Penance Walk, in which her head is shaved and she is stripped naked and forced to walk across King's Landing through jeering crowds. With the show's producers freely reordering events from the books for the series, I asked Headey if she'll take that little stroll this season.

"I think that's going to be next season," she speculated, adding that she is quite aware of what the Penance Walk entails and has spoken about it with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

"We talk about it a lot because I love her...you kind of grab
David and Dan and you’re like, 'What are you thinking?' And they love to tease you.
They love to wind you up. Sometimes you think, 'oh, they’re being serious,' because
it’s terrifying."

As for how she expects the Penance Walk will be handled, Headey said she thinks it will be staged in typically "raw" fashion.

"I think, you know, it's interesting, that part for me. I've been very adamant about keeping her kind of clothed because I think that's part of her power. A
nd she can still be sort of sexual and weird and female, but she doesn't have to be naked. And I think it makes for a more shocking disempowering moment when this happens. So, we'll see. I'm a little scared."

Although Lena Headey's past interviews aren't quite as convincing as a nude-walk permit from the city council of Dubrovnik. . . .

Archived