White walkers are Jon's army

Jon_The_Targ

you do sound ridiculous, what with a all the killing and re-animating and moar killing and babies being sacrificed and all. If they just wanted to do their thing then why are they moving south into the realms of men? And why would Jon have them as an army. Wights killed his brothers and tried to kill his lord commander

They can very well have their own good reasons for butchering men, like survival of their own species, but I can't see why a man is expected to take up his sleeves their cause as his one.

Where on earth would white walkers interest have any priority on that of the wildlings and northerners, children, mothers, men... in the eyes of a human being?

Also, the fact they aren't evil on their own doesn't mean anything. Unless all have been said so far on them - all witness coming from tormund and mance as well as old nan stories - is false, even if they are just doing butchering cause they don't have any other choice that still puts them in the category 'danger which must be eradicated'.

Evil is by no means prerequisite for being an enemy, and being good is by no means a reason for being friends.

1:They can very well have their own good reasons for butchering men, like survival of their own species, but I can't see why a man is expected to take up his sleeves their cause as his one.

2:Where on earth would white walkers interest have any priority on that of the wildlings and northerners, children, mothers, men... in the eyes of a human being?

3:Also, the fact they aren't evil on their own doesn't mean anything. Unless all have been said so far on them - all witness coming from tormund and mance as well as old nan stories - is false, even if they are just doing butchering cause they don't have any other choice that still puts them in the category 'danger which must be eradicated'.

4:Evil is by no means prerequisite for being an enemy, and being good is by no means a reason for being friends.

1: Showing up after 8000 years and raising the dead and killing people is a pretty good definition of supernatural evil. I doubt survival is a pressing issue.

2: They are moving south from the lands of always winter. Destroying every living thing they come across and raising said dead to continue the killing is also a great definition of Supernatural Evil

3: Nan has been plenty correct. Jon and Tormund have seen wights first hand and Mance was able to unify the free folk because of the white walker threat

4 True

OP you are not being ridiculous at all, the wws aren't an army, but Jon is going to need them and they will help him.But alas that's not going to make Jon look like a hero.

The Wights are the problem and contrary to popular belief in and out of the story the wws are not responsible for raising nor are they behind the wights attacking and killing humans.

" Bright blue eyes" is right, check us out there.You are more likely to actually have people listen to what you have to say, than outright claim what your saying is ridiculous.I'm 100% sure you would get a bit more objectivity.

İ think the series telling us that white walkers arent bad guys.They just want to be free. My theorie is jon will have a deal with them and let them rule the north ( i know it sound ridicilous). So what do you think?

Welcome to the forums. Wouldn't they be free-er if they just stayed clear of men?

I like the idea that they aren't bad guys, but if Jon makes a deal with them I'm thinking it would be to help them fight whatever is driving them from their own lands.

you do sound ridiculous, what with a all the killing and re-animating and moar killing and babies being sacrificed and all. If they just wanted to do their thing then why are they moving south into the realms of men? And why would Jon have them as an army. Wights killed his brothers and tried to kill his lord commander

Hi Dorian,

Let me play devil's advocate for a minute.

Killing, re-animating, sacrificing babies...

These things aren't just done by the Others. We regularly see Melisandre and the followers of R'hllor burning people as sacrifice. She would have burned Edric Storm (a child), and Jon sent Aemon and Mance Rayder's son (a baby) to Oldtown to keep them from burning too.

Re-animating? Got that on the fire side too. Lord Beric and Catelyn for two.

I find it very interesting that people think the Others are "evil" (in a series where there's no clearly defined good and evil) while the dragons and the followers of the Red God aren't even when they do exactly the same things and commit the same atrocities.

I'm pretty sure Team Stark is in for a world of hurt, but that doesn't make Dany any better. She's not going to save the day.

There's a reason for Jaqen H'gar turning into Pate at the Citadel. He's after a book called The Death of Dragons. Why? It was the Citadel who killed the dragons the last time around. Why?

Lady Blizzardborn:

I like the idea that they aren't bad guys, but if Jon makes a deal with them I'm thinking it would be to help them fight whatever is driving them from their own lands.

IMO, both the Others and the dragons (ice and fire) are forces of nature, not good, not evil. They just are.

<snip

Lady Blizzardborn:

IMO, both the Others and the dragons (ice and fire) are forces of nature, not good, not evil. They just are.

I can get on board with that. There's only one problem though. The Others have a language and a sense of humor. Those are rather human-like traits. If they were just a force of nature, why give evidence that they may have a culture? Why not make them animals like the dragons are? Fearsome creatures like snarks and grumkins.

An interesting idea. The Night King comes to mind. You mean it's going to be a reversal of the story? Or maybe just shifting the sequence of events? The Night King's brothers did kill him after he took his dead queen; Jon's brothers killed him and now, he'd ally himself with the white walkers? Either way, sounds intriguing.

I can get on board with that. There's only one problem though. The Others have a language and a sense of humor. Those are rather human-like traits. If they were just a force of nature, why give evidence that they may have a culture? Why not make them animals like the dragons are? Fearsome creatures like snarks and grumkins.

Sentience doesn't mean the same as "not evil". They appear by all the stories and legends, as well as everything that we have in the books in the show thus far, to be pretty evil.

They are certainly made bad and dangerous to know, but in terms of evil and wanton murder and all the other horrors of war, the Mountain's men and the Brave Companions are way ahead of them.

In any case the game changer is the identification of the white walkers as Craster's sons, because if so they are just janissaries and just as Lord Tywin was behind the Bloody Mummers, so this will turn on finding out who's behind Craster's boys.

Things aint what they seem in this Game.

Archived