Lets make a baby

Wmarshal

Tyrion's words for Sansa in their wedding night.

They touch me every time I read them.

"I am malformed, scarred, and small, but... abed, when the candles are blown out, I am made no worse than other men. In the dark, I am the Knight of Flowers. I am generous. Loyal to those who are loyal to me. I've proven I'm no craven. And I am cleverer than most, surely wits count for something. I can even be kind. Kindness is not a habit with us Lannisters, I fear, but I know I have some somewhere. I could be... I could be good to you."

:ack:

I kid Another Locust! I kid! ...

Tyrion's words for Sansa in their wedding night.

They touch me every time I read them.

"I am malformed, scarred, and small, but... abed, when the candles are blown out, I am made no worse than other men. In the dark, I am the Knight of Flowers. I am generous. Loyal to those who are loyal to me. I've proven I'm no craven. And I am cleverer than most, surely wits count for something. I can even be kind. Kindness is not a habit with us Lannisters, I fear, but I know I have some somewhere. I could be... I could be good to you."

Good call, this one definitely ranks. Maybe even as one of my favorite Tyrion lines period.

I really liked when Drogo rushed to Dany and asked "Are you hurt, moon of my life?"

That's some pretty impressive tenderness from a guy who made his reputation via rape and pillage. He's really quite permissive when it comes to his wife. For a savage he's got a soft spot for Dany as big as Tywin's was for Joanna.

I really liked when Drogo rushed to Dany and asked "Are you hurt, moon of my life?"

That's some pretty impressive tenderness from a guy who made his reputation via rape and pillage. He's really quite permissive when it comes to his wife. For a savage he's got a soft spot for Dany as big as Tywin's was for Joanna.

Also, when he tries to learn the Common Tongue. He actually managed to learn some words and phrases, IICR.

Aren't many that spring to mind, but I think mine is a small passage from Dany's final POV in aGOT

My...queen," Ser Jorah said, going to one knee. "My sword that was his [Viserys] is yous, Daenerys. And my heart as well, that never belonged to your brother. I am only a knight, and I have nothing to offer you but exile, but I beg you, hear me. Let Khal Drogo go. You shall not be alone. I promise you, no man shall take you to Vaes Dothrak unless you wish to go. Come east with me. Yi Ti, Qarth, the Jade Sea, Asshai by the Shadow. We will see all the wonders yet unseen, and drink what wines the gods see fit to serve us."

First, I just love the final sentence, but more than that is the idea behind the sentiment as a whole: giving up home forever (in this case Bear Island) and living in exile forever, but it's enough so long as you have someone you care for.

As a secondary, the dialogue that's in my signature currently.

And not a specific passage but I enjoyed Jon and Ygritte's romance; it was sweet though tragic in the end.

I can't reply properly as I keep getting distracted by the thread title. Admittedly, I am a female person apparently lacking normal motherly instincts; perhaps this is why the title about "make a baby" seemed very unromantic. To me thoughts of having a baby would be the ultimate romance killer.

Soooo ... Perhaps I should vote for Asha's mention of having the good sense to find herself a woods witch and obtain some moon tea, to keep her belly flat, after turning in her v card. Moon tea sounds romantic to me, keeping the sexytimes going without pregnancy.

Archived