Pre-order Season 4 of Game of Thrones

Westeros

HBO’s just sent out a release noting that today, the season 4 boxed set of Game of Thrones can now be pre-ordered (US Bluray, US DVD, UK Bluray, UK DVD). Here’s the full release concerning the contents, and the differences between the DVD and Bluray editions:

51YrIiPNYvL._SY300_.jpg

The global cultural phenomenon Game of Thrones returns for its fourth season on Blu-ray and DVD from HBO Home Entertainment on 16th February 2015 and is loaded with exclusive bonus content, including extensive guides and illustrated histories.

This hit HBO series has broken ratings records and topped The Sopranosâ to become the most popular show in the networkâs history. Season four continues this winning streak with 19 Emmy® Awards nominations including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Peter Dinklage) and Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Lena Headey).

Each year, Game of Thrones continues to be one of the best-selling TV programmes available on Blu-ray and DVD, and Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season is packed with even more exclusive bonus content including roundtable discussions, on-set interviews, audio commentaries, and brand new animated histories giving fans hours of extensive, never-before-seen material.

In Season 4, while the Lannistersâ hold on the Iron Throne remains intact, new and ongoing threats from the south, north and east threaten to tip the scales. As Stannis Baratheon and Daenerys Targaryen continue to grow their respective armies, the arrival of the Lannister-loathing âRed Viper of Dorneâ poses a more immediate danger. In the north, the depleted Nightâs Watch seems overmatched against the advances of Mance Rayderâs army of wildlings, which in turn is being trailed by an even more formidable foe: the undead White Walkers.

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just sad they wait so long to release it. I'm not in marketing, but I think right before X-Mas would be a great time to release it. I know they like to drum up some hype for the next season, but HBO always shows the previous seasons leading up to the new season.

TL;DR, I want season 4 in my hands now!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, now the Amazon-exclusive Digipack is also ready to pre-order and it's just hideous: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00OY56QUU/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

I don't understand why they had to go and change the colour of the slipcase - it would just look awful next to the black boxes. Do we know if there are any differences between this digipack and the one Le Cygne posted above? Because if there are none, I'll definitely go for the black one. Yellow. Argh.

Ok, now the Amazon-exclusive Digipack is also ready to pre-order and it's just hideous: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00OY56QUU/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

I don't understand why they had to go and change the colour of the slipcase - it would just look awful next to the black boxes. Do we know if there are any differences between this digipack and the one Le Cygne posted above? Because if there are none, I'll definitely go for the black one. Yellow. Argh.

Wait, that's REAL?? God, my 5 year old could do better than that.

House Clegane, I might have to order that. There's nothing like that at the US site...

Preordered the regular box set because I won't have a yellow digipack on my shelf. No way. I like it when TV shows resp. their packaging have a unified look to them - unless the colouring has been different for each season from the start as they did with Lost. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's upsetting when the design is being changed halfway through (see How I Met Your Mother - seasons 1-4 white cases, seasons 5-7 blue, yellow, and black; didn't bother to buy the rest and sold seasons 1-7 after watching the series finale but that's a different Story) because... well... it ruins the look. I think they could have done a Clegane digipack without using a yellow Background - just take some dark grey and use, I don't know, a silvery or golden colour for the dogs.

Archived