What did you get spoiled?

#Turncloak

The very reason I bought the books was because I read about the series on TV Tropes (I'll never get those month's of my life back) which is a pretty spoiler-heavy site. SO I had muost of the tale spoiled for me, though not everything. I still enjoyed all of it though. That said I can't wait for TWOW, as I'm determined to not get myself spoiled for that book.

Ned's death via wiki when my interest was piqued by something he'd said watching season 1, and 3 chapters into the book.

Renly's death

The Red Wedding (sort of) - heard the term, also heard talk of the 'downfall of the Starks' so kind of put two and two together. But I had no idea Catelyn would also 'die' there.

Lady Stoneheart - Stupidly, I read Catelyn's page on wiki or asoiaf wiki after Red Wedding!

Joffrey's death

The very reason I bought the books was because I read about the series on TV Tropes (I'll never get those month's of my life back) which is a pretty spoiler-heavy site. SO I had muost of the tale spoiled for me, though not everything. I still enjoyed all of it though. That said I can't wait for TWOW, as I'm determined to not get myself spoiled for that book.

So are you avoiding the sample chapters?

Tywin being killed by Tyrion.

Joffrey being poisoned at his wedding.

Jon getting stabbed.

Catelyn's resurrection - but I didn't know how and why she'd die in the first place, so I still got that going for me, which is nice.

Brienne's being hung - but I still got surprised 'cause I didn't know she'd eventually get to live.

I think that's about it. Internet can be a curse sometimes.

The only thing spoiled for me was Gregor being "alive" still. My mom finished the books ahead of me and let it slip but it's so minor that I didn't care.

I do blackmail my unsullied friends a lot by warning them to stop doing something annoying or I will spoil something, which I would never actually do. The tables will be turned if/when the show overtakes the books.

Ned's death - before I started to read books, I watched the first season of GoT and before I watched the first season, I watched some GoT clips on youtube. One of them was Neds execution.

Red Wedding, Tywin's death - spoiled by wiki because of my curiosity.

Jon's death - a thread title on these forums was something about Jon being dead.

I don't think any else major event was spoiled for me.

Tywin being killed by Tyrion.

Joffrey being poisoned at his wedding.

Jon getting stabbed.

Catelyn's resurrection - but I didn't know how and why she'd die in the first place, so I still got that going for me, which is nice.

Brienne's being hung - but I still got surprised 'cause I didn't know she'd eventually get to live.

Hanged, WoodenStick. Brienne is not a tapestry.

:leaving:

I'm ESL too. Was just a joke about the part in AFFC, where Lady Mariya Frey says to her daughter (who makes the same common mistake): "Hanged, Ami. Your father was not a tapestry." ^_^

Shame on me then. :laugh: I had forgotten poor ol' Merrett. There again, considering I didn't read AFFC in english, the joke may have been written in a different way. I'll have to take a look.

I read the series before I seen the show but the show did spoil itself by having Brienne beat the hound like that. The show is still great but yeah at this point its taking so many liberties its largely spoiling itself. For a book fan like me at least.

I read the series before I seen the show but the show did spoil itself by having Brienne beat the hound like that. The show is still great but yeah at this point its taking so many liberties its largely spoiling itself. For a book fan like me at least.

Taking liberties with the storyline isn't spoiling anything. There are other threads for complaining about what you don't like in the show, this thread is for what people specifically had spoiled for them before they read the books.

The RW using the Wiki here. I knew there would be spoilers but so many names, houses, region got thrown around and me being a history fanatic made me come. I never read anything more than the basic non-spoiler content, but I kept seeing with the corner of my eye "red Wedding" everywhere. Once I got to that point in the book it was pretty clear to me what it meant and what will happen, though I had some fantasies about the Hound and Arya pulling something off. Tears and sadness followed...

Archived