Thinking about Shireen.....

She was brought to the wall.... It seems like there would be no other reason that she has "kings blood" and will be sacrificed if necessary. When Val sees her, she Immediately thinks Shireen is dead. What happens when you sacrifice a(n) (un)dead child? Anyone else wonder about this? Could this be what takes down the wall or the wall's power? Just a thought.

Yeah, I think Val's reaction was because of the greyscale, but the larger point about Shireen can't be ignored. Mel wants more kingsblood for her magic and Shireen is nearest and most likely candidate. We also don't know how Mel will respond to the (probably false) news of Stannis' death in the Pink Letter. It could push her to knew extremes.

I thought Val seemed more concerned that Shireen is a carrier for the Greyscale disease than anything else. Is it possible that in the cold and damp climate of the North that her Greyscale could be activated and spread among the Nightswatch and Free Folk? Val seems to think it can.

Good point. Maybe Greyscale is mortal in children North of the Wall due to the cold, but not so in the warm South.

Yeah, I think Val's reaction was because of the greyscale, but the larger point about Shireen can't be ignored. Mel wants more kingsblood for her magic and Shireen is nearest and most likely candidate. We also don't know how Mel will respond to the (probably false) news of Stannis' death in the Pink Letter. It could push her to knew extremes.

Mel should be able to dictate that Stannis' "death" is false due to her fire/powers. We have no idea what her thoughts were when Jon made his announcement to the wildlings and the nights watch. Maybe she knows Stannis is not dead, but refrains from speaking her mind because she wants help for Stannis AND she wants Jon away from the dangers at the Wall.

I fear Shireen's dragons nightmares are the true foreshadowing to her destiny (or death).

Archived