Azor Ahai 2.0 doesn't need a Nissa Nissa

Arcia

Sorry if this topic has been talked about once before but I haven't come across it in the forums yet.

So here's my thought on the whole Azor Ahai issue. Whether it be Jon or Deny, I don't think they need a Nissa Nissa to in order to be AA. Many are assuming that the sword would have to be created again but forget that Lightbringer already exist. AA 1.0 created it and if I remembered correctly, his followers took the sword and hid it after his death. (It's been awhile since i've read the books I'm just going off memory) It may still very much exist in the world but hidden somewhere.

After AA's rebirth, all that really needs to happen is for AA 2.0 to find the sword. I mean really, what's the point of having to kill someone you love to create a new sword when the old one is still good. Plus it would add to the crediblity of Jon/Deny/Moon Boy being AA if they have the sword and it's burnt scabbard. Perhaps Sam, who's currently at the Citadel will find information on the whereabouts of the sword. The prophecy does say s/he will wield lightbringer again but nowhere does it indicate s/he will have to recreate the sword to do it.

Thoughts?

Perhaps there isn't an AA Reborn? Perhaps, at the end of the day, it'll just depend on finds the sword?

Perhaps, but just because you have it doesn't mean people will automatically assume you're the champion of mankind. Your past deeds leading up to you having it willl play a big part of it. Stannis for instance. He has a "lightbringer" but not everyone believes him to be AA.

When Jaime plunges Oathkeeper into Cersei's smoldering heart, he will be Azor Ahai reborn...

Sorry to disappoint you but it's really looking like Cersei will be strangled to death.

Just because the sword still exists (assuming it does, and assuming it's an actual sword) doesn't mean it still has all the magic. It may need to be re-tempered.

Sorry to disappoint you but it's really looking like Cersei will be strangled to death.

Just because the sword still exists (assuming it does, and assuming it's an actual sword) doesn't mean it still has all the magic. It may need to be re-tempered.

Everything is an assumption until proven otherwise. Assuming it is a sword, perhaps like Melisandre, the sword just needs to go to the Wall where magic is still strong to recharge. Perhaps the keeper of the sword took good care of it. Many possibilities.

Everything is an assumption until proven otherwise. Assuming it is a sword, perhaps like Melisandre, the sword just needs to go to the Wall where magic is still strong to recharge. Perhaps the keeper of the sword took good care of it. Many possibilities.

What, then, if not a sword? The sword is a metaphor?

I believe the whole AA story is mythology. Nissa Nissa is the moon. As far as I can recall, only one character is referred to as the moon. Though, in this case, it would be backwards. The moon (Dany) kills the sun (Drogo) and lightbringer (Dragons) emerges.

Of course there has to be a Nissa Nissa. You think someone won't die for the ultimate weapon?

The Original Nissa Nissa already died to create the ultimate weapon. Unless you think people have to be sacrifice to keep up with magic maintains, I don't see why anyone else would need to die for it.

A Nissa Nissa will be needed. The most beloved, willing to sacrifice themselves.

Sorry, it will happen.

How sure are you about that? According to the Azor Ahai come again prophecy:

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him

It doesn't say anything about sacrificing a loved one. The tales of AA 1.0 sure, but nothing about AA 2.0.

It's true that there's nothing about Lightbringer needing to be reforged...however, I also don't think we would have learned all about the history of Lightbringer if it weren't going to be necessary to the story.

So here's my thought on the whole Azor Ahai issue. Whether it be Jon or Deny, I don't think they need a Nissa Nissa to in order to be A

Azor Ahai is a villain; a demon "savior" prophesied by the worshipers of a demon god. So yes, he will need a Nissa Nissa. And then another Nissa Nissa. And then another, and another, and another and .....

It's true that there's nothing about Lightbringer needing to be reforged...however, I also don't think we would have learned all about the history of Lightbringer if it weren't going to be necessary to the story.

I think the reason why we needed to know the history of Lightbringer is so we would know why the sword is important. It's pretty much just an orgin story for the sword and why it's magical. Must it also be something else?

If it is Jaime (don't see how it can be..other than being a boss ass fighter a while ago, he has nothing else signifying him to be AAR), it won't be Cersei. It will be someone it will hurt the reader and him to kill...Brienne.

Archived