Kevan's death

lyannaisalive

Is it possible the Tyrells take the fall for the death of Kevan. He was pretty well loved and respected by the Lannister family (everyone other than Cersei). I don't think anybody knows where Varys is so the Tyrells are the ones who seem to gain most from Kevans death so can this be what pushes the alliance to the breaking point? (This is all under the assumption that Cersei is not named queen regent thus giving Mace control)

Is it possible the Tyrells take the fall for the death of Kevan. He was pretty well loved and respected by the Lannister family (everyone other than Cersei). I don't think anybody knows where Varys is so the Tyrells are the ones who seem to gain most from Kevans death so can this be what pushes the alliance to the breaking point? (This is all under the assumption that Cersei is not named queen regent thus giving Mace control)

I think that that would be Varys's intended outcome of Ser Kevan's murder - that the Lannisters and Tyrells would go for each other's throats and throw King's Landing into anarchy.

I think Kevan's death will lead to a huge divide between the Tyrells and the Lannisters. Without Tywin or Kevan to diffuse the situation, it's gonna be a mess. Cersei is batshit crazy and dealing with her own problems, Tyrion is not even allowed in KL and Jamie is probably off to meet UnCat. Margery may be able to control Tommen.

Varys pretty much said to Kevan he killed him to create chaos bc Kevan was too competent. He said he did this for fAegon. It's hard to trust what Varys says, even when talking to a dying man, but if we take him at his word, he did set up fAegon for a much easier sacking.

I think either the Tyrells or Tyrion will be suspected. Cersei is paranoid enough that she might feel the most logical explanation is that Tyrion is still in the city plotting against her. It will be interesting to see whom the Tyrells blame.

Surely someone is eventually going to put two and two together than maybe Varys might have something to do with things.

It cuts both ways - plenty of insiders, including the Tyrells, will know that Kevan and Pycell were moving to under-cut Cersei, remove her supporters, and prevent her from wielding significant power. It would also be reasonable to suspect that she was the one to orchestrate their deaths. They know she has a motive, the opportunity and the murders very soon after she gets out of captivity. Cersei will also probably be very vocal in blaming in pinning the blame on the Tyrells. The whole thing can easily have the appearance of a clumsy attempt by Cersei to regain influence by killing the two players who effectively stripped her of it.

So yeah, it's going to cause a major rift between the Tyrells and Cersei's supporters. I wouldn't even say a rift between Tyrell and Lannister since some Lannisters will doubtless also pin the blame on her - knowing she's capable of it and also not clever enough to do it in a less obvious manner.

If we hadn't had Kevan's POV chapter, what would we have thought? I wouldn't have guessed Varys anyway. Both Tyrells and Cersei have motive and have conspired in murder(s) already. The Tyrells might get let off the hook if Cersei blames Tyrion but even if she does that, I think Varys would find someone to plant the idea of the Tyrells in her mind. However, I think Cersei will have to blame the Tyrells because with Kevan and Pycelle gone and with her losing her power after the walk, Tommen is going to be left alone and surrounded by Tyrells. As a mother, she has to do something to protect Tommen and that will mean pointing the finger at the Tyrells. But nobody has any proof. It'll be lovely chaos anyway.

Archived