Dreadfort top picks ....

With Roose Bolton and his son Ramsey Bolton being two of the most hated men in Westeroes we can assume by the end of asoiaf the boltons will be extinct, my questions is who are your top three picks for the dreadfort or will it be raised to the ground ? My picks are

1) Arya Stark - I think Arya will finish her training as a FM and become a great assassin but soon realises that it's not the life for her, she will gain the Dreadfort after the Bolton downfall and be the starks of winterfells most loyal bannerman, her sigil will be a black direwolf on a white background mimicing her uncle brynden blackfish tully ..... Arya the blackwolf Stark

2) Rickon Stark - same thing as above , but Rickon Will be very wild and hot headed earning the fear of every Lord in Westeroes.

3) Davos Seaworth - "IF" Stannis defeats the others he will reward the onion knight by making him lord of the dreadfort a permanent southern head in the north for political reasons.

The Boltons aren't going anywhere -- a cadet branch of the family will get the Dreadfort, since the main line is going to keep Winterfell. Everyone is going to love Roose after he solves the problem of the Others.

The Boltons aren't going anywhere -- a cadet branch of the family will get the Dreadfort, since the main line is going to keep Winterfell. Everyone is going to love Roose after he solves the problem of the Others.

Roose is about to get a taste of Northern Justice and will soon be dead with his abomination son.

I am not sure why "we can assume" something on the future. It seems to me it's a deliberate unfounded assumption.

I would love to see Theon Greyjoy be Lord of the Dreadford at the end of a path in which he completely earned back again the respect of the North and Starks. He would deserve it well after being destroyed and rebuilt again.

With Roose Bolton and his son Ramsey Bolton being two of the most hated men in Westeroes we can assume by the end of asoiaf the boltons will be extinct, my questions is who are your top three picks for the dreadfort or will it be raised to the ground ? My picks are

1) Arya Stark - I think Arya will finish her training as a FM and become a great assassin but soon realises that it's not the life for her, she will gain the Dreadfort after the Bolton downfall and be the starks of winterfells most loyal bannerman, her sigil will be a black direwolf on a white background mimicing her uncle brynden blackfish tully ..... Arya the blackwolf Stark

She could certainly keep the "dread" in Dreadfort but I'm not sure about associating her with the Starks' hated foes.*

(* First she was to marry a Frey, and then her pretender marries a Bolton. Combined with Sansa being foisted onto Lannisters, do females born of House Stark have any luck in regard to mates?)

I'd like to see it go to the bastard of house Hornwood, Larence Snow.

Either an entirely new house is created and awarded the traditional Bolton lands and the Dreadfort or it stays in Bolton hands, through a cadet branch. Or possibly through Fat Walda's baby. I don't see it as entirely inconceivable that the baby ends up with the Dreadfort. It would be the perfect punishment for Roose "Boy lords are the bane of any house" Bolton. The baby doesn't know anything about its parent's treachery, and can be raised by Stark-loyal bannermen. If it's a girl, it's even more likely that she'd be married to a Starkist for her claim. It would be easier in the sense that the historical family would keep their lands and you wouldn't have to deal with the trouble of establishing a new noble dynasty. On the other hand, was the status quo with the Boltons really that great?

Either way, Baby Bolton could have a role to play as a pawn.

I think the Dreadfort should be raised to the ground. I really think, given their history, it's well past time that House Bolton were stripped of their land and titles but this creates problems, especially if the Bolton-Frey offspring lives. If it's a boy, NW; if it's a girl, marry it off to another house. There are lesser houses sworn to House Bolton, so I think the best way to ensure loyalty is to raise one of them up (if any of them seem suitable). But I also think a lot of the lands should be given to others, the houses that remained loyal, although realistically, it makes most sense to give the land to the closest houses. Umber? The Greatjon was Robb's most loyal bannerman and the Smalljon died trying to protect him at the RW, so that would seem to be a good reward. And I'm sure the Umbers will help bring down the Boltons. Other loyal houses can be rewarded in other ways.

I think the Dreadfort should be raised to the ground. I really think, given their history, it's well past time that House Bolton were stripped of their land and titles but this creates problems, especially if the Bolton-Frey offspring lives. If it's a boy, NW; if it's a girl, marry it off to another house. There are lesser houses sworn to House Bolton, so I think the best way to ensure loyalty is to raise one of them up (if any of them seem suitable). But I also think a lot of the lands should be given to others, the houses that remained loyal, although realistically, it makes most sense to give the land to the closest houses. Umber? The Greatjon was Robb's most loyal bannerman and the Smalljon died trying to protect him at the RW, so that would seem to be a good reward. And I'm sure the Umbers will help bring down the Boltons. Other loyal houses can be rewarded in other ways.

I don't think the entire parcel of land should be given to any one of the neighboring bannermen. It would double the size of their own lands and make that bannerman that much more powerful and threatening to both their neighbors and the Starks. Just because the Umbers have been loyal recently does not mean they will be in five generations. If you are going to give the lands away, either split it up evenly among the neighbors or give the entire thing to a new house or cadet branch.

On that note, destroying the Dreadfort would be impractical. Whoever got the land would have to build a new castle in the region, and that takes time and money. Destroying it would take time and money.

Roose is about to get a taste of Northern Justice and will soon be dead with his abomination son.

He can probably guess that so should run back to the dreadfort and keep it. Has anyone got the time to siege him out?

I think he knows he's likely to get fed some justice so he should run back to the dreadfort and try to get ready for winter.

1. Roose freakin' Bolton

2. Syrio Forel

3. Whoever kills Dany

Robett Glover when he takes it, allowing Manderly and Stannis to crush Roose and whatever men he still has against his own walls. After that, Lord Brandon Stark may give the Dreadfort to his brother Jon, while the Black Wolf remains his heir.

She could certainly keep the "dread" in Dreadfort but I'm not sure about associating her with the Starks' hated foes.*

(* First she was to marry a Frey, and then her pretender marries a Bolton. Combined with Sansa being foisted onto Lannisters, do females born of House Stark have any luck in regard to mates?)

I'd like to see it go to the bastard of house Hornwood, Larence Snow.

I actually like this idea, provided that Roose and/or a son or daughter of Fat Walda's doesn't get the place. I'm wondering, would or should......The Dreadfort itself be torn down and rebuilt (and renamed) IF there is no surviving Bolton there? I have a bit of a twisted affinity for the name...Home, Sweet Dreadfort, but I can't imagine someone without Bolton blood really appreciating the decor or the name, for that matter. I'm just thinking that perhaps someone, like the Laurence Snow that you've suggested, might want a clean slate and stronghold? LOL

Westeros gets real boring, real quick without Roose Bolton.

Single minded ice zombies are no replacement for this masterful villain.

Well, really just the North. Littlefinger and Cersei are also fun. But the North would be dull as a doorknob without him. Ramsay is just too much of a caricature to be any sort of threat from a narrative POV.

I can imagine Roose triumphing, even though I don't believe he will. I can't say the same for Ramsay.

I'm ok with Roose getting the axe, but the closer to the very end, the better.

Archived